Calgarians that dualsport

Discussion in 'Canada' started by macuser, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Nacho911

Nacho911 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After taking shit from my friends for the last two weeks, I rode to work today. Snowed later like an SOB. LOL It was great. Finally out with the new Klim Badlands suit. Feels great. Now Where TF is my heated vest controller.

Ride safe my people!

Nacho
  2. jeanyves

jeanyves Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i will be dual-sporting really soon and i would like some people to ride with too,i am from the red deer area and i have a r1200gs adventure on the way
  3. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anybody have a Trailtech or Baja Designs regulator/rectifier they are looking to sell in Calgary?

My friend is having issues converting his bike over to DC and it appears his RR may be faulty. The bike is being shipped to Phoenix this weekend and we'd prefer to have it running before then. Otherwise I'm going to be working on it in sweltering heat in a hotel parking lot. :cry

Thanks!

CDT Trail this summer to finish off my 16,000KM winter get away! Looking forward to it!
  4. windquest

windquest Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Shibby, no lead on a regulator/rectifier but if you can get the trailtech one, its a better unit...
  5. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks.

I forget which one I have. I think its the Trailtech one since I have a capacitor too. No batteries in either of our bikes.

I'll see what he says. Worse case we buy one and take it down there with us and work on it there. I have to do a valve check anyways.
  6. windquest

Oddometer:
    No problem, They are pretty straight forward to install. I had the baja designs one fail on me 400km from home, luckiliy it only fried my battery and my flasher.

If you need any help or pictures for ease of install let me know, I can post some up for you.
    Jason
  7. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks Jason, but I'm with you. Simple install but for some reason he can't get it to work. I'm too far away to help right now but we'll figure something out. I can't see anything I would do that he couldn't.

If we find the problem I'll let people know so they can't repeat the same mistakes!

I'd have to have the RR fail on me. Thankfully I've had good luck with mine. It's been on there for about 20,000km pulling 175watts. So far so good!
  8. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:
    I'm in Phx right now. :)

There is an XT225 and a ninja250 down here that I've been riding the last couple days. (the girlfriends bikes)

The XT is having carb issues. More so now that I just broke a piece of the float.
    New one comes on Friday.

Let me know if you're around for a beer.
  9. Snooz

Snooz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone looped through McLean Creek yet this year? I'm riding a Uly and don't want greasy roads...it's great when it's dry-ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. big adv

big adv I need supervision

Oddometer:
    Gates not open till April 30th
  11. windquest

Oddometer:
    So how many kms you got on that thing now?
    Im looking at hitting the 29,000km mark this summer on mine...
  12. Beamerpilot

Beamerpilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I live near Rimbey, just North of RD - same bike. My riding bud moved to Austria for a while so PM me.
  13. Snooz

Snooz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks - got ahead of myself and jazzed about "getting out there" after riding this past weekend - didn't think about the gate...and I have a new D6I6 on the back waiting to be worn out.
  14. big adv

Oddometer:
    There is a gate at the Fisher Creek PRA in the south as well.

Drive around the gate? really? You need to get your kicks on your Adv bike bike by illegally entering an area? There are plenty of other gravel road you can ride on in the area legally. Why suggest riding in a restricted area? Its not like you are going to (or can) take your 990 on the single track in the area, so why bother. Do you know how hard the local off road riding community works to keep the little bit of single track open? It is fucking stupid, ill thought actions and suggestions like this that will get more of that single track and OHV areas closed. Look at the Ghost area for a result of this kind of asinine behavior.

Fuck
  15. Snooz

Snooz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lycan1-thanks for the tip on the south gate. I will, however, wait until it opens. Not because it's "f:(king stupid", but because I might get stuck with no one around. Add to that my new fear of a "stick in the spokes" by some other rider. ;) Oh, and that thing about keeping it real for the single track peeps.

16. Snooz

Snooz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dear fuck...too funny

17. big adv

Oddometer:
    The mere fact that you suggested to others to ride around the gate is telling.

I am glad that you have taken your 990 on the single track, good for you:freaky I have too, and my SE, now I prefer to ride the single track on my 300. The point was, there is still snow and or mud in the hills, a big bike would fuck the trails. So no point in going in there.

also, there are many powerful special interest groups that would like nothing better than to see areas such as McLean Creek and the Ghost CLOSED to OHV use. We dont need to give them any more ammo.

This was not preaching. This is someone that is passionate about riding and would like some where for his kids to still be able to ride in 10yrs. :deal
  18. big adv

Oddometer:
    Dont know how you thought I was aiming this at the D/S community, would of posted the same comment on the single track forum, if the suggestion was made there. There are bad apples in every bunch. Or should I say ignorant, some just dont know better, and need educating. Thats all.
  19. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Bigadv,
    Too bad that you were so quick to judge me by one sentence. If you actually knew me, then you might understand my own passion for the sport. Having seen a lot of Mclean,and it's riders this past season, it is most certainly not me that you need worry about ruining the experience of off road riding for your children. Just camp at Mclean one weekend and watch the behavior. It's not the over 40 crowd giving the powerful special interest groups their amunition.

This early in the season, I would not bother with any of the trails at Mclean. I was out there last year the day they opened the gates, and even the main road was a mess.

Not really interested in a pissing match, just hate being judged on a sentence or two. I don't claim to be a saint, there's enough of those around already. I like exploring,and my curiosity has got the better of me on occaision. That said, I don't leave a trail of garbage and torn up ground in my wake. My kids were taught the same values, but don't share my passion for riding. Count yourself lucky, if yours do.
  20. Snooz

Snooz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lycan, maybe you suggested skirting around the south gate because you knew I might only get 10 feet past it with the Uly and have to turn around...!

I crossed a couple boulder riddled creeks on this beast last summer in BC but I would likely avoid single track and especially this time of year.

I'm looking forward to running into the local ADV'ers around here (Bragg Creek area) over the summer. Likely not over at Mclean creek, as you find it boring, but who knows. I think it's a great short loop through to Millarville and back. Lots to choose from around there.

Cheers, Gents, and safe riding!