World Sport Performance PLUS Seats

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Thunder Pig, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Thunder Pig

Thunder Pig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just got one of these Sargent seats for my 12 GS Rallye and after the first few days I thought I'd share my experience with it.

I took it out to the box and was quite impressed with the looks. I got the red welt go go with the red frame on the Rallye. Cover fit perfectly smooth. Nice.

I lifted it up to install and was surprised how light it is, lighter than stock. Another plus.

Took the stocker off and it slipped right on, easier than the stocker. Nice.

So far it is a big thumbs up for fit and finish!

The big test, sit on it. I just get on it and I have two thoughts instantly. Wow this seat has a really nice shape and damn is this thing made out of cement? It is really hard. I have a Corbin seat on my Speed Triple and people say they are hard, it is PLUSH compared to this seat!

Ok time to ride with it. After about a ten minute ride, it's still hard. Ok, fine I'll let it sit in the sun all day while at work and go for a ride after. Went out for an hour or so. Still feels hard, butt it doesn't make me have to stand up after an hour like the stocker does. So it's hard and not real comfortable but doesn't cause butt burn. After an hour I'm ready for a break though. Hummm.

So I'm not sure about this thing yet. It's better and worse. Is it going to get more comfortable with time? Sargent says the form doesn't need to break in so does my butt have to? I do like a firm seat but so far this is a bit too firm. Maybe its the extra tough cover material makes it firmer than the regular World Seat, I don't know. Any one else have one of these? Does it get more comfortable? Good thing is I have 30 days to decide. If it stays this way I guess it a Corbin next. Bad thing with it though, no 30 days trial.
  2. texzen

texzen Multistrada by Day, Mclaren by Night

Oddometer:
    Austin, Texas - Live Music Capitol of the World
    I have the RDL and love it.......on the road. I can ride for 8 hours easy before I couldn't make 2. No way off road.... I'm still looking for a comfortable off road seat...
  3. SR1

SR1 We gotta get outta this place!

Oddometer:
    Just got one (a World Performance Plus) myself. I had previously had an RDL but my MX boots were beginning to damage the bottom of the seat where the leather went over the seat pan. I sold my RDL and Sargent was nice enough to modify my new seat (based on some photos) so that there wouldn't be boot interference and damage. Time will tell on that...

So far I like the seat. Not quite as tall as the RDL. I did notice that in my only ride with it (wearing dress pants of all things) the rubbery seat material grips well enough to give me a wedgie after a few stops. Hopefully this will be better with my riding pants.

I have a long DS ride this weekend, I'll report back what I think of it afterward.
  4. Thunder Pig

Oddometer:
    Part of the reason for choosing this seat was for off-road use. Tougher cover, gripper section and firmer which helps when moving around on the seat during off-road. So far I think that it will be really good for off-road use as you stand up alot, well I do anyway. Alaska trip is in the future and that looks hard on everything and think this would be good for when the conditions get bad for durablity. Just hope it will be comfortable getting there.
  5. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can't judge the comfort from an hour ride. You an sit on anything for an hour. Do a few days in a row of 10+ hours. Then decide if its comfy. :norton
  6. vtbob

vtbob wanderer

Oddometer:
    I've had Sargent seats on 3 bike now and a lot of miles. Yes they are firm. Some like this ...some not.

know your butt...what it likes.

I have found that I can and have ridden many long days...300, 500 and evan a few over 1000 and have found this firmness does not mean hard.

For me these seats are much better than the others I've tried. On long days, my butt does not like the pillow soft buckets that others love.
  7. Thunder Pig

Oddometer:
    So maybe it's not that seat is too hard, it's my butt that too soft? :nod

More time on bike will fix it, seat and butt!
  8. SR1

SR1 We gotta get outta this place!

Oddometer:
    Long day today on the new World Sport Performance Plus. I'm happy. It's not for everyone, but it's exactly what I wanted.
  9. marty hill

marty hill The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer:
    90k miles on mine...love it. Have them on both moto's.:D
  10. TomDac

TomDac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It needs to be broken in. After 500 miles or so, it will feel different. Mine did.
  11. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority

Oddometer:
    I just sent mine back to Sargent. On two consecutive weekends I did a couple of 4 hour rides. Sorry, but it was just way too hard and yielded two pressure spots on my sit bones. I thought the quality of the seat was top notch and well worth the money, however this seat just wasn't for me. The Sargent people were really great and the only thing I'm out is the shipping cost.

Sending my stock seat to RDL this week.