The dream to experience North America

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by 1- Hansi, Nov 11, 2013.

1. 1- Hansi

1- Hansi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now its time to tray, getting this site operating, and tell my story.
    Came from Norway,to USA 10 October, to fulfill a dream. See parts of North America. Tried to buy a bike thru internet, but the answers was few. So I took a plain to Los Angeles, where I got WERRY god help from James Tucker and his wife Colleen. After 10 days ,bike, plates, insurance,luggage, clothing etc.etc in place, my tour could begin. The bike I bought is a BMW R1150R.2004 with 2000 miles on the counter. Tires 9 yers old, so I bought new (Michelin Pilot Road3) and schooled of course also changed the battery. After some weeks the old ( Odesey don't last forever) one vas caputt, and in the midle of nowhere I got a new, but 3 mm to big. Kut half the battery case, and so it fit. Then I received tent etc, and vent to Cambria, Horizon Unlimited meeting. There, and on the road I have met many nice people, getting some contacts. For 3 weeks I have ride kross wise up the coast, San Francisco, Klaramath Mountains, Sacramento Valley, Sierra Nevada and are now heading for Death Valley. I believe they who build the roads, must be motorcycle riders. In addition through a fantastic landscape. Small towns, where time had stand still.
    Try to get some pics in here.How do I find "URL" for my IPhoto??
  2. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Enjoy your time in this awesome place we Americans so proudly call home.
  3. haggeo

haggeo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    you have to upload the photos to a site like smugmug, picasa, flickr, photobucket or one of the many other photo hosting sites. once you do that they will provide a link that you can paste into your post. it's easier than it sounds.
  4. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    have fun.
    we some some great maps of california and other western states to help you find those hidden roads. most all the bmw dealerships will have them.
  5. AdakTriumph

AdakTriumph Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you are in the Eastern San Diego area, I would enjoy showing you some nice roads and trails if you care to see them. Being in the US Navy, I know the hardships of traveling to new countries. If you have any questions or anything, I know almost everything you need to know about Nevada, Arizona, or southern California. Good luck and enjoy.
  6. 1- Hansi

1- Hansi Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. 1- Hansi

1- Hansi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now its time to tray, getting this site operating, and tell my story.
    Came from Norway,to USA 10 October, to fulfill a dream. See parts of North America. Tried to buy a bike thru internet, but the answers was few. So I took a plain to Los Angeles, where I got WERRY god help from James Tucker and his wife Colleen. After 10 days ,bike, plates, insurance,luggage, clothing etc.etc in place, my tour could begin. The bike I bought is a BMW R1150R.2004 with 2000 miles on the counter. Tires 9 yers old, so I bought new (Michelin Pilot Road3) and schooled of course also changed the battery. After some weeks the old ( Odesey don't last forever) one vas caputt, and in the midle of nowhere I got a new, but 3 mm to big. Kut half the battery case, and so it fit. Then I received tent etc, and vent to Cambria, Horizon Unlimited meeting. There, and on the road I have met many nice people, getting some contacts. For 3 weeks I have ride kross wise up the coast, San Francisco, Klaramath Mountains, Sacramento Valley, Sierra Nevada and are now heading for Death Valley. I believe they who build the roads, must be motorcycle riders. In addition through a fantastic landscape. Small towns, where time had stand still.
    Try to get some pics in here.How do I find "URL" for my IPhoto??[/QUOTE]

https://picasaweb.google.com/117668294714412557030/11November2013?authuser=0&feat=directlink
  8. Comrade Arturo

Comrade Arturo Veterinario

Oddometer:
  9. vdo

vdo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hei Hansi,

Welcome to the US. Not sure what your travel plans are, but if you are brave enough to reach the Dakotas, I will have a cold Ol and a shot of Linie waiting for you.

Ride Safe!!!

Hada
  10. Tropic-Of-Canada

Tropic-Of-Canada Guru of Shoe Goo

Oddometer:
    Grab the photo info like this (in Flickr anyway) Click on the photo you want to post, and this page will come up..... Click SHARE, and select HTML. Copy and paste the code. You can pick the size from here too.

If you are using Picasa, I think the "Share " button will have something similar.

[​IMG]
  11. Rutabaga

Rutabaga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the land of many choices in roads. Sounds like you are having an adventure already. We will enjoy reading about it.