R100RS mirror extensions?

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by Rapid Dog, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    Anyone know about these, if still around or?

RS Mirror extenders

Any other suggestions?

I know inmate MymindsOK has a custom set from a rally, but don't know who made them.
    Pic of his:
    [​IMG]
  2. boxerboy81

boxerboy81 Stay Horizontal

Oddometer:
    Not that I know of, but there are a few examples around of mirrors from other bikes that stick out a little further.

Some require another hole to be drilled to accommodate them.
    oem to the left. I can't remember the origin of the other one.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I see you've found that other link.
  3. Hawk Medicine

Hawk Medicine Coyote's Brother

Oddometer:
    Hey Rapid Dog,

Quit stealing photos from my Photobucket account.

Don't you have the decency to ask before you take something that doesn't belong to you?
  4. Bill Harris

Bill Harris Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer:
    Ken, he didn't steal it, he linked to it. On the Internet, if you don't want your images to be public, don't put them in public... :D
  5. 4ad

4ad ochlacrat

Oddometer:
    "Airhead #85"?????

I don't think there WAS an internet back then....they just sent pics thru snail mail to each other....thats why he's pissed.
  6. Hawk Medicine

Hawk Medicine Coyote's Brother

Oddometer:
    Nope...

I'm just tired of this guy using my images.
  7. Rapid Dog

Oddometer:
    ...you can't be serious Ken...you are selling those parts aren't you? :ear:ear:ear
  8. walkingbear

walkingbear airhead_motocave

Oddometer:
    Had a set on a 88RS .. they were ok, I had to stiffen it a little. I cut a rubber stopper in half and pushed it in the open space on the bottom.
    It stopped the mirror shake. It will do the job and you can see the road.
  9. Rapid Dog

Oddometer:
    Nick sent me an email. He still has some. I may make an attempt to fab my own. I may try a mod with Napoleons when I get there...
  10. Bill Harris

Oddometer:
    Nick is a good guy, and an outstanding Airhead. I'm glad he's still got the mirror extensions available. Can you share his eMail address/contact info, in case someone wants to get one of his mirror extensions?

I periodically toy with the notion of attaching RS mirrors to the Windjammer fairing on my /5, but the stock handebar mirrors are so old-school funky...
  11. Rapid Dog

Oddometer:
    I'll PM ya Monday Bill..my email is down...
  12. Bill Harris

Oddometer:
    No need to send it to me... I was wanting it here in case someone else needed it. I see that the contact info is in the link you gave in your opening post.

Thanks anyway. :)
  13. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    violating 2 club canons #85

Airheads don't take themselves, religion, or life too seriously.

Airheads like to share time, knowledge, parts, (pictures) and camaraderie with other Airheads.
  14. fishkens

fishkens Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gotta love those canons. They even make sense on occasion.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cjfische%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cjfische%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> The ABC (Airhead Beemer Club) has eight Canons<o:p></o:p>
    (1) Airheads ride Beemers with air-cooled heads.
    (2) Airheads believe that the simplest engineering solutions are best.
    (3) Airheads appreciate function over form, fact over fiction, and friendship
    over friction.
    (4) Airheads regard money as a tool, not a status symbol.
    (5) Airheads are earthy people who like to camp.
    (6) Airheads maintain their own motorcycles.
    (7) Airheads don't take themselves, religion, or life too seriously.
    (8) Airheads like to share time, knowledge, parts and camaraderie with other Airheads.

Peace and love.

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    Uke likes this.
  15. Bill Harris

Oddometer:
    +1 on that.
  16. Rapid Dog

Oddometer:
    ...Nick Grear extensions installed...they seem to work just fine...and I can see past me elbows!

[​IMG]
  17. Rob Farmer

Rob Farmer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got that problem with my RS. have you got a link so I can order a pair?
  18. Naed Nekkod

Naed Nekkod Banned

Oddometer:
  19. Rapid Dog

Oddometer:
    PM'd ya Rob.
  20. twobmws

twobmws Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have sold all the one's I made two winters ago. Been very busy with life and have not had time to make more, but may consider it next winter (11-12). I'll check back to this thread so if you are still interested in them I can contact you if you leave an appropriate message.

Thanks.
    Nick Greear
    Airhead #4127