Hotrodding the GS - Pre-Order Sale!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Poolside, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    You guys ain't gett'n it.

Next one up and ALL of you are headed into the shit pile.

Deal with it.
    Because enough is enough…

EDIT: and so it is.

JJ
  2. Gangplank

Gangplank Advenchaintourer

Oddometer:
    Lol....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    OK...While I am waiting for the digital, I have my R12GSA set to the "-30" setting.

Here are my questions and I apologize if this has been answered definitively by JJ or PS but I missed it [and I reviewed the closed tech thread, so I am asking here]:

#1 At -30 setting what is the 'offset' temperature on my bike? [I understand 'offset' to mean what temp "correction-spoof" the IICE Air signals/sends to the ECU]

#2 Will this -30 setting generate a richer/denser mixture at all ambient temps?

I ask this because I have an active series of long range, off road, slow grunt riding @ low rpm, high loads and with high ambient temps. For me this is not just about enhanced throttle control but I want a richer mixture to lower cylinder/engine temps. I do not want to enter the "rattle zone"!

Thanks...Phil
  4. johnjen

Oddometer:
    Phil,
    This is the vendor thread not a technical thread.
    As such these questions will need to be addressed when the technical thread re-opens.

JJ
  5. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    Not wishing to be a hard case but what are appropriate product questions on this vendors thread? I am genuinely confused as to what can be discussed.

Without knowing when and if the technical thread will be re-opened how can I get my questions answered before this riding season?

Again, I am not busting anybody's chops but need information on the product I have installed.

Thanks,

Phil
  6. johnjen

Oddometer:
    The Vendors forum is for vendors to deal with the details that surround the sales of their product.
    And your question has WAY to many variables to give you an 'simple' answer, other than a richer mixture should 'help' reduce what heat is generated.
    If this is a concern then get a fan kit for the front radiator. Police bikes have them.

JJ
  7. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    JJ,

Fair enough. Sales details only. Not product detail discussions on this thread. :deal

Is there anywhere [not on this thread obviously] I can get the measured off-set @ -30 setting since that is what now must be used? That was my question; can you point me to this data?:ear

Man-oh-man, we could really use that technical thread again!:wink:

Thanks,

Phil
  8. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>I received a message this morning that the Calibration boards are scheduled do be done the 8th, and to arrive here on the 10th. Meanwhile I'm ordering parts.

These plug-in Calibration boards correct the IICE Air performance benefits. And provide the originally-designed level of goodness. We are excited to correct that problem and restore the performance improvements the Air was designed to give.

In addition, we are anxious to get back to the new Digital IICE devices. Marketing says they are really something.

<BR>
  9. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    the Ozark, Boston, Kiamichi and Ouachita Mnts
    WooHoo!
  10. sunlinden

sunlinden David

Oddometer:
    Phew, finally! Can't wait to get the update.
  11. Plane Dr

Plane Dr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Because I stepped away from this for awhile, manage my expectations please. For the recalibration. What volume/delivery is anticipated? I would like mine to do better but honestly it sits on -30 all the time so I'm not sure it matters.

I want to try the new one but given time to date, my old GS might even be worn down, not sure it will be out, by the time it's ready. I'd be happy with a vague fortune telling even with the previous legal disclaimer.
  12. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    The Calibration plug-in makes all the difference. I understand you're doing what most people are doing and running the IICE Air at the -30° jumper setting as an interim solution until the Calibration part arrives. The performance benefit with the Calibration part is more than double what the -30° jumper setting provides.

As far as management goes, I'll keep managing the process that gets these Calibration plug-ins made. Designing, testing and setting up to build that plug-in fix for the Air has been a project unto itself. And an unplanned one at that. But unplanned or not, it had to be done. It was quite a trick if I do say, to come up with a plug-in recalibration part, which physically and electrically incorporates into the existing IICE Air, and maintains the -10°, -20°, and -30° adjustability.

The 'forward-looking statements' disclaimer I jokingly posted a little while ago was just a bit of levity on my part. Primarily because they're aren't any forward looking statements. What there is to know is where we are headed, what we are doing, and with the technical Hotrod thread in GSspot, how and why we are doing it.

<BR>
  13. Plane Dr

Plane Dr Long timer

Oddometer:
    It was more tongue in cheek. I meant what sort of time frame for recalibration vs the new digital. If the recalibration flows soon then I would go that way if the digital is way out there. I love the GS but with similar miles on it since the whole project began it might be long enough I may have to turn the old girl in on say a sexy Italian in a red dress or something equally mindless.
  14. Leop54

Leop54 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So I'm not such a technical rider, enjoying what to me appeared a better running of the engine of my '12 GSA 1200 even with the -20°C setting:D, but my question is: have I to wait for the recalibration part, or I can wait for the combo Air and smooth or Air/Cool delivery?
  15. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Plane Dr and Leop54, I'll take a look at things today and see if I can make a reasonable estimate.

But in the meantime Leop54, run the AIR at the -30° setting. In the interim, that setting will give the best performance.

<BR>
  16. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    IICE Air Calibration Plug-in Update
    Some boards arrived yesterday. This is last circuit board revision, and parts are on the way. A photo journal of the assembly process should be fun.

IICE Air Update
    I haven't forgotten about the last few pieces. I'll be continuing them on Monday. There will be a couple of extra.

IICE Digital Smooth and Cool Update
    We are sorting out the IICE Net protocols. That, and deciding about Bluetooth connectivity with your smartphone, or not. Plus, looking at some additional features for the Digital IICE Smooth. For example, compensating for the O2 sensor signal as the O2 sensor ages.

<BR>
  17. erkmania

erkmania I Remain Undeturd

Oddometer:
    Is the recalibration product ready for distribution?
  18. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Nearly. We just acquired an Infrared Reflow oven yesterday. I'm working on temperature curves for this miniature board.

<BR>
  19. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    the Ozark, Boston, Kiamichi and Ouachita Mnts

This one?
    [​IMG]
  20. Tklm539

Tklm539 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Put me on the list when there is a list!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.