The Making of a Cross Canada Route

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Deadly99, Jun 28, 2010.

1. ciedema

ciedema мотоциклист

Oddometer:
    I am happy to answer any specific questions. On the whole the riding is fairly straight forward. The most difficult parts are the quad trails as they have lots whoops that whilst aren't big they aren't consistent either. The old train line across NFL was the worst for this. I rode it on 990 with hard luggage.

Visited Skibum in NFL.

Sent from my awful Android Phone using awful Tapatalk software.
  2. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just wondering about the condition of the Forrestry Trunk Road from Peter Lougheed Provincial Park South for the upcoming season. I rode from the North end in August of '13 but South of PLPP was not passable. I also was wondering if there are winter road closures on the Northern sections and if so, when that typically reopens. If anyone has info or a source to check with, please let me know. I have several people interested in a May ride but I am not from that area and am concerned about the road closures.
    Thanks....justjeff
  3. ciedema

ciedema мотоциклист

Oddometer:
    ...and good cuppa of it was.
  4. ciedema

ciedema мотоциклист

Oddometer:
    The closures were largely to do with the flooding in Alberta early in 2013, when I rode through it I had to avoid a fair bit of the TCAT in that area (as did the Kiwis). They were in the process of fixing the damage when I can through.

In terms of closures maybe start here http://www.albertaparks.ca/. I suspect it changes year to year. IIRC the guy you routed that part of the TCAT lives in Canmore - maybe deadly99 can ask.
  5. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can't take any credit for that, all I did was province the hospitality of the location. Funny, EvilClown was just saying kind of the same thing on the Man Cave thread.

Where are you now?
  6. ciedema

ciedema мотоциклист

Oddometer:
    In Phoenix Az waiting for permission to send my bike back to Australia. After that it is back to work :cry and save for the next big adventure. I like to go to South America next and then back to Russia.
  7. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    Try not to have too much fun! I'm just trying to get as far as Ontario for now:lol3
  8. JOKER650

JOKER650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    SO where the heck to we find the GPS Tracks for the complete BC section?:ear
  9. gunnerbuck

gunnerbuck Island Hopper

Oddometer:
  10. tatters

tatters Adventurer

Oddometer:

Thats my thread on BCF, The owners of the forum changed the way images are displayed so that you need to reg and log into the site for them to be displayed on each post.

If you have any questions on the route feel free to ask me, Though l originally came to Canada from the UK to ride the TCAT and then move on l ended up settling in Vonda, Saskatchewan which the trail passes though. So if anyone is passing though on the TCAT this year and needs a place to rest/work on bikes let me know.

Alex
  11. KLR - Ken

KLR - Ken Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Alex, have you ridden with any of the guys - girls from the SDSC Saskatchewan Dual Sport Club. We've been in the greater Vonda area many times.
  12. kiffernathan

kiffernathan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In fact, I'm the SDSC member responsible for designing the prairie portion of the TCAT, from the Manitoba/Ontario border to Radium BC.

Don't get out riding as much as I'd like, but it would be good to meet up sometime.:freakyLittle did I know when I ran the route past Vonda that it would impact your life so!

If you're not already on the SDSC site you can join here: http://www.saskatchewandualsport.com/forum/index.php
  13. Trane Francks

Trane Francks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think that is way, way cool. The obvious question is: What's her name? :wink:
  14. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    This thread is useless without photos

:D
  15. rkt88

rkt88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi i am interested in getting a map of the swisha loop is something like this available i dont own a gps let alone know how to use one any help would be a bonus i live in the shawville area and there are quite a bit of gravel roads lots of bush roads available can't wait to do some exploring this summer as i got a new bike last summer and would like to put some miles on this year thankx
  16. bross

bross Where we riding to?

Oddometer:
  17. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Found this on youtube...TCAT season is almost here :clap

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mManSZ3grRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  18. StepOnIt

StepOnIt Assitoner

Oddometer:
    Been there some that. But it looks a little worse for wear since I did it.
  19. Dirtrider1970

Dirtrider1970 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks pretty damn sweet !!!
  20. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

It's on the tcat between North Bay and Sudbury