The Ultimate 2300 Mile 12 Day Big Duelie Ride Thru VT, NH, ME & NB Canada In The Fall

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by DockingPilot, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Tyler259

Tyler259 n00b

Oddometer:
    Awesome, pics, I've been to many of those lakes in The north woods. Brings back memories.

Thanks!
  2. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    When I come back, we leave St. Leonard in the morning and head north still, for St. Quenton New Brunswick
    [​IMG]
    chief 06 likes this.
  3. gaspipe

gaspipe 50 years in the saddle! Old School ADV

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  4. Mainedr

Mainedr Fakawe

Oddometer:
    Haha! Great story so far Frankie. With a few minor liberties though, eh? For example, the "fish" I caught was only a chub, and Dan only ate its head. :lol3

And hey...when did all this beer drinking happen? Did I miss something? :huh :rofl
  5. Snuffy

Snuffy Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's some pretty scenery up there Frank. A lot different than Nevada.:lol3
  6. DockingPilot

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    :lol3 Hey, potato farmer ! I'm from Jersey and a fish is a fish ! Anytime the hook comes out without a used Trojan attached it's worth mentioning ! :rofl

And yea you missed the beer cuz ya aint Dan and ya aint Canadien excactly ! :lol3

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4kkYhCX1uqQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4kkYhCX1uqQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kidding aside, I absolutley love those guys. Canadiens are the best in my book. None better and I mean that.
  7. DockingPilot

Oddometer:
    The next morning.

Bruce looks skyward. It's cloudy and pretty cool. The nice French Canadien women that ran the motel was kind enough to put our clothes and gear in her brand new commercial dryer. I was dry and wanted to stay that way. Unforunetly that was not to be.
    [​IMG]

Breakfast. Bruce blissfull :lol3
    [​IMG]

Im following the route today provided by the boys at NBDSC as usual. Were looking for the trailhead that will take us north to St Quinten about 60 miles away. And we find it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Oq2V7i9xeg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Oq2V7i9xeg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  8. DockingPilot

Oddometer:
    Enroute to St. Quentin
    [​IMG]

We nailed the foilage eh ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A couple of hours later we reach St. Quentin. We look for a Tim Hortons for luch and we fuel up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

St. Quentin is French and the few women we see around relect that. Holy smoke ! :eek1
    Its a very small town. Its around 40 degrees, but our tanks and bellies are full and we are headed for Serpintine Lodge as recomended by NBDSC. Its located right about in the center of NB and it's pretty remote. It will turn out to be a fantastic ride gettig there.
    [​IMG]
  9. STBNE

STBNE Scooterrazzi

Oddometer:
    The foliage just keeps getting better EH? Oh and Tim Hortons rocks!!!:clap I went to Ontario 3 times this year but these were road trips...nonetheless my Canadian friends were ever so hospitable...cant wait to return.:wink:
  10. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow great colors!
  11. MP5

MP5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Franky.....great stuff brother. It's fun to go back and relive those great days with you guys. Love the "Bob and Doug MacKenzie" vids too...classic touch.
    Sorry I had to cut our ph. call short the other night....but like usual, your wife was on the other line, lol. And yes, I loved the fish comment too.

For all that are following this RR, I just want to reciprocate all the nice comments Frank has been saying about our NBDSC guys. I know I can speak for all of the guys here who had the chance to meet up and travel with all of you, and say that you guys are top notch fellas as well. I never expected to have had as much fun as we did. You guys are great ambassadors for the sport down there, and I consider it an honour and pleasure to have met you all. And yes, even though Frank rides like a pussy, he's not a bad fella either. So keep 'er comin' buddy......
  12. DockingPilot

Oddometer:
    :lol3
    Ya hozer....:freaky
  13. byways

byways byways

Oddometer:
    Ok, the moment has come to ask the Big Question: In all of your travel experience, Jerseyguys, where is the yellow-ist, shiny-est breakfast food?
  14. DockingPilot

Oddometer:
    :lol3 In Jersey Tony of course !
  15. Superhawk

Superhawk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome job puttting together this ride DockingPilot. Amazing scenery and roads !

Riding and fishing - thats right up my alley :)
  16. byways

byways byways

Oddometer:
    Why is it always three guys standing around watching one guy do all the work?:krusty
  17. DockingPilot

Oddometer:
    While we were eating lunch I get a message from Paul (Moosie) who you'll remember rode with us days ealier in Maine but lives in New Brunswick. Paul is inviting us to a lobster boil at his friends camp located near the coastline. Paul knows our route because he helped us with it and knows we will be heading that way in a few days.
    Lobster boil eh ? :dg
    Even though we are in the woods of NB, thoughts of trip turning from "Turf" to "Surf" are emerging !
    Paul gave me the lat & long of the camp.
    So with thoughts of Canadien lobsters dancing in our heads we continue the quest.
    Another NBDSC member, Rob Wallace had taken the helm in routing us from St. Quentin to Serpentine.
    [​IMG]

My GPS points me to this logging companies entrance gate.
    I dismount to talk to the guard. My minions wait to see what I findout about getting in.
    [​IMG]

The nice female gaurd (not French) say's "you can't come in here with those bikes, this is companie land". I tell her we are from NJ and this is the way my GPS has me routed and we are headed to Serpentine. "Serpentine" ? :huh :huh she say's. "Thats far off in the middle of nowhere". "you can't get there from here".
    Oh yes mam, our friends from NBDSC tell us to go this way.
    "Let call my boss" she say's.
    ON PHONE WITH BOSS:
    "I have a group of men on motorcycles here from New Jersey believe it or not and they say thier friends from New Brunswick Dual Sport Club told them to come this way".
    BOSS:
    "Let them in"
    :clap :clap :clap :clap
    NBDSC has pull !!!!!!!

And in we go
    [​IMG]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eqaE5MW66cE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eqaE5MW66cE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We ride the main road for around 10 miles or so.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The the GPS is telling me to turn off the main hual road and take this sweet looking 2 track. Obviously closed but I trust Robb's routing and we push on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the otherside. Im from NJ and I'm on this little known, 2 track road in NB Canada. GPS says ride it for around 30 miles.
    Yea, pinch me.........:D :D
    [​IMG]

Flippin Awesome !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You wouldn't want to have to walk out of here fellas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nothing but Moose out here. A real assault on the senses. The smell of the conifers and the forest in general was strong.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ZPubjT9q5U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ZPubjT9q5U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6nesRDxQIs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6nesRDxQIs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

After one of the best roads I have ever ridden, we eventually pop out onto this more used dirt road.
    [​IMG]

We still have some miles to go before we get to Serpentine Lodge. :thumb
  18. Questor

Questor More Undestructable

Oddometer:
    :tb

This is amazing. Perfect colors. Cool bikes. Fantastic roads. Great People. Lobsters.

You're a lucky guy.
    Q~
  19. byways

byways byways

Oddometer:
    Did you encounter any truck traffic on those logging roads? I see some blind curves ...
  20. DockingPilot

Oddometer:
    Nada one. What you think this the metropolis that Idaho is ?
    :lol3