WANTED: CENTRAL TEXAS ADVers

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by ghostrider1964, Nov 17, 2009.

1. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    OK. Austin big bike peeps. I have a little 70/30 route for tomorrow if anybody is interested. Some of mr2mchs paved goat paths, some doable two-up dirt, some twisty fm's. We can eat in llano or San Saba and there are take out points to blast home if a divorce is in the offing. ;)
  2. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Oh, I can assure you these roads won't be crowded. lol Fredericksburg will be a zoo. I don't think I want to do that.

Figure I would head south early, early, snag Shady y esposa. Then meet up with whomever is headed north. Somebody call me and we will line it out. Uhhh....firm it up...Hell. Both of those sound wrong.
  3. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Well. Went and checked out the bike for in the morning. New used TKC is holding air. But apparently I left well used underwear, socks, and a bag of old guy crazy pills in Uvalde as a tip for the housekeeper. Grrrrr. Couple more years and they won't let off the lock-down ward without being on a leash.
  4. Cycledelic Relic

Cycledelic Relic follow old goatpath

Oddometer:
    Ya'll are talkin about two natural crossings on Sandy Creek right? Are these the two where the road goes across then down the creek for a bit ..then back across to the other side ?? If it is..then that's where I crossed back in the 90s on my VX800....After doing both on that street bike I WAS THE MAN!!!

then I encountered the long narrow slab across the wide part....with just that little trickle of water on it.....BAM!! yep I "WAS" the man
    ..but made it to Marble Falls for a piece of pie as consolation.

I also rode across Cooper's Crossing on the North Bosque riding a XJ650 Seca in the 80s

Both times were kinda interesting on those bikes.
  5. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Well. We have a plan. Sort of. I will meet cykel + 1 in Burnet at 9.

Soon as Joe shoehorns on the tire that is being a bitch I will know which way I am heading. lol. If joe is ready to go at 8, we will be headed clockwise. If joe is still fighting it we will loop counterclockwise and get joe and wife. And give joe some more time to tame the evil tire. lol it will work out.

We will see what we get done . I have bumpgate, the exotic ranch, Rough Creek, that desolate fun dirt stuff below San Saba, and regency bridge on the plate . We will see what the day brings. Should be fun.
  6. Mudclod

Mudclod Mojo Moto

Oddometer:
    That's it. That long narrow section has claimed many a victim over the years. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  7. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Yeah. I am thinking no on 315 right now. Too much to throw at them all at once. Next time. ;)
  8. Cycledelic Relic

Cycledelic Relic follow old goatpath

Oddometer:
    I still can't believe I rode that road on my VX800. Well...the actual road wasn't too hairy on that bike....but the crossings???

I'm headed back east tomorrow..to continue my east Tx ROaDmapping.....Maybe stay till Sat or Sun.
  9. RLCanon

RLCanon Adventure Arrrrr!

Oddometer:
    Sadly, I'm out for tomorrow. Anything going on next weekend?

Oh, pics from the Big Sandy suckage...

Hindsight being 20/20...
    [​IMG]

It sucked water in the exhaust killing the engine back in the deep part of the crossing where the current kept trying to push it over and eroding sand out from under the tires. Being by myself, it was quite the Sisyphean feat to get the fat fuck this far!
    [​IMG]

And again to get a few more feet...
    [​IMG]

The walk out to a cell signal and eventual rescue sucked, but even with being threatened by thug-life cattle:lol3, it was better than the ride home with the thin lipped wife! Ha ha! Really, she's a trooper for putting up with me. Notice I don't have all my gear since is was stashed next to the creek just waiting for the water to rise enough to wash it away, thus necessitating the swim across the flooded creek a day or two later. It's a good thing I grew up a dirt farming Okie swimming in a flooded North Canadian back home! When I got back to my gear my helmet was bobbing in the water just ready to be pushed over the little clumps of grass corralling it!
    [​IMG]
  10. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    RL. I remember this happening to you. lol Quite the adventure.
  11. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Oh. By next weekend, do you mean this weekend? Like 3 days from now? I am in.

Wait. I have to find a tire. Maybe this weekend.
  12. TXjames

TXjames High Sider

Oddometer:
    Did you really just say that? :huh
  13. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    LOL, it made more sense before it was taken out of context. Well, almost made sense. :lol3:shog
  14. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Tough crowd. lol
  15. mfleck

mfleck Fleckster

Oddometer:
    Well guys next month on August 3rd ill be off for a easy coast spin on my custom adv rig so here it is it will get guards later this week [​IMG]

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vbyhbo
  16. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:

Nice! What did you start with?
  17. ShadySmurf

ShadySmurf Does Own Stunts

Oddometer:
    There is still only one 990 R right now. Although that may change soon. ?
  18. ShadySmurf

ShadySmurf Does Own Stunts

Oddometer:
    Well, two I mean!
  19. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Shady left me with one mechanical chore to do when I got home and of course . Fail. BigDave is coming to rescue me. Now I have to go play catch up. ;) Robbing parts from a GS Adventure I saw in Coryell City. lol

Dody. BTW. I wouldn't ride my BMW when I got home if I were you. :eek2 Might not be a good i-dee.
  20. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    :rofl