Death Valley DAZE 2013

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by RAZR, Nov 30, 2012.

1. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    im going on my triumph bonneville.

didnt realize it was a dual sport meetup, so me, a friend on a harley, maybe a ducati, possibly some old bmw's, a honda hornet......

we're gunna come hang, and pound some pavement, have a good time.

bring whatever ya got to ride
  2. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    Agreed.
  3. longtallsally

longtallsally Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer:
    Bah, you should go. You have more skills than I did the first time I went. Plus, this is a better time to learn with a group, than out on your own. This actually will be the first time for DVD that I'll be on a small bike and only my second time in DV on a small bike.

And like Finn said, Mengel isn't that bad...

[​IMG]
  4. Luv2putt

Luv2putt RETIRED!!

Oddometer:
    I may come up early Thursday (Wednesday night) and I gotta leave Saturday morning for my daughters 25th birthday party, but I already told my bitch RAZR that I cancelled my reservation. I can reserve site 113 or I can leach off one of you fucks for 2 nights and I'll sleep in my truck and bring DR.
  5. 1224R

1224R Long timer

Oddometer:

That's the spirit... As soon as you arrive find some one and be their bitch. That will get you protection.. Oh yeah and make a good batch of prison toilet hooch...

You will have a blast!!!! See you here!!
  6. 1224R

1224R Long timer

Oddometer:

Get knobbies TKC 80s is a good start.. Don't come with street tires... Unless you like dropping that thing all day...:clap:clap
  7. 2wheeljunkie

2wheeljunkie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Alright, pretty sure I'm overthinking it. I just don't want to get in over my head or trash my new bike (I will some day but I gotta work up to it). I got the weekend cleared with the old lady so I may as well show up. I'll ride the mellow stuff, hang out, drink beer, and get to know everyone. Thanks for the support. Looking forward to meeting most of you.

:freaky
  8. longtallsally

Oddometer:
    Titus Canyon is a good start. You start feeling sassy and look for Lippincot. Goler for if you feel ignorant.

And DO NOT listen to Windrat. He is the most mellow dudes you will meet, and you will think just a nice old chill guy, and also one of the fastest. I've ridden with him and his ilk a couple times and I can't stay in the same area code as that dude.
  9. Windrat

Windrat just a poser

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping to ride Titus...

I could help...with some riding info... like a small bike say a 500cc is eazyer to ride in the dirt than a 1200cc
    Ya it seems like everyone would get it...
  10. mr. thumbs

mr. thumbs Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just might have to try and make this ride.

Tow my trailer or is it cool for tent camping?
  11. longtallsally

Oddometer:
    You know, the front wheel on the GS is still bent from when we came out of Rhyolite a few years ago. We came to a wash at speed and you simply slip the clutch on your- then- DRZ and float it. I can't do that on a 600 lb pig... :lol3

But if things go well, I may be looking at a 500exc mid to late summer since I've beat Karen's bike up enough...
  12. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie High-Tech Meets Low Class Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lake Isabella, CA USA / Mai Chau, Vietnam

No, it's lots of fun and you're off better to just stay on the throttle, even on a Ducati Monster. :wink:

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/3011503?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="1279" height="964" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/3011503">Death Valley on a Ducati</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/lostrider">Lost Rider</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
  13. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    Either, or. Tony try to line up another site if you bring the trailer.
  14. pvt joker

pvt joker Latebird

Oddometer:
    Hey Thumbs, we've got room if you're tent camping.
  15. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks ready to me?
  16. longtallsally

Oddometer:
    Ok, I'm starting to do detailed trip planning and route loading. So what trails on what days is everyone planning?

Sorry, Bob, I've done Titus enough that I want something different.

I'd really like to do Lippincott again as well as check out Goler. I think each of those is a day ride, aren't they?

I've only made it part way up Echo (with Bob of course) and I think at is a pretty short ride but would like to finish that one too.

So what's up? :ear
  17. Windrat

Windrat just a poser

Oddometer:
    Find a 07 525 or 450 set it up and enjoy
  18. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is it possible to tow my bike with my van & will be sleeping in my van as I have done many times. What type site is needed?
  19. 2wheeljunkie

2wheeljunkie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was joking about that last bit. Looking forward to meeting all of you. Gonna order up some meatier tires today.
  20. longtallsally

Oddometer:
    I'm scared of older orange bikes. Plus I'd get injection on the new flavor. I dunno, I was quickly shopping plated XR400s and those things are dirt cheap comparatively.

I've gotten spoiled on the bowling ball reliability of the WR, but am now jonesing for a bit more juice. I mounted the new meats the other day, and hopefully just having the extra traction will tide me over until I decide it prudent to spend the huge amount of $$$$$$$$$$$ for the new 500.

The biggest problem for me is that I need shocks for the pig right away (big ride leading up to WARPED on it) and probably sort out the front wheel. The cost of that alone is the cost of an XR or the like and certainly a punch in the head for a new bike. So I think I'm just going to survive on the little bike for a while longer as the sale of the track bike is going to fund the stuff for the pig.

We want to buy a house in the not too distant future which means existing toys will be what exists for us for a while...