Rowher Flats Breakfast Klub

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Klammer, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    Agree
  2. rinconrider

rinconrider Sir Crash-a-lot

Oddometer:
    i did what you wanted and it isn't good enough for you, now you are accusing me of malicious intent? i'm done wasting my time on you. why don't you call your best friend Bob and ask him what we talked about if you care so much.

it's become clear to me who is a waste of time around here.

if you don't "give a care about rowher" like you stated get off this thread.

:asshat

wes

3. Jeff aka BOLT

Jeff aka BOLT Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer:
    Wes... Didn't accuse you of nuttin'... I asked a question. Your snarky attitude doesn't suggest you give a shit about anything but picking a fight. If I misinterpreted your snark... my apologies.

TO THE ROWHER REGULARS: I'll stay in touch with Bob dressing out ideas that he can get behind. The Recreations Officer for the Angeles also called me on behalf of the Forest Supervisor to offer her support as well. I will be meeting the senior staff in the fall to present a plan for more dirt bike only trails. We will be meeting again in Jan to discuss Grant Requests that they are willing to put forward for Green Sticker Funds Approval.

If you want to make specific suggestions that I can promote please PM me.

The only thing on my list at this momment is replacing those lost cut outs with offical trails. I need more options to present. Need your ideas NOW and thru the summer. :deal

Results will mean action on the ground 2015/2016. We have to start NOW if you ever want to make changes.
  4. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:

im starting to think you are a sierra club member in adv rider disguise. what if we just do what we do and you can just be ok with it. go hang out in california adventure rider and see if they need help following or making new rules.
  5. Jeff aka BOLT

Oddometer:
    I am going to spend the next year trying to get green sticker money to add dirt bike only trails to the Rowher OHV area. It can be done. But we need some user involvement in the way of a phone call and an email when the time is right.

If everyone pissed about shrinking trails at Rowher:

1) - Makes one phone call now asking to get dirt bike only trails put back where the cut outs were for SAFETY and simple fairness as dirt bikers have lost almost all trails in these OHV areas to wider and flatter trails for ATVs, SXSs and full size vehicles....

2) - And then sends one email supporting the grant application that gets submitted next year in March....

...you have a great chance of seeing new dirt bike only trails in 2015/2016.

I know the SSS crowd has no interest in working with the man... or even riding Rowher for that matter. They get half their thrill from riding outlaw and flipping the man the bird ! I get it. After 30+ years in OC I moved wife, home & business to the high desert to live in an area where I can ride rouge from my driveway any day of the week. I see no one... I share no trail. I rarely hear another dirt bike. It's a 50s thing. You've had enough... and you don't give a shit anymore... and you are gonna be a little rebelious for a few years before you can't any more. It's call midlife whether you wanna admit it or not. I GET IT.

That said... for you Rowher lovers... that want your local riding area to grow in trail miles rather than shrink there is a way ! We've done it in SBNF... and Angeles (Rowher) is willing to listen.

Start the process by giving Ranger Bob Blount a call at (661) 269-2808 and let him know you want to "Add back dirt bike only trail to Rowher where they took away the cut outs along the forest road forcing you to share a high speed dirt road with ATVs, SXS and full size vehicles. It is a huge safety issue... and it is also a fairness issue as dirt bikers have lost so much trail to ATVs, SXS & full size vehicles."

The number of calls he gets right now gives him a reason to help you. Nobody calls ? He'll go work on mountain bike or equestrian trails. Those people are calling.

Sierra Club Operative signing out ! :lol3
  6. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:

same thing happened in lake arrowhead, i was taking my rhino on the same trails for years, then they put up a sign saying no rhinos, it was fun plowing into that sign and not looking back. a trail is a trail, quad rhino or dirtbike for that matter. if guys like you who are so into making trails, help organize against the MAN!!!
  7. Jeff aka BOLT

Oddometer:

With almost 200 miles if green sticker trails and forest roads for your rhino on that mountain... you just have to drive on the few miles of 50 inch trail reserved for atvs and dirt bikes around arrowhead... and run down signs in the process.

So when you claimed you are only an asshole online... I guess you were lying. :lol3
  8. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:

I think his claim was, he is a Dick.
  9. Jeff aka BOLT

Oddometer:
    Oh... sorry if I mispoke... :rofl
  10. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:

it was never reserved for anything, it was just fine for a rhino, just wide enough to be fun and not dangerous. but then they put up a sign saying it was no longer legal, but didnt actually change anything on the trails.

we can fight all day long on here, i will win everytime.
  11. Cannabinoid

Cannabinoid Banned

Oddometer:
    fixed
  12. Jeff aka BOLT

Oddometer:
    I have NO PROBLEM with those that think my proposal is a waste of time. You think one phone call and one email is a waste... fine. Think Rowher sucks... fine. Think working with the man is cowardly or giving up your freedom or civil liberties... fine. Don't help !

But shoving a stick in my spokes trying to sabotage my efforts... and turning on me personally is ridiculous. Fact is whether your paying attention or not the US Gov catalogued every trail in the nation and has been minimizing us for several years. Adding trails to the official system hurts NO ONE.

It's funny how others are entitled to their opinions to sit on their ass and bitch about how it once was and still should be... but I am NOT entitled to my opinion to go try and get some miles of trail added to Rowher.

If any of you RFBK / RFTK guys wanna make one call and one email per year to get more miles of trails... PM me. :thumb
  13. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:

Hey Jeff,
    Keep up the good work, I'm glad you wear the nerd hat so I don't have to.
    I will put in a word when needed, but mostly I will just ride and help keep clear my favorite trails....Rowher is a fun place to ride if you don't have the time to travel farther, just like any other local place. The Clevland NF crew make jokes about how that place sucks but thy keep riding there because it's close to home.
    It makes me feel lucky to live so close to some really bitchen trails.

See you fucks on the mountain if you dare to drive past Rowher.
  14. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    Curious, seaing that the RFBK has been together for some time now, over 3 years im sure, why is that NONE of them (mostly rich) had NEVER been told about this upcoming closure if this was to be public knowledge. Seems this closure came out of the blue even to klammer (our founding father of RFBK) telling me terry must have known but kept his mouth shut about this upcoming closure? (shame on him if so) Seems he would have made this #1 priority & gave the heads up 3 years ago & told us to fight about then. Just amazing that (OUR) MONEY & there resources go into closing an OLD EDISON road:lol3 which actually makes the riding area more dangerous for the people who do use it. Bottom line is, its all phucking political BS, someone has a job & gets paid to enforce the closures, PERIOD!

RIDE ON!
  15. Burmshot

Burmshot Born to ride

Oddometer:
    I wounder if Terry was the one that actually put up the fencing :huh. I guess calling everybody for a work party to shut down trails would not be cool, so they did it them selfs.
    I personally don't think Terry new anything about the closure he is just an employee and the head people do not always tell the employee's what is going on. Now that the off shoots are closed on the top beware of the fire road many accidents will happen. They will have to spend alot of money on emergency response to help the injured now.
  16. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    No, they had a bunch of prisoners do it. RAZR, Jimmy and I were up ther that day and caught them in the act.
  17. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who want to ride F$cked up Rowher tomorrow ? We can go to the oaks and cry on each others shoulders and stuff .
    :rofl

9 o cock bitches:freaky
  18. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    Will you be riding the tricycle again? :rofl
  19. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    YZ funny guy:D
  20. notmybikemodelname