WANTED: CENTRAL TEXAS ADVers

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by ghostrider1964, Nov 17, 2009.

1. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Going home after lunch to air it up and look for the nail I know is in there somewhere. I am sure it will be a fail.
  2. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer:
    As I mentioned a bunch of posts back, LS had the Heidenau K60's in stock now. I know it isn't your favorite, but a bird in the hand...and a BigDave to pick it up for you...
  3. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    I know where a pre-crashed K60 is. Just have to find a way into the garage in Clifton.
  4. simmons1

simmons1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought you would never run a K60 again?
  5. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    I'm sure hoping it won't come to that. lol But if Odie gets his bike today or Saturday I am going be on something. It may be a plugged wore out TKC or a K60 but "Desperate times call for desperate actions". I will just slow down on the street. ;)
  6. Cykel

Cykel I'm Adventurer?

Oddometer:
    Just add some traction control. The computers will protect you! :wink:

Until they decide not to, of course.
  7. cavemanjed

cavemanjed Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I have one of the Olympia Jackets. http://olympiamotosports.com/catalog/mesh-tech/mens-x-moto-all-season-transition-jacket/

Rode in the mountains and down through the desert this last may, only remember being somewhat uncomfortable once, and that was because I was too lazy to pull over and unzip the panels fully. The built in camelback is nice, holds a little bit over a liter. Been pretty happy with it all in all. I use the Ex-Officio underpants, work great. Need to look into one of those high tech tops.
  8. bigdave-gs

bigdave-gs Been riding longer than a lot have been alive !

Oddometer:
    My jacket is starting to get a little ruff around the edges, might have to talk to you about how it's holding up over a period of time. How long have you had yours and how many miles have you put on it so far?
  9. bigdave-gs

bigdave-gs Been riding longer than a lot have been alive !

Oddometer:
    Just have to watch out for the hot greasy spots while corning hard.....kind of like a TKC.....:eek1 :lol3
  10. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Why exactly do you care? Are ya thinking that Olympia sizing goes S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL, Go-Rilla?
  11. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    I have the Olympia Moab jacket. I like it. You want to try it on for size your welcome to. I also have a pair of their mesh pants. Good stuff.
  12. cavemanjed

cavemanjed Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I bought it in February. So far only about 3k miles on it. In perfect condition at moment. Life has been abusing my riding time lately. I'm a chubby bastard right now, bought a triple x, fits well enough.
  13. sasquatch98

sasquatch98 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My wife has an Olympia Airglide 2 mesh jacket she has been wearing for 2 years it's held up well, I have an Olympia AST I've had about a year with no complaints it vents very well and has a much more substantial back protector than most jackets. I'm looking at buying and Olympia mesh jacket myself to replace my tourmaster mesh jacket that's coming apart Lonestar sells the one I like but didn't have my size (XL) in stock in eye searing yellow.
  14. Odiegreen73

Odiegreen73 Marginal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The rumors are true. Danger Boy's KTM followed me home today from LoneStar. Not sure what this is going to cost me with the Mrs. but she green lighted me to go ride at least one day this weekend.

Odie

:evil
  15. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Pick Sunday. Cuz I want to go.
  16. Odiegreen73

Odiegreen73 Marginal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sunday is looking better and better.

Odie
  17. Mudclod

Mudclod Mojo Moto

Oddometer:
    Did you keep the KLR?
  18. ShadySmurf

ShadySmurf Does Own Stunts

Oddometer:
    SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUUUUNDAY!

Watched Ted tonight. Great movie, not for kids, even if the main character is a giant teddy bear. I was kind of surprised at the amount of small kids there, have to blame the parents for not watching a preview I guess.
  19. ghostrider1964

ghostrider1964 Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer:
    Sunday is good with me but stay close cause I will be on the SE and it can pass anything but a gas station:lol3 Did you sale the KLR? I had a friend call this evening trying to buy mine as is and I told him it will have to be fixed cause I owe money on it:deal
  20. ghostrider1964

ghostrider1964 Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer:
    WTF>>>Who left the damn heater on...It was 48 in Lake city yesterday morning:eek1