Rallye navigation bracket photo thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by wrk2surf, May 4, 2011.

1. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    May be you have to get rid of it first :evil :D

Nice work Paul... Your designs are always well thought so thumbs up for another good one !! :clap
  2. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    They dual 8's worked real well on the frame mount. I jumped right into a deep soft sand wash with cold muscles and cold suspension, still I couldnt feel the weight of the lights at all. I also had the Onx mounted to the bottom of the 8's so it was a pretty heavy (and ridiculously bright) setup.
  3. Renazco

Renazco Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer:
    We made a small change on our RB holders by cutting out the center, keeps them a little lighter for those interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Pilbara

Pilbara In the flow...

Oddometer:
    I have many times in the past and still do just pop down to the supermarket and pick up a bread/chopping board of the right size and thickness in HDPE. You may have to hunt around a bit to find the right store but there is lots to choose from when you do.

Cheers
    Pilbara
  5. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    ikea sells those cutting boards for about a dollar. Last time I was there I picked up 5 or 6 for use on the rally car...ended up making spring spacers out of one.
  6. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    I was just there and saw an entire box of them, I even showed them to the wife and laughed about it:lol3 Paul, I can go back and buy a box of them if you want. They where about 5/16"
  7. crankshaft

Oddometer:
  8. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer:
    You guys,

I'm over getting the 5/16" got a hold of some from a buddy in San Diego, but already made this and it's working well, so I'm saving it for later, will be heading to Utah this weekend to destroy it.

[​IMG]
  9. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    That looks great! I bolted the Nav tower on the 690 last night, getting ready to beat on it soon.....

[​IMG]

Made some improvements to the 690 for Mexico....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:clap
  10. Gros Buck

Gros Buck Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer:
    I certainly prefer when the light turns with the steering ... Hope you`ll enjoy your demolition derby this week end ...

Paul Jr 8
  11. kenaroo

kenaroo I am because i ride

Oddometer:
    Me Likey.. what I could do with a cnc router!!!

12. jesusgatos

jesusgatos fishing with dynamite

Oddometer:
    Rode my 450XCW 550 miles yesterday, from Bend, OR back down to the bay area and thought you guys might like to see a few pics of the super-stylish fairing that Robo-Boogie whipped-up for me. Evidently he had done something like this before when he rode his bike out to a moto race somewhere.

"First", he says... "we need a bucket". So we went over to OSH and guess who got a bucket full of gloves for $1?

[​IMG]

Then Robo got to work, cutting and fitting.

[​IMG]

Obviously, the results speak for themselves (note the gloves).

[​IMG]

In all seriousness, I've been doing a lot of long-errr-ish road-riding on this bike and even a crappy temporary fairing like this literally transforms it. Was super comfortable. Felt like I could have ridden all the way to San Diego without stopping. Gotta get at Rally Moto Kit!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    Is that bear fcuking that salmon?

Ugly, ugly fairing.

:clap
  14. StepOnIt

StepOnIt Assitoner

Oddometer:
    Nope the bear is pissed off because it was a salmon and not a sucker :rofl
  15. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    Here is where I am at the moment ...

The race is next Saturday so time is limited to do any more serious design/manufacturing....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice the choke cable ... Too short :cry:huh

[​IMG]

Touratech roadbook with extra lighting ...

[​IMG]

And for those special moments ... :evil

[​IMG]

Before the night race simulation yesterday ... :freaky

[​IMG]

The only downside the LEds on the cockpit. THey blind me and I cannot see the road. There is a limit to how much light there can be on the cockpit. So I will take them all off and replace the Toggles with toggles with LEDs which are more than fine at night. :deal

The NavTower is pretty solid, I will upload more pics of the new fairing as well later today, but I think it needs rubber washers everywhere to dampen out the effect that they will have on the aluminium itself. I think it will crack but that it is something i will find out I guess :D

the pic below is something that I want to investigate... I hope it manages the race ... :freaky

[​IMG]

Any thoughts welcome...
  16. Pete640

Pete640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    How many kms since your last oil change?

Towers looking great. Well done!!
  17. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    35οο Pete, The engine had a major rebuild before 7ooo kms. Engine bearings, camshaft, conrod, piston, piston rings... The lot ...

I think it may be the gearshaft bearing but that needs the engine to be stripped down which I am not willing to do now. Well... I am, but my pocket disagrees :evil .... :cry
  18. Pete640

Pete640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd just change the oil/filters and not worry about it. Was the last change the same?
  19. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    I was not present at previous oil changes as I was leaving the bike to my mechanic. No one had told me anything before, but people here suck big time... Now I will start servicing the bike myself, at least the easy things so I will monitor this thing... Either way I will check after the race and see what comes up...

Question for the NavTower. Anybody has a good source for rubber washers ? :huh
  20. divaha

divaha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A great and above all very simple bracket;
    [​IMG]

But after 3 rallies and almost 10.000 offroad kilometers the small screws at the back plate broke and I had to tie-rip it to the finish.
    [​IMG]

Besides that I will never leave this system. Just 30 minutes to build it up and 5 to get it off the bike.