South Alabama Tag-O-Rama (including NW Florida)

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by KawDlr, Feb 21, 2009.

1. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    OK... Here we go boys and girls... I specifically mention girls because my wife was the brains behind me figuring out that the first tag was in Abbeville and from what Jody told me another woman that stopped by his shop told him where it was too but I beat her husband to the picture... :evil :D :evil

Anyway.... Anyone good with google, google earth, and willing to put in some handlebar time will probably have this within a day or two. Here is your clue....

In an area steaming with history, this tag is not far from the 1800's area known to locals as Falls of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:placeName w:st="on">Gissendanner</st1:placeName> . With a bit of research you could discover that it lies between the tag I recently discovered, and the oldest continuously existing town in southeast <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Alabama</st1:place></st1:State>. Between 1822 and 1833, this town south of my tag was the county seat of the largest county in Alabama, which then comprised portions of present-day Covington, Dale, Barbour, Coffee, Crenshaw, Bullock, Geneva, and Houston counties. Abbie, Omussee, and <st1:place w:st="on">Chattahoochee</st1:place> form the life of this area and brought locals to this thriving but nearly deserted town near my tag. This tag exists as part old roads still of dirt, but easily passable, to a point at which you will discover the tag. It is a point at which you can shoot from either side, but only one from the intersection where shot #3 was comprised.

I rate the unpaved road on the Jody scale of difficulty as a #2 which is maintained gravel road.

Tag #2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Intersection
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>$bob$</o:p>
  2. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow!!! No questions? No comments? No interest?

Hey... It's really not that hard.

Do I need to give more clues or what?

$bob$
  3. kewlbyme

kewlbyme Occasional Partaker

Oddometer:
    I know where it is, but I am in N GA.

I am from Geneva County. Lived in Abbeville for a year once. Lots of kin in the wiregrass.

Also, Google is my friend. :wink:

I can't get there from here, though. I am sure that someone is headed that way now.

Good Tag!
  4. KawDlr

KawDlr Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer:
    HELLO KEWLBYME, glad your lurking here! Welcome back to the wiregrass(so to speak)!

I know where it is,:evil but I thought that I'd let others jump in and grab it, to add a bit of dimension to this game.
    Found out Some of our potential players are somewhere near ANF this week and I surely thought that they would have jumped up and went after this one, considering their work schedule:D !

If no one has grabbed this by Sunday night, I may have to rocket over and grab it on Monday!

5. KawDlr

KawDlr Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer:
    Chatter abounds. I feel like this will get snapped up this weekend.
  6. JetWrench

JetWrench jetwrench

Oddometer:
    If someone does'nt get this tag soon, I'll get it when I get back from Daytona.
  7. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's almost been a week... I'm really surprized that nobody has grabbed this easy one yet. :eek1

Does anyone need more clues or has bike week messed us up? :ear

I'm wanting to grab the next one and bring it down to the Florida counties where the riders are more active and will get it faster. You Alabama riders are too lazy... :lol3 :D :lol3

$bob$
  8. KawDlr

KawDlr Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer:

Welcome to the tag JetWrench! I was planning on grabbing this one on Monday, but it appears that work has jumped up and got in the way again.

I have created flyers, and post cards to be strewn around town to peak interest. It will pick up when everyone decides the weather suits them. We don't have hard core riders involved yet, but they will come once they know.:D

Here is a copy of the post card that will start poping up around town.....
    [​IMG]
  9. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great job on the Flyer Jody!!! :clap

You're gonna drum up some serious competition if you ain't careful! I'd better make sure my bikes are gassed up and ready to go at a moment's notice! :deal

This is gettin' downright interesting!:evil

$bob$
  10. catang5oh

catang5oh Blithering Idiot

Oddometer:
    nice flyer, might have to try and head south to grab a couple of tags
  11. Dan Stark

Dan Stark You can't be serious.

Oddometer:
    I'm all over this one. I'm either gonna get it before work tomorrow morning or right after work. Hopefully no one is on thier way out tonight to get it. :evil
  12. JetWrench

JetWrench jetwrench

Oddometer:
    :puke1 Will this tag be gone by Saturday???:wink:
  13. KawDlr

KawDlr Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer:
    catang5oh Thanks for the nice words on the flyer:D , and hope that you will be down our way soon tagging.

Everyday welcome to the tag!:clap

Jetwrench, you may have to get to googling, it sounds like Everyday might just grab that tag prior to your return.

I was hoping this would catch momentum. I have been spreading flyers around town on Monday instead of heading out to grab this tag:evil . Placed flyers in Photorama camera store, our shop, Atlanta bread company community board, and others. I still have a lot of work to do spreading the word. If you live in the area or want a flyer to place somewhere in your town, PM me and I will put them in the mail to you. I'm waiting on my print service to get their machine repaired to print the postcards. When those are avail, I will get those to you as well. Nothing like promoting the sport.
  14. Dan Stark

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the welcome, Jody. Nice work on the flyer. This has been fun already and I haven't even gotten to the tag yet.:lol3
  15. KawDlr

KawDlr Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer:
    LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR PHOTO POSTING, TODAY I PRESUME!:evil
  16. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    If y'all don't get my tag by Sunday afternoon I'm gonna move it to Florida where I can get some more "action"... :deal

The Pensacola, Panama City and Tallahassee guys ride a LOT and you'd have a hard time beating them to the punch and taking your tag back home to Ole Alabam'. :eek1

In the beginning I figured us Florida Crackers'd have a lot of competition from Alabama riders but so far all I've seen is lip service... :D :lol3 :D

If y'all don't get to crackin' I'll put the next one on the Gulf coast and REALLY make you go for a ride to get it. Of course that might not be half bad 'cuz the seafood is PRIME right now. :clap

Does anyone remember the old game "capture the flag"? Well.... Nuff said.... :evil

$bob$ the Florida ADV Tagger
    ZachM1 likes this.
  17. FireballR

FireballR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can't believe it has sat there this long. :confused Some one go get it!!
  18. Dan Stark

Oddometer:
    :D I'm leaving right now. Post pics tonight.
  19. LDHunter

LDHunter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hoo Yah!!! We have a rider boys and girls!!! :clap

I hope he has his tag all set up... I'll be ready to ride Friday!!!:deal

$bob$
  20. KawDlr

KawDlr Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer:
    :lurk GREAT EVERYDAY! Looking forward to your tag, if it is within the 36 hour rule, that means between tonight and sometime Friday morning your placed tag should be in play!:evil

That my friend MR LDHunter is GAME ON! How fast did you say that Wee Strom is??????:D