The All New LIQUID COOLED R1200GS threadfest

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Dorsicano, Feb 3, 2011.

1. NLS

NLS My bike needs washing...

Oddometer:
    Why what is wrong with my non-DOHC 2007?
    First with non-servo brakes and ASC but before the facelift.

(ok those threads are really weird when no real new info is out for the topic)
  2. oalvarez

oalvarez Resident Raggamuffin Supporter

Oddometer:
    i don't think anyone is making it out to be a "big issue" but rather one that concerns them, and in other cases, some find no problem with it whatsoever. if some don't feel like paying $20k for the bike in the next few weeks then so be it, the same goes for those who still do.

no one is telling you or anyone else not to purchase the bike upon its release. whatever suits each individual best is all that really matters. :deal
  3. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I personally wouldn't listen to them either way, as its a decision that only the purchaser can make. And I have. The bike is being delivered in week 11, and I can't wait:D
  4. 268

268 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pre-sales must be going really well here in EU. heard the local dealer mention today to a wannabe :lol3 LC'er that if he ordered one today, delivery probably will be somewhere in September :eek1.
  5. NLS

Oddometer:
    Well just a few German products. After all I am sure BMW factories are full of emigrants.
    That said, many of us will buy second hand and second hand is not money to BMW.
    This was also the case with current model. I am sure that more than half (or more than 2/3rds actually) must have been bought second hand (imported second hand). Nice feeling to know that I paid 18k for a bike that that other pretender in the traffic lights, bought for 8k...

My two BMWs were both bought new, but life changes. We'll see.

BTW, I am not fond of the term you used although I am very well aware it is being used.
  6. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
    I just deleted my stupid post, now you guys can delete yours...

Germany benefits from Europe and we manged our re-unification so we better make Europe work as well.
    Of course I smiled when I heard rumors of the Acropolis being re-branded into a BMW show-room but it's too serious to be funny considering what it does to the people, so I'm sorry.
  7. IB1

IB1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Then they must have sold big time at the motor show. My dealer informed me when I went to the show (on the monday) that deliveries were already at mid april. Perhaps it is dealer related. Well, I am glad to hear that I made the right choise and made an early order.
  8. NLS

Oddometer:
    No need to edit, it is good enough that you realized what you realized.
    As for the Acropolis joke... I always appreciate good jokes.
    We all (should) know what Acropolis stands for the western civilization.
    It has stood there for 2500 years, surviving wars, bombing etc.
    I am sure a joke won't shade it worse than the smog.

The bad thing? The smog we have nowadays in Athens is NOT by car pollution. It is because of oil prices and the crisis, many many people reverted to using fireplaces... and burning wood that shouldn't burn (like old furniture). This gave rise to dangerous pollutants in the atmosphere. I am sure THIS helps Germany stabilize Europe.
    Or the 2+ daily suicides (which for a 10m country, is a rather large score).
    I won't go into deeper details. Bear in mind only that people that still have work (esp. those outside the corrupted civil services), work for 10+ work hours daily. (because we also have the "lazy" tag)

Anyway, this is a BMW R1200GS 2013 thread ain't it? Anybody has news about it?
    Because when we don't have news we tend to go off topic.
  9. Jltrd

Jltrd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What I find amusing are all the "I'm 100% interested" who are now "concerned" or "not so sure anymore" because of the "possible head shake issue". I think it's great for BMW (who obviously knew about the "problem" because they have been testing the bike for 5 years) getting the information out there (by having Moto journalist test the bike) so that you can decide if this is the right bike for you. Just think how upset you would have been if you were blasting down a dirt road, standing on the pegs, only to find out that your 17-20+ k, 525 lbs, paralever front end dual sport, has a head shake problem under certain specific conditions. Whew, that was a close one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  10. NLS

Oddometer:
    So what bike do you have and for how long you have it?
    Wait just saw in your profile...
    Thing is, your bike (and mine) doesn't do that.
    Go on, try it.
  11. Rauven

Rauven I like the cold...

Oddometer:
    Guys, don't you think it's getting a bit tiresome by now ? This used to be a nice, informative thread, and now it turned into a fullblown flamewar. It's like reading Apple fanboy discussions.

Let's sum it up. In the last several pages the discussion looked like that:
    3 opinions and poins of view:
    1) The bike looks good, I think I'll buy it / I ordered the bike / I will wait for now. We'll see how it actually is. There might be an issue but even if it's there it will probably be fixed.
    2) OMG 11!!!!!11!11! How dare you to say anything bad about BMW you infidel ! I shall go to my altar in the basement, slay a chicken over the pictures of my last 30 years on GS'es while chanting in a low voice 'bmwbmwbmwbmwbmw' and curse you for life.:pope
    3) I don't really care wabout the bike, I ride something different, but it's really amusing to annoy group 2). Hahaha, to much electronics, it will brake, driveshaft failure.... Imma happy little troll.:amazon

Really, aren't you getting bored of that ?:dhorse
  12. Jltrd

Jltrd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sigh, I guess someone who is just kidding needs to sprinkle J/K throughout their post so that people know they are just kidding. Just trying to lighten the mood.

My point is, do your research and pick what best fits your needs. That's it, not trying to discount anyone's opinion.

13. EJ_92606

EJ_92606 Rider

Oddometer:
    You really find it amusing? Seriously?
  14. NLS

Oddometer:
    Let's not ruin a 324 pages thread.
    We should wait for more information - about whatever relates to 2013 GS.
  15. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Really? You are amused by trolling?

Trolling belongs in the basement. If you have comments that add substance, good or bad, here is fine. Trolling? Not so much!:deal

Jim :brow
  16. Rauven

Rauven I like the cold...

Oddometer:
    I am definitely not amused by it. It was a part of group 3 definition. I would love to see this thread come back to searching and sharing new information about the bike instead of rather pointless pushing around and arguing.
  17. Jltrd

Jltrd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    J/K.... See.... J/K.... What.... J/K.... I.... J/K.... Mean?.... J/K

18. fixinbones

fixinbones Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Second request!!!:lol3
  19. Gros Buck

Gros Buck Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: