Possible New Race Complex in Thornburg VA !

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Barry, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    To all,

Possible new 2 mile road course, 3/8 mile oval, drag strip, kart/supermoto course, and woods trails opening up off I-95 at the Thornburg, Va exit.

The track owner is Steve Britt, he is interested in speaking with as many car and bike trackday and race promotors and organizers as he can to discuss cost and scheduling. He hopes to break ground in early 2013 and be up and running for the 2014 season.

Please pass his name and e-mail on to any event promotors and organizers that you can. I am sending the POC info for same to him, but I'm sure I'm not finding all that is on or near the east coast.

Steve Britt, britt7615@aol.com

FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/DominionRaceway?ref=ts&fref=ts

First Public Meeting:

We will have our first public meeting on December 13th at 6:00pm at the Ramada Inn, 5324 Jefferson Davis Highway, Exit 126 (Route 1), Fredericksburg, VA.
    If you support the Dominion Raceway project I hope you will come support our community discussion. If you are a resident or business owner in Spotsylvania we ask the you be prepared to speak in favor. This is one of three important public meetings. (The next two - are yet to be scheduled.)
    Let's let Spotsylvania County and the Community know that we support the Dominion Raceway project and we want them to approve it!!!!

I'm excited as this complex would be about 30 minutes from my house !!!!

Barry
  2. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is pretty interesting. Somebody might even be able to put together an interesting Northeast/central Atlantic club series. 2 rounds each at Loudon, NJMP, Summit and this new place. Seems pretty close to Danville, but Danville is a couple hours too far... This thing is just south of DC on I 95.
  3. spezjag

spezjag Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    If I remember correctly, that's exit 104 on I-95 in Virginia - just a few miles (<10) north of Kings Dominion and Richmond, and about 25 miles south of Fredericksburg - they could be looking to make that area a real attraction for all sorts of entertainment.
  4. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    Thanks... I have a set of plans for the property and complex at my house. He certainly has a lot on his plate, and he is VERY enthusiastic.

Good info, thanks for posting.

Barry
  6. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    Update: I edited the first post to include the owner's FB page and upcoming county meeting. Anyone that supports the building of this complex should attend the public meetings. 3 are scheduled. This is the first.

Barry
  7. wizz-o

wizz-o Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pretty exciting news for the region. Hope it works out. Too bad I am getting re-stationed elsewhere.
  8. DanAllen

DanAllen ha-HAA

Oddometer:
    This would be awesome! VIR is just too far away from me to be fun (4 hours) Thornburg is about 1.5 hours.