NCAA Wrestling Tourney!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Powershouse, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Powershouse

Powershouse Flower Sniffer

Oddometer:
    March MATness baby! :clap

All of the work has been done, and now the cream of the crop are gathered in Des Moines for the national tourney. From Matt McDonough to Tony Nelson there are ten returning champs. We've got the Pennsylvania Super Freak, Ed Ruth himself, looking to cap a perfect season with a second championship - whoa onto him who drops his head against Ed for he will smite thee with a cradle. Jordan Oliver would argue that he is the toughest pound-for-pound and he is hoping not to get his heart broken in the finals again this year. Don't forget the Gorilla Killa, Kilgore from Kent State who is sporting a shiny 39-0 record after an Olympic redshirt year. Dylan Ness - the single most exciting wrestler in the NCAA will be bringing fans to their feet at 149. Of course everyone will be looking forward to what will be the final match of the tournament, and I'll call it here:

DAKE BEATS TAYLOR!
    :deal
  2. Stinez

Stinez Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer:
    Will any of it be televised? :dunno

Opps Never Mind I found it:

Television: Sessions 1, 2, 3 on ESPN3 (internet), Sessions 3, 4, 5 on ESPNU, Session 5 on ESPN. :clap

Saturday, March 23
    Session 5 (Consolation Semifinals, Medal Rounds 3rd-8th): 10:00 am, ESPNU
    Session 6 (Championship Finals): 7:00 pm, ESPN
  3. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    some good matches tonight...
  4. RhinoVonHawkrider

RhinoVonHawkrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    As a bad wrestler from a NJ HS (I started too late), I love the sport:clap

And with living in the Lehigh Valley, for the last 8 yrs & a Lehigh U season ticket holder.

I say Pennsylvania Stand UP:freaky:clap

Pa has been a hotbed for a long time.

Now NCAA - I saw Oliver wrestle in HS, a machine - a man amongst boys.

(Pa has some current crop of HS wrestlers that are just as good, if not better, hello Chance Marsteller, Cody Wiercioch, Thomas Haines)

But I watch the NCAA every year.

Dake v. Taylor is going to be good. I'm saying DT, they have wrestled close every time & from the words of DT last night - this will be a high scoring match...its tough to beat the same guy all the time. Good wrestlers make adjustments.

McDonough getting knocked out & Gelolav? OSU, slipping & Nelson hammering him until the end.

And yes Ruth is a freak

We are Penn State - 3 in a row:clap Congrats to them.

Lastly, Go Hamlin
  5. sloMark

sloMark Long timer

Oddometer:
    In....... Been watching
  6. gazoo

gazoo Wandering

Oddometer:
    WE ARE!!!

[​IMG]

And congrats to Dake for a job well done!
  7. patmo

patmo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Extremely deep talent in many weight classes this year. Cograts to all the qualifiers. It is such a meat grinder just to qualify, then to get through all the rounds to make it to All-American status, let alone to be a national championship contender....wow! These guys don't get the press coverage or recognition of those players of the some other sports, but IMO they are the best pound for pound athletes in college today.
  8. RhinoVonHawkrider

RhinoVonHawkrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Agree

No other sport is like wrestling.

And NCAA wrestling is the most difficult. What other college sport do U have to cut weight, while taking on all the rigors of classes, etc.

College for 99.5% of students is class, beer, sex, eating junk food, road trips to friends colleges & Spring Break, usually not in that order.

Jeez I want to go back to college now:clap:freaky
  9. Stinez

Stinez Rhymes with Heinz :D

Oddometer:
    I haven't had time to watch all of the finals (Through to 125# and the amazing flexibility the kid from Penn St. showed with the cradle position he found himself in. :lol3) but so far it's been WAY entertaining. :clap