Rekluse Auto Clutch for F800GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by toro618, Apr 18, 2012.

1. MitchG

MitchG Iron Collector

Oddometer:
    Remember, it's a centrifugal clutch. When you lock the rear brake it pulls down engine rpm. As the engine rpms drop, the clutch releases at slightly above idle speed. So the clutch is disengaged at idle. Hence, the engine cannot stall as the clutch is fully disengaged.

Rekluse Lover
  2. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:

I have a few miles of racing under my belt with Rekluse on my other bikes, and I can guarantee that regardless of how well the injectors are maped or how perfect the carb is jetted there will be instances where the motor will stall and where feathering the clutch a little will be necessary. Having said that, I too am a big believer in Rekluse...after all I started this thread for exactly this reason of getting enough interest to make Rekluse an option.
  3. BMW_BIKER_KEITH

BMW_BIKER_KEITH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So are they commercial with a clutch for the F800?
    any idea on installation difficulty?
  4. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    No still prototyping
  5. ducpilot

ducpilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't they know we are chomping at the bit here!!
  6. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are we there yet?

I took the big girl off road with the new forks, and I was so excited I could hardly contain myself.

Add a Rekluse clutch and I'll have so much fun it'll probably get banned.
  7. BMW_BIKER_KEITH

BMW_BIKER_KEITH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BUMP...

Come on Rekluse... it's almost Christrmas!
  8. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3

still doing some testing! I've been nothing but very pleased thus far!!
  9. OlyRider

OlyRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    bump!
  10. Lonster

Lonster Hi Ya....

Oddometer:
    Bike is parked till it warms up a little. Made some minor changes but it needs a little more ride time. Very pleased so far as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  11. Ceri JC

Ceri JC UK GSer

Oddometer:
    I really hope they have one commercially available by the time my current clutch expires. I'd love to try one for my next clutch. Anyone with one on another bike who has done high mileage on one care to chime in with regards longevity?
  12. Heos racer

Heos racer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hallo, apology my bad English. I was over New Years Eve in South-France, hardcore enduro riding, 6 days on my Gasgas 515. Very narrow tracks and steep uphills. The Rekluse is my only solution to handle my bike in such extreme situations. But on the tracks between, mostly on roads, it needs a lot concentration to ride a Rekluse-bike. It needs often to be shiftet. Par example, You go into a sharp corner with 3 Gear in it. No problem without Rekluse, my F 800 GS has enough torque to manage it. With Rekluse, the clutch disengage and You miss motor brake. So You have to shift more often to be not surprised. On the other way, accelerating out of a curve, You must do it equally in correct gear to provide excessively clutch wear out. My Rekluse connects complete at about 3500 rpm (heavy wedge kit, soft springs) I think, even when it connects at 2500 rpm on a bike, which is often used on streets, it needs al lot of concentration. On the other way, I donĀ“t want to get on my F 800 GS in situations (hard tracks) to want a Rekluse. I did not need it in the Northern Sahara.
    Greetings from Germany Thomas

Watchdog in the Pyrenees, let us not over
    [​IMG]
  13. jttele

jttele Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in as soon as they get them on the market. Hope it's sooner rather than later!
  14. nevermind

nevermind know when to fold 'em, know when to run

Oddometer:
    I've had a Rekluse on 3 bikes so far. VERY nice addition to an off-road machine. It really takes clutching off your to-do list. The ability to start off on all surfaces with the exact clutch application needed is priceless. I've tractored my way out of some mud and couldn't believe how easy it was on a 990.

My racing instructors (Kevin Schwantz, Ed Bargey and others) told me to never rely on engine braking when entering a turn. Use the brakes to set your corner speed. Experience bears this out when I've missed down-shifts. Talk about pucker factor!!! Also, I agree you must have the right gear selected as you pick up the throttle on corner exits on any bike for maximum drive and good clutch life.
  15. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    I am pretty sure that you will still need (most of) your original clutch steel plates and fibers. The Rekluse Core EXP assembly with the wedges only replaces a couple of them, same with the Z-Start Pro with the centrifugal balls.
  16. Ceri JC

Ceri JC UK GSer

Oddometer:
    Oh right, it's not a whole "unit" like lots of sportsbike slipper clutches use. Thanks for letting me know. :)
  17. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    correct... the 800gs kit still requires most of the original clutch
  18. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    another 1000 or so miles since my last update.... still no complaints.... everything looks good so far!

pictures are being looked over my rekluse to ensure the EXP is holding up...

rode 50 or so miles today... and HARD miles...gravel hill climbs and fast pavement sliding into the corners..

:freaky
  19. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    What's the skinny on time to market?

Old injuries have flared up. I now have very bad arthritis in my left wrist.

At the rate it's progressing, I may not be riding like I'm used to for much longer.
  20. Lonster

Lonster Hi Ya....

Oddometer:
    Don't know what the marketing time is for Rekluse. Think they are pretty much good to go as soon as testing is done. Still too cold to ride here much for my taste.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2