Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Xcuvator

Xcuvator Justa Venturer

Oddometer:
    Yes. How far are your tubes raised in the clamps?
  2. uska

uska Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the tubes are stock height. so they aren't raised at all..
  3. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Motosportz guards rub too, but very little.
  4. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe not, mine looks like that also but it's not black it's blue. Flushed with the best value in high quality brake fluid you can buy.
    ATE Super Blue

Then next flush switch to their identical formula brake fluid but amber colored TYP200 Amber. Makes flushing so easy and no waste, you know exactly when the old stuff is purged as the color changes. Keep alternating back and forth. Comes in metal cans also to keep out moisture for a longer storage life also.

_
  5. uska

uska Been here awhile

Oddometer:

i'd have to cut about over an inch off of my fender to make ot work
  6. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Could you remount the fender a little more forward?? Just re-drill holes to get the clearance?? Or hear gun and mold plastic a bit?? Motoz just touch, can't even feel it at all. [​IMG]
  7. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Btw uska, nice job on the tail light! Did you know Sicass makes a plug and play unit that's pretty bright ( led ) and really cleans up the back of the bike
  8. kirbybikes

kirbybikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "Does anyone else have this problem with 7602 radiator braces??"

Yes, mine rubbed on the 630. I rounded the offending corner of the braces with a small grinder or could use a file. I also added a couple of washers on the rear bolts of the fender mount. Lots of clearance now.

Kirk
  9. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Looking good! Needs to get dirty. Wait until a bit of a thaw, then hit the level B roads over in the Loess Hills. You will have more mud than you know what to do with!
  10. Taranis

Taranis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't know about 7602, but I did have to trim the fender quite a bit to clear my Bulletproof Designs guards. Not a big deal to me.

Just use masking tape to make a nice, smooth, symmetrical line to trim to. If you're going for perfect, you'll probably have to go back and do it a few times, since the fender is bent by the contact. As the interference reduces, it unbends itself, making more interference.
  11. Flashman1

Flashman1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think he got pissed off when I argued with him on if the the TE610 engine was stronger than a Suz DRZ 400 - I owned both concurrently and rode them both for different rides - my DRZ had the pumper carb and other upgrades.

I KNOW the TE610 kicked the Suz but LB thought not.

I made the mistake of saying that HIS 610 might of been a little sick and he got pissed off.

22,000 miles on my 610 and going strong.
  12. uska

uska Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks... And yeah, I've come across that light but I didn't really like it either... the price is pretty steep for this one but I think its money spent well due to the fact that it fit really nice and how bright it is.

About the fender/radiator problem.. Thanks on the input. I'm going to find out how much the fender is from the new huskies. Maybe I could make it fit and it solve this little problem, plus I really like the way the flatter ones look.

Another thing, while installing the light, I found out my rear fender is off to one side by maybe half a cm. Must've bend the rear sub-frame when I looped the bike. :( :muutt
  13. Xcuvator

Xcuvator Justa Venturer

Oddometer:
    Oh, I remember...
  14. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let us know what other TE fender you go with and some pic of it installed. I like the 449 and 511 fender too and assume that's what you're going with?
  15. uska

uska Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, those are the ones.
  16. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  17. His Pistolship

His Pistolship Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer:
    Hey All,

I just put on an Uptite muffler from George at Uptite Husky. It is pretty and quite effective; the bike runs much cooler now and about 25% faster (seat of the pants measurement). I have already done the resistor/PU upgrade too. This bike rips now, and the muffler is so cool you can almost touch it immediately after a ride. Way to go George.

I am getting my bike ready for the TET S in a few weeks, the portion that circles Georgia. I've got a Giant Loop Great Basin bag for the rear and a Fandango tank bag upfront. I'll be installing a cigarette lighter to run my gps and phone this next week. I can't wait for this trip.

I have a 2008 610 with 2400 miles, and the suspension has just started to break in. This is turning out to be a fantastic bike.
  18. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    The suspension on these bikes is a bit harsh in stock from. I highly suggest you have the suspension set up for your weight and riding style. It's one of the best improvements you can do next to a seat or tuner.
  19. His Pistolship

His Pistolship Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer:
    I weigh 270 lbs; built like a "World's Strongest Man." So the suspension in stock form is quite alright.

I put on a seat concepts seat - huge improvement. Also added an airhawk.

I haven't done a tuner yet but I don't know what it would give me since I have already done the PU mod with a muffler. Please educate me why I should get a tuner for the 610. Will it give me more power?
  20. uska

uska Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I could not believe the 2013 te449 front fender was only $14 from my local bmw dealer. Should get it by end of next week..