1. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    A good union brother had an accident at work and ended up in the water at the port of Los Angeles. Sad day. Work safe everyone, dangers are everywhere.
  2. mr. thumbs

mr. thumbs Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh man, Sorry to hear.
  3. vintagerider

vintagerider Long timer

Oddometer:
    What happened? Sad for your loss.

Here looking for a thread for the 19 fallen who were the Granite Mountain Firefighters of Presott. Anybody who rides the forest has met hot shot crew at one time or another.
  4. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear this.
    Accidents are everywhere. I'm amazed there aren't more deaths on the job considering the risks.
    RIP.
  5. hippiebrian

hippiebrian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sad day indeed. People have no idea just how dangerous long shoring can be...

I work in a refinery. Safety first, always.

Thoughts to his family and friends. :cry
  6. Cannabinoid

Cannabinoid Banned

Oddometer:
    this message is self destructing...
  7. azredline

azredline Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think this is a sh$tty thing to say anytime, but especially two days after 19 fire fighters lost their lives trying to protect other peoples property from wildfire in AZ.

PS, if your property or worse is ever threatened by fire, I hope you have a fisherman, logger, pilot, steel worker and farmer nearby to save you.
  8. BELSTAFF

BELSTAFF ADV NOMAD

Oddometer:
    heard it said once the most over paid people in public service were Cops, Firemen & EMT s, useless in fact, was this assholes statement, he did however have a follow up to his statement.

" Until they show up and save your worthless sorry ass, then there is no amount of money that can repay their services"

Personally I would add the UNITED STATES MILITARY to the list of " can never repay for their services" and I would add to the

most useless POS on the planet any politician at any level.
  9. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    Here is his truck getting pulled out of the water last night. The trailer is basically made of solid steel ibeams. Really no chance, straight to the bottom 60 feet.

[​IMG]

It's funny how the news cycles work. First it was the IRS scandal. Then the NSA guy, now these poor firemen get their time. I hate to say it, but why not just let wildfires burn in the wild. It's one thing to take a stand in homes and neighborhoods, but in the wilds? Seems like an unnecessary risk. Feel bad for the wives and especially the small children.
  10. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear brother....
  11. DangerMoney

DangerMoney Loud Helmets Save Lives

Oddometer:
    I lived in Phoenix for 25 years and had been up Yarnell Hill (where the 19 firefighters died) many times. There's an ongoing but rather quiet discussion that unless homes/people are threatened, fires should be allowed to burn. 200 years ago that's what would happen and the fires would clean up the forest litter (dead trees/etc) and thin the forest thus reducing the intensity of subsequent fires.

Now the flammable material just keeps getting deeper because we keep putting out the fires. Thus they are worse... and we've lost 19 lives.
  12. azredline

azredline Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would agree, but in this case, the small towns of Yarnell and Congress are indeed threatened. So far, 50 structures have been burned in Yarnell and another 250 homes are threatened. Both towns are evacuated and there is 0% containment at this time. That is why they were out there, trying to save the town.

I won't further hijack your thread and offer condolences to the family of the worker you originally posted about.
  13. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1
    My condolences to his family.