Nascar 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by RedRocket, Nov 29, 2012.

1. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

That would be a surprise to me. He and Penske seemed to have one of those forever relationships.
  2. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    In an article about the involvement of the #22 team and the cheating scandal there was a statement about Sam. "He (Penske) also says he's yet to make a decision on Sam Hornish Jr's future. Hornish leads the Nationwide Series standings but has no Cup ride for 2014. Penske says he told Hornish to look around at other offers."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...richmond-scandal-front-row-joey-logano-092213

Sounds like Hornish is SOL when it comes to a Cup Ride with Penske next year.
  3. RedRocket

Oddometer:
    I guess that's the problem, Sam feels he's earned his stripes in Nationwide and wants back into Sprint Cup.
  4. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Send him back to open wheel with Montoya!! :clap:clap

What the hell happened to Marty Reid, it was like he had a stroke or something at the end of that Nationwide race, then got fired?
  5. Mr. Ray

Mr. Ray Bastardconquistador Supporter

Oddometer:
    Keep Your eyes peeled next weekend at Charlotte. We'll have a car wrapped in Oskar Blues colors running the Nationwide Series. :clap The Driver will be Landon Cassill. We'll be at the track and if any ADV'ers are there please come by and grab a beer.
  6. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    I had to share this. Thought it was funny.

From the in car audio of the #29 car of Kevin Harvick at the Kansas Race.

Harvick: "We've gotten screwed by smoke and duct tape....discretionary calls."

#29 Spotter: "I'll keep my eye on the interstate in case any wrecks happen out there. Might be the next one."

Harvick: "No kidding"
  7. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    From the Danica interview.

"Oh my goodness, I really don't know what happened out there."

:clap

Dear Danica,

When a car doesn't have down force like an Indy car and you jump off the gas there is this little thing called weight transfer.

So, Stewart isn't really adding a 4th car...he's smart enough to see that when the Danica money runs out that she will be fired and he will be back to a 3 car team.

:lol3
  8. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow,this thread is dying a slow death,just like NASCAR!:deal:wink:
  9. RedRocket

Oddometer:
    I forgot to mention;

Last week they finally let Bad Brad win a race.
    I guess his punishment for being outspoken is almost over.
  10. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    Ha Ha! Is that his excuse this week? :lol3

Did anyone happen to watch the truck race? That finish was epic!!!!!!
  11. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Pretty much the whole forum, all forums really.

Scary empty stands at 'dega. :eek1
  12. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    True Dat!
  13. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Just read in a magazine that they took out 45,000 seats at Daytona since the last race there.:eek1
  14. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:

Was that part of the Master Upgrade Plan? If I recall correctly, they were replacing those areas with huge open spectator areas.

Here, found it: http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Vanity-Pages/2013/Redevelopment.aspx

DAYTONA Rising is a $400 million reimagining of an American icon – Daytona International Speedway. Five expanded and redesigned entrances, or “injectors,” will lead fans to a series of escalators and elevators, transporting them to three different concourse levels. Each level features spacious social areas, or “neighborhoods,” along the nearly mile-long frontstretch. At the conclusion of the redevelopment, Daytona International Speedway will have approximately 101,000 permanent, wider and more comfortable seats, twice as many restrooms and three times as many concession stands. In addition, the Speedway will feature over 60 luxury suites with track side views and a completely revamped hospitality experience for corporate guests. The project is expected to be completed in time for the 2016 Rolex 24 At Daytona and DAYTONA 500.
    Barton Malow is serving as the general contractor for the project. In addition to DAYTONA Rising, Barton Malow has renovated the University of Michigan “Big House” and the Rose Bowl.
    ROSSETTI, an award-winning architectural design and planning firm for the past 40 years, which headed the design for Ford Field NFL Stadium, University of Notre Dame Compton Family Ice Arena and five Major League Soccer Stadiums, is leading the master planning of the DAYTONA Rising site.
    Race fans can follow the progress of the DAYTONA Rising project by visiting www.DAYTONARising.com and connecting with Daytona International Speedway on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
  15. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Yeah, they said there aren't going to be any seats on the back stretch at all. From that article it looks like they're getting rid of over 60,000 seats. Empty grass looks better than empty seats on TV.
  16. PirateJohn

PirateJohn Banned

Oddometer:

Many probably know this, but Daytona and other tracks started painting their seats in random colors so it wasn't so obvious that the grandstand was empty.

NASCAR is getting to be like the Tour de France in that the best viewing is from watching the television. I can't testify on the numbers that NASCAR is getting but The Tour barely has half the viewers they had when all the Euros and gringos came out to watch Lance Armstrong.
  17. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    In the last 2 years,Toledo Speedway installed two giant grandstands purchased from MIS.They look huge at the half mile.:eek1
  18. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    Yaaaawwwwnnnn...Jimmie Johnson wins the title again. :snore
    Nascar needs to drop this chase crap. :deal
    I wonder how many titles Jeff Gordon would have won if Ray Evernham stayed with him? :dunno
  19. DomEOD

DomEOD 'murica

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'm done with Nascar until the chase is scrapped.. which is unlikely :/. Also, the J.J. winning all the time is getting old.
  20. Bappo

Bappo Long timer

Oddometer:
    You mean like Seb Vettel winning all the time, or S. Loeb, or Villopoto, or Carmichael, or Shoemaker, or Rossi, or or ...

Nascar is no different than any other form of motor sport. Sometimes the right combination of car, owner, driver/rider occurs and you get domination. Same is true for probably ever other sport, maybe even more so in some.

I will continue to enjoy most forms of motor sports.