Broncos Country

Discussion in 'Sports' started by spanky, Sep 18, 2009.

1. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    Go Packers, take State! :lol3
  2. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    Any Raider fans out there? :ear
  3. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
    The Raiders wins were a last play FG v. Pittsburgh, a kicker's duel v. Jacksonville, and a 10 point W in KC. They haven't been close in all but two of the nine losses. Raider fans should wear two eye patches tonight.
  4. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    Gabbert had a far better QB rating in that game than Carson Palmer and he's since been benched. Go figure. :dunno
  5. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    Raiders by 10
  6. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    Go back to playing with your Fran Tarkenton doll.
  7. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    Watched some of the talking heads last night and they're all agog over PM and the Broncos. Not me. Yep, they're good but too inconsistant offensively to be able to win on the road against a quality opponent.

Some caveats: They were missing key players on the O-line and linebacking corps. They [still] tend to play down to the level of their competition. In their defense they were playing on the road against a hated rival who had ample motivation to spoil the Broncos' record.

I marvel at how much talent the Raiders have on their team yet they remain a group of fuckups. Stupid penalties. Players out of position. Always underachieving.

Ten years since a playoff appearance and that was a SB butt whipping of epic proportions.

PM still throws stupid INT's.

But he also has lots of 300+ yard games.

And can throw the ball through the eye of a needle when he has to.

I think they'll need these extra days off in advance of a big game with the Ravens, a team the Broncos rarely do well against.

So, anayway, during last night's broadcast they kept showing images of Al Davis. This got me to thinking about him and what must be going through his dead mind as he watched the game someplace in hell. I'm thinking his version of hell is eternity in a small, orange-colored room with lots of photos of John Boy, Mike Shanahan, et al, on the walls. :lol3
  8. WaterWheel

WaterWheel Multi Talentless

Oddometer:
    Stay classy, Spank.
  9. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I guess my real feelings came out. Anyway, seems to me that I've seen some pretty interesting and similar discourse between some GB and Vikings fans.....
  10. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    Yeah, but Vikings fans know their team sucks, with spurts of almost. Raiders fans have not come to that realization about their existing team.
  11. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    lets not confuse telling a minnesoda fan "hell will freeze over, before you losers win a super bowl"
    with

"I see your old owner burning in hell..."

speaking of hell do they still have a sign up
    "future home of super bowl 32 victor's souls"
  12. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    Oh stop with the self righteous indignation. Like you really give a shit about Al Davis...:rolleyes
  13. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    without al davis you wouldn't have football in denver
    I might not like the bears but I respect G. Hallas and what he did for football
  14. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:

:nod, Didn't "like" Al Davis, but have to say I respect the hell out of him and what he did for Professional Football. He was key in developing the AFL. Key in developing the Raiders to a team good enough to hate. Multiple decades of good to very good football. Unfortunately his final chapters weren't up to his earlier work.

But, yes, I respect Al Davis very much.
  15. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
    I hope that is by design. Film study is everything in each week's preperation. Every player on every play is watched over and over by all future opponents. Its best to keep your cards close to your chest so-to-speak.
  16. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    How many Raiders fans do you know? Hang out in a lot of Raiders forums?

Trust me. Raiders fans know our team sucks. However, we have faith in the future. We have a good GM. We have a young coach that is still developing but has shown some real skill this season.

We also have a significant amount of dead cap space this year that kept them from building any depth. That creates problems whenever there is any injury. There have been a lot of injuries this season and no depth. At all. 2013 has additional huge salary commitments. The Raiders are clearing cap space for their coming out party in 2014. The forums I am on all seem to acknowledge this. Of course there are the blind morons but every team has those. I mean, just look at Vanderbilt fans in the SEC. They actually think they are part of the SEC.

Don't get all snooty. The Broncos are a Manning post season overthink and a Von Miller injury away from being the Cleveland Browns.
  17. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  18. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:

That would be like partying in a mausoleum.
  19. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    I don't want to know about your sex life.
  20. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    :clap

A nice solid total team victory. :thumb