Rossi Boots are great!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by buckscreek, Jun 12, 2013.

1. buckscreek

buckscreek AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer:
    I've got a pair of Rossi Vision 811 boots which I've had for about 5 years. They suit my needs are very comfortable (have the same sole as standard Rossi workboots) and reasonably waterproof. Pretty much road oriented bbots but as I say they suit my needs. On the Scrapheap Adventure Ride at Easter, the soft rubber cushion material between the actual sole and the inner sole began distintegrating and the soles started to part ways with the boots. Duct tape held them together till I got home.

Long story short, I rang Rossi in S.A to see if they could replace the soles; they said "sure we can put new soles on them, we might even do it under warranty" so I sent the boots away. Lo and behold they arrived back yesterday with new soles fitted and an invoice for $0.00!!:clap

So, a shameless plug for an Australian made product and good old fashioned customer service.
    Pezz_gs and LivingdeadCamo like this.
  2. gunnabuild1

gunnabuild1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've had a pair for over 25 years, soles came off on a 900k trip where it rained the whole day.I figured I'd got my moneys worth and bought another pair of boots,hmm there still in a cupboard somewhere......
  3. OzJuJu

OzJuJu Team Barracuda

Oddometer:
    Great boots if you have narrow feet, I dont so Blunnies are the boot for me.
  4. gavo

gavo Slacker

Oddometer:
    I don't know about that I wear rossi's 5 days a week and some weekends and my feet are wide enough to be classed as flippers:lol3
    zuma and LivingdeadCamo like this.
  5. Scaredofthedirt

Scaredofthedirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    into their 22 year :clap

[​IMG]

It was a sad day when Rossi stopped making them...:cry
  6. saintell

saintell Monarchs #30

Oddometer:
    Hi there what are the contact details for Rossi please,I have a pair that need some TLC,cheers Nev
  7. mudmonster

mudmonster Long timer

Oddometer:
    I remember with fondness my old Rossi motocross boots I had 35 years ago get home from racing wash em off put a bit of dubbin on them good as new ,I must of had them for 15 years or so !
  8. buckscreek

buckscreek AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer:
    ph: (08) 83527844
    email: rossi (at) rossiboots.com.au
  9. noelm

noelm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1
  10. itsgunnahurt

itsgunnahurt Gravity Enhanced!

Oddometer:
    Have Rossi stopped making motorcycle boots?
    Nothing on their webpage
    Wodger63 likes this.
  11. FLICKIT

FLICKIT Long timer

Oddometer:
    itsgunnahurt likes this.
  12. LivingdeadCamo

LivingdeadCamo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Never bought their bike boots but done plenty of work in the pull on variety.
  13. zuma

zuma Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bloody hell! Rossi have stopped making motorcycle boots? Bad news, I might have to go down to my local bike shop and see if they've still got any in my size and stock up.

Love my Rossi boots. I've currently got two pair of their hiking boots, (one pair which I have had resoled by the maker) my motorcycle boots, and my wife has a pair of their short motorcycle boots. I was concerned last time I looked on their site to see there is now very little in the way of hiking boots in the range, now seemingly no motorcycle boots. Makes you think it could just about be all over for them.

Hard times for Australian footwear companies. I've got a pair of Harold boots (a very old Australian company) workmanship and the quality of the materials is beyond first class. Very expensive, but you get what you pay for, and I bought them on sale which alleviated the financial pain somewhat, I love them dearly and I reckon they'll see me out. But, last time I looked on their site it seems they've up and moved to Vietnam.
  14. Gazmysta

Gazmysta Traveller

Oddometer:
    I have a pair of Rossi 814's. Got 'em off fleabay for 100 skins hardly used. Before I bought 'em I checked a local shop in my area that stocked them and they wanted 295, so I think I scored. They're a great fit, easy to wear and walk in and very hardy. Be a shame if they've folded. Great Aussie product.
  15. rossguzzi

rossguzzi Started on Montesa.

Oddometer:
    Been wearing Rossi slip ons for years. (30?)
    Just got another pair last week. Wear em to work and out.
    Could have got cheeper, but these are made in oz. And they are one of the few shoes/boots that dont make my feet HURT !

Sad to hear they are getting out of m/c boots.
  16. vagueout

vagueout Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've had a pair of their bike boots as my winter boots for about 16 years. Another good Australian product gone. Just recently alerted to the fact that Tiger Angel don't do their textile jackets anymore.:hmmmmm
    buckscreek likes this.
  17. gateman

gateman Long timer

Oddometer:
    A few of us talking about bike boots last nigh. All 3 have the same Rossi boots. We did a quick calculation based on time of ownership and k's on bikes and came up about 900,000ks across 8 years over 11 different bikes.
    One small repair.
    Good value and with dubin or bees wax they stay mostly dry in rotten weather.
    buckscreek likes this.