Calgarians that dualsport

Discussion in 'Canada' started by macuser, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    Went for a rip today. Side roads were snowy, mains had very little ice but lots if gravel. So nice to get out and bang through the gears though. [​IMG]
  2. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    May have to switch out the Mefo/Heidenau combo and throw on the 908/Karoo set till summer.
  3. tokenboy

tokenboy Gnirly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A displaced Calgarian got out for a ride the other day. Yes, our weather is better...

Part 1

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EdhJqphxpXo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part 2

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nznrgtQYkJE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  4. flossandfly

flossandfly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The first one is on a motorcycle, the last 3 are on a quad.

Here is a link to a map of the passes and below are videos to see what the trails look like.
    http://www.elkfordtrails.com/files/m...ordATV2010.pdf
    Don't know the guys who posted them but thank sasktank and seabguy for posting them.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/myQ-Z-Z5vjM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LiV5ubKx3lM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L5hrGZQsocU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Umt_Xr9Rdjs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  5. flossandfly

flossandfly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was thinking about the "Orange Dragon" when I saw that rocky section. It looks okay but I have seen pictures of hills I climbed that looked much easier on the picture. (maybe looks less steep since you are looking upward when you take it. )

It looks like a fun ride. It would be worth trying it out later in the summer. Maybe Dutch Creek earlier in the season?

Good idea to get in better shape before riding season. I plan to as well... but we all know how plans sometimes go.

I am not great at mechanical work but I try to be useful to other riders by being able to lift heavey stuff.
  6. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. dieselpete

dieselpete Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I rode the Atlas Creek Road in early September. The bridges were still there, however the lack of maintence is evident.
  8. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    Riding to the show Saturday. Anyone else? I'm going for 10 am opening.
  9. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    Yeah they are here too but I can't stay off my bike! Haha. Parkland is loose deep snow or rutted hard pack. Came home through there a couple days ago and it required attention!
  10. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    Got this today. AGV AX-8 and an Icon Variant on order too. Can't wait to ride em and compare. Can't have too many lids!
    [​IMG]
  11. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    Icon lid came in! Rode the AGV on Deerfoot to the show. Rode this one today after work. Love em both. AGV is really light and the Icon is better at high speed. Be nice to spend some time in them each. I suspect the AGV will be the choice offroad. Great visibility and lightweight are a great combo![​IMG]
  12. desmodab

desmodab Oversized Canuck

Oddometer:
    I love the look of that icon... the curved shield looks great. How are they for noise? I am thinking of retiring my XD-3 to fins something quieter on the highway.

DD
  13. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    It's not quiet but it's not loud either. Chin air dam helps. It is however very stable at high speed. I took it up to 180 and it was great. Probably use it as my everything helmet and the AGV as my offroad helmet.
  14. Bones Over Metal

Bones Over Metal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love my Icon Variant.
    Not really designed as a DS lid, and was born really for street riding.
    It has great visibility and one of the best vented (cool) helmets owned. Travelling on the highway requires the removable chin guard thingy, which just stops the buffeting and just quiets the whole thing down for long trips.
    Well worth the money for a shiny tinted visor too, adds to the bad a$$ look.

I was really impressed with the build quality and materials used.
    I'd buy another one in a heart beat!
  15. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    Looks good with the KTM decals on too![​IMG]
  16. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    Just got to work on the bike. A little chilly but roads were icier than I expected. Should be a beauty ride home tonight though!
  17. Beamerpilot

Beamerpilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got to Edmonton at the same time this AM on four wheels; I wouldn't try it here on two, they don't know what a plow is, not to mention their driving habits...
  18. RED05

RED05 @motomedic_rob

Oddometer:
    Any one up for Hwy 40 ride at 1130 today? all on road. Hwy should be dry to fortress.
  19. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    L
  20. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    Love to but gotta work. Enjoy it!