950 Super Enduro "Quick Question(s)" Thread...

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by WARRIORPRINCEJJ, Jun 20, 2010.

1. mookymoo

mookymoo Mookish Mook

Oddometer:
    The Facet should be completely sealed.
    I made extra sure with some sealant around the seams.

(The stocker can easily leak if the grommet on the wiring isnt positioned correctly - and its not trivial to seat properly given the short wiring length - and a tug on the wiring can dislodge it)
  2. pepetrueba

pepetrueba PEPEBAJA

Oddometer:
    I apologize, did a search but could not find it. just purchased a replacement 2009 950SE with akras with db inserts on and all smog crap on bike.
    I had my first taste of hydraloc while unloading bike from truck, bike tipped over to its left when ramp slid under me , leaving me holding the bike balanced between the side of the bed and what was left of the ramp holding the bike from falling to the floor for more than 40 minutes till a friend arrived and helped me lift and unload the bike. Talk about a closed one, my back, my arms are still sore for saving the bike from doing damage to either truck or bike. Not a scratch on the bike and no damage to toyota tacoma.
    When bike tipped over, the bike filled its cylinders with gas since i had not closed the petcocks so experience was starter locked up. rocking bike in 6th gear backwards finally allowed bike to sputter and start.
    SO as priority one now that i already installed the kickstand relocator is to remove the smog emissions.
    Funny on my previous 950SE had all emmisions removed by previous owner, so i did not pay attention on how the vent lines where routed.

SO it is actually pictures of the vent lines and how they are routed and if you install a one way vent or leave them "open"
    is front hose 11" and rear 10"
    I also ordered 3 ktm swingarm caps to cover the three holes left when removing the breather hoses from the airbox per a fellow adv'er stating the fit fine on holes and i dont want the " epoxy look"

Feels fine to have an addiction of orange crush
  3. Boatman

Boatman Membership has it's privileges ;-) Supporter

Oddometer:

Any chance this bike has a Mikuni vacuum (pulse) pump??? If yes,,, then not turning of the fuel petcock would most likely cause the hydrolock.

The vent lines coming off the carbs just need to exit down through the bottom of the airbox. There are 2 on each carb,,,, one on each carb gets plugged and the other is as I said.
  4. pepetrueba

pepetrueba PEPEBAJA

Oddometer:
    :(
    Nope bike is bone stock, except for the Akra pipes. A little over 4k on the odometer.
    Bike was laying on its left side with headsheel rasting on the tacoma's left side of the and i was holding dearly so handlebar would not dent/scratch outside of bed and with right foot held the ramp from completely sliding put od truck.
    It reminded me of the "TWISTER game" where you strech to the max on an ackward position.
    i did open the aluminum drain bolt on the house on bottom right side of engine and put bike on 6th gear and rocked back till it spilled its gas on the floor.
    I did order the dr bean kit for the fule pump bcause on my previous Se before 4k miles, the points where shot.
  5. mountain eagle

mountain eagle terrorist

Oddometer:
    My facet is now above the air intake so if it gets wet I'm screwed anyways.......
  6. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1
  7. pepetrueba

pepetrueba PEPEBAJA

Oddometer:
    gents. any pictires of the carb vent floats hoses for the super enduro?
    i checked the forum and they show 950 adventure 950 sm , how about the 950 enduro once you remove the epc and sas.

I ordered the sas block off plates. where do you get the plugs for the carburetor and rear airbox?
    divaha's method looks like its the easiest but the pictures how he routed the breather are not show. again fron hose has to be 11" and rear 10" and why such lenght if both hoses are capped and zip tied to frame per divaha.com?
    thsnks again all mighty orange forum:norton
  8. Monterey_BS

Monterey_BS On or Off - not sure Supporter

Oddometer:
    1) All of your questions can probably be answered through a review of KTM950.info - the all famous Orange Crush Hall of Wisdom. Drill into the carburettor & jetting or canisterectomy pages for this topic.
    2) Go to a parts house and ask for hose plugs or caps. You'll find whatever selection you need there.
    3) The vents remain open. (top front left on front carb and top rear right on the rear carb.) They are still vents. Do not cap them. Just feed them through to the space between the cylinders and forget about them.
  9. pepetrueba

pepetrueba PEPEBAJA

Oddometer:
    Bob:
    how come i see pictures of capped hoses for syncrhonization (where are these from? )
  10. Monterey_BS

Oddometer:
    I'm not clear what you are asking. If you post a picture or a link, I'm sure one of us will be able to do so.
  11. ICERIDER

ICERIDER Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    Those capped hoses are vacuum hoses from the right hand side of each intake. When I get around to doing mine I'm going to stick a bolt in each pipe and ziptye or clamp instead of caps. The vacuum pipes off the left of the intakes get removed and sealed with bolts.
  12. pepetrueba

pepetrueba PEPEBAJA

Oddometer:
    GENTS
    Received a phone call from Long Beach dealership were I bought the used 950SE stating dmv had "rejected registration of motorcycle to my name" due to some emmisions recall.
    I called a san diego ktm dealer and they stated some sticker that has to be replaced on frame.
    I have not removed the sas or epc YET, but bike has akras so no catalytics are on bike.
    Will I require emmision check from dmv or is it future crap for california to start smogging bikes???
    Years ago they tagged me on a ram turbo diesel that was chipped and no catalytic forcing me to sell truck out of state.:eek1
  13. DangerMoney

DangerMoney Loud Helmets Save Lives

Oddometer:
    I moved to CA three years ago with three bikes including a 950SE with FMFs on it. One bike had factory muffler but all other emissions stuff removed. On all three bikes they just wanted to see the factory emissions sticker. No emissions test was required... and still isn't to my knowledge.
  14. pepetrueba

pepetrueba PEPEBAJA

Oddometer:
    Danger. M
    Thanks for heads up.
    Noticed you're in Escondido. Do you ever rider wuth Afry and Todd.
    Afry lives in Ramona with his nicely setup SE and Todd is riding my ex 950SE.
    Hope to tag with you guys once I try to finish setting up mine. Also on this forum I believe at least 2 other riders are from san Diego county with SE...
    Pepe
  15. Monterey_BS

Oddometer:
    I've got two '09 KTMs (SE and Duke) here in CA that had the sticker "problem." If memory serves, the only change to the sticker was to add a range to the idle spec: 1400rpm +/-50rpm, or some such. The original stickers indicated a single acceptable value. I asked to be given the stickers to apply, but ultimately had to haul them in to have the "work" done by them. It does seem odd, though, that the DMV caught this. It may be part of the dealer's responsibility to verify that all bulletins have been addressed prior to registering.
    I believe the "no removal" rules apply to 2012 bikes onward which is one reason I've still got a box of parts on the shelf for my '12 690ER.
  16. veetwo _tls

veetwo _tls RENOVATIO:

Oddometer:
  17. ICERIDER

ICERIDER Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    Sorry but looks to me like that's a bling knob for the pre-load adjuster on an Adventure.

Sadly the SE standard rear shock doesn't have that facility, just a threaded collar you have to screw up or down to adjust pre-load.

Any chance of a picture of your rear shock?
  18. veetwo _tls

veetwo _tls RENOVATIO:

Oddometer:
  19. Afry

Afry Why hike?

Oddometer:
    Hey Pepe! Welcome back - what took so long...lol. I am sitting out till Jan with a busted foot rom the Sierra's Adventure Rally. There are two others SE's I know of besides Todd in SD. One in Ramona but he is moving to CO. soon and CID on SDAR bought one a while back. Give me a shout to go ride after the cast is off!
  20. DangerMoney

DangerMoney Loud Helmets Save Lives

Oddometer:

I don't know either of them.