Auxiliary LED Lights - MondoMotos

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by The Toad, Dec 27, 2011.

1. headshrink

headshrink Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After reading through this and other thread,, I finally decided to register here (no more lurking), AND put in my order. Can't wait.
  2. jmardy

jmardy Atheist for a reason

Oddometer:
    So after looking at various possible mounting points, I finally decided on using the frame sliders.
    It was pretty easy to grind a flat spot then mount the brackets.
    I also installed the Skene Designs Intelligent controller referenced earlier.
    The cool thing about the controller is that you can have multiple brightness settings, one for the switch "off" position, one for the switch "on" position and one for high beams active.
    There is also an alert feature that gets invoked when you flash your high beams twice.

Anyway, I'm really impressed with the build quality of the Mondo Motors lights. The whole package is really well thought out. I haven't ridden with them yet, hopefully I don't irritate other drivers, these things get BRIGHT (and a bit glarey to be honest).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Off the frame sliders a pretty cool idea :thumb

Angle them properly and traffic won't be hindered at all.
  4. The Toad

The Toad on the go since...wait. where am I ?

Oddometer:
    Agreed :nod

Thanks for posting up the pics.

-Brian
  5. BrittC

BrittC Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

I was worried about that too but so far while riding in daylight or darkness over the past couple of months, nobody has flashed their lights at me. I do kind of wish there was a horizontal cutoff though - it seems like I'm illuminating things that are a bit high up in front of me (trees, etc). I do have them aimed a bit downwards...
  6. mountainpete

mountainpete Outdoor use only

Oddometer:
    Ordered May 6, arrived today May 17 to Calgary, Canada. Not bad at all ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Typos delivered by me.
  7. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to the pics

Thanks,
    -Brian
  8. flyingjib

flyingjib Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's a couple of pics of the MM 10s mounted on my '06 Wee. The brackets bolted up to the fender mounts on the forks slick as can be:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have yet to try them at night but my buddy says they are definitely visible during the day when he is riding the lead.

Earl
  9. FlyFishJeff

FlyFishJeff Gimme Three Steps

Oddometer:
    It's not quite a year later, and I think my original MM12 (the non-defective, non-replacement, original) is going bad. The bottom row of LEDs are putting out a bluish light (the top row is still bright white), and the bottom row is dimmer.

I understand the MM12s are no longer made. Is my best solution to replace the whole set with MM8s?

I've been happy with the performance of the lights, but the durability may be an issue.

I just got back from a large Vstrom rally near Deals Gap, and I got many questions about the lights. I passed your company info along to a lot of folks.
  10. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    PLZ re-size those pics
  11. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Jeff,

I believe we have both the MM12 and the MM8 on hand for warranty replacement.

Please send us an email to info@mondomotos.com and Kris can check your order date and figure out the best solution.

thanks,
    -Brian
  12. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting up the pics

-Brian
  13. The Toad

Oddometer:
    While this isnt an LED style lamp, I wanted to post a note here that we are now carrying the full line of Givi products including the Trekker S310 lights seen in the pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The complete Trekker S310 light kit retails for $211 USD

Our price $186 USD

The ADV5 Discount Code applies to the Trekker lights making the final price $176.70 USD

The Trekkers are Halogen lights and designed for use on bikes that have electrical power to spare and the mount directly to crash bars.

More info can be found on our website

MondoMotos Trekker S310

We will be updating our "Gear" thread very soon to include the S310 and lots more of the Givi line of products. Until then if there is something in particular you are looking for send me a PM or email us @ info@mondomotos.com.

Thanks,
    -Brian
  14. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Just ordered some MM10's for my Bandit. Removed the stock mirrors and went to handlebar mounted DoubleTake mirrors in hopes to use those perches as a mounting location. Anybody have any suggestions for that?

Here's the bike:

[​IMG]
  15. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Quick wiring question:

Wiring the lights to a fuzeblock that already has a wire to be used for switched power, can I use that wire and disregard the mondo wire or fuse the two together then splice into a switched source?
  16. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Once you have the lights in hand, you will most likely be able to figure something out to mount them on the fairing. Hard to tell from looking at the pic, but I'd guess you will have to remove the mirror mounts and attach the light bracket in its place?

Thanks,
    -Brian
  17. The Toad

Oddometer:
    If I understand the question: The light power wire (red wire w/ring terminal) and the switch power wire (single red wire) can indeed share a power source. Its not an ideal situation, but so long as the source is fused and able to handle the extra current (less than 1amp) you should be fine.

Thanks,
    -Brian
  18. ThatGuy

Oddometer:
    Sorta, red single wire and single switched power wire of a fuseblock. Choices:

-Either cut the red single wire away and rely on the FB's wire only
    -Splice red single and FB switched power wire together then into a switched source
    - Or both the single red and FB switched power wire are individually spliced into a switched source.

I sounds like #2 is the viable option but I figured I'd ask around.

EDIT: what I did was: took the red switched power wire and connected it to the FB as well. Used the FB's switched power wire and connected it to a switched source. Lights shut down after I turn the bike off.
  19. rider257

rider257 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MOND

On a 2008 r1200gs do you think I will need a CAN-BUS adapter? If so do you have a line on where i may get one?

Just trying to get everything in line so I can order all at once. I am not running much else besides a phone charger and possiblely a sena charger or two. But would like to add heated gear next winter. Sorry if it sounds dumb, electrics are not my forte.

thanks
  20. ThatGuy

Oddometer: