K60 front wobble

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by HoloHolo, Oct 7, 2012.

1. HoloHolo

HoloHolo 2 wheels !!!!

Oddometer:
    I have a wobble at around 45-50mph with these tires? *I took the rim to BMW dealer and had the rim with the tire on it balanced but the wobble still exist. I also check to make sure the triple tree wasn't loose.*

Has anyone else had this issue. They also seem to slide quite a bit on the dirt. What are these recommended for? *50/50 dirt? *If so what would be a more aggressive dirt tire?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any suggestions, thanks
  2. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    I only have it on the rear (K-60), and it is 18 inch.... front is a Karoo-T.....no wobbles.....
  3. Nacho911

Nacho911 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Change pressure. Go with the F800 manual on pressure. Air it down from spec 41psi to 32-36 PSI. Try that. Also add a run flat tire goo, as it also balances.

N
  4. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    It's a common problem on the front. It'll go away in a few hundred miles/kms.
  5. NCD

NCD Dirty Hairy Supporter

Oddometer:
    The one I just put on did that. I deflated it and rotated it 180 on the wheel
    Wobble gone. Maybe the red balance dot was wrong on some.
  6. puckinet

puckinet Safety third

Oddometer:
    Very common on a new set, air down to about 35 PSI, the tire is very hard and takes a little wear because the sides are a little squarded.
  7. njoytheride

njoytheride NJOYN' THE JOURNEY Supporter

Oddometer:
    my front k-60 started the wobble after a few thousands miles. Tried balance, air pressure with no luck. Put a TKC 80 on the front and the wobble went away. Love the K-60 back tire but giving up on the front tire.
  8. scarygary

scarygary Drawing blanks

Oddometer:
    I would check out your steering head bearings for a notch developing when your steering goes back to center. The K60s could be magnifying the problem that already exists.
  9. HoloHolo

HoloHolo 2 wheels !!!!

Oddometer:
    The steering head seems smooth and not loose. It has to be the tire. I will check the pressure and take it for a spin this weekend. I already have over 200 miles in the tires.

Frustrated with this front tire and the rear k60 sure does slide in dirt and gravel.

But I am use to a dirt bike.
  10. Kobie

Kobie n00b

Oddometer:
    I had the K60's fitted front & rear last week. These tyres must be the most dangerous on wet tar, thought I was riding in thick mud (at 180k/ph) Maybe I was pushing it a bit. Have'nt been on the dirt yet, will let you know.
  11. albany23

albany23 Aficionado

Oddometer:
    I'm sorry, but it will not go away. I installed a fresh set and took the bike out for a 1500km ride. Lots of highway riding, then mountain passes and off-road.
    I had a wobble and lots of vibration up until 40kph, then it was gone. After 120 kph, the vibration was really bad, worse than a TKC80.
    Off-road, they were very slippery, because of the hard compound. The new K60 Scout design for the rear tyre might be good for a long lasting tyre, but this is not a 50/50 tyre. They scared the crap out of me on loose gravel, and i dropped the buke more times that i want to remember.
    In all, after more than 1500kms, the vibration is still there, the wobble is still present, so i went back to my old set of TKC80's. It might not be a great road tyre, but on the beach is smokes any other 50/50 tyre out there.Looking forward to a fresh set of Karoo T's.
  12. HoloHolo

HoloHolo 2 wheels !!!!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input. The bike came with a set of new tkc80's and I think I may just put those on. I prefer the dirt and with the wobble and the sliding was a little outside my comfort overall.

This is the most street bike I've had and the tkc's look more similar to any other dirt tire I've had in the past.

[​IMG]
  13. fletman

fletman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I get a slight shake at about 70, but nothing either side. I like the Heidenau's but have a lot of difficulty getting them in my part of the world. It's hot here and the roads are not overly tire friendly, most cars chew through a set in about 12-15 thousand miles. With that in mind the TKC's just wouldn't last.
    I need to replace my rear K60 as it got a nasty spike through it, came across this post whilst searching alternatives. The front (K60) is new, looking at an alternative for the rear if I can't source the 60 for the back.
    Any ideas??
  14. Steveman

Steveman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    wow 180 in thick mud, thats cool :1drink
  15. machinebuilder

machinebuilder Long timer

Oddometer:
    you do know these tires are 35psi max inflation.

air down to about 30psi they will settle down.
  16. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    just use the tkc80 front and keep the k60 at rear
  17. HoloHolo

HoloHolo 2 wheels !!!!

Oddometer:
    I just replaced the k60 in the front with the tkc80. NO Wobble.

FxxK the k60 on the front!!

Oh yeah! 2 wheels!