Chico, Ca Dualsport Riders

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Bob Tosi, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. wizz

wizz Up a creek......

Oddometer:
  3. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hear this all the time. I tell people where and when and they don't show up. {except Matt } But if you are serious about it. Then you can come to the next Sac Pits event. It is East of Petaluma, out by Marshall.
    Directions: Hwy 101to Novato. Take the San Marin Exit. Go west on San Martin Dr ,right on Novato BLVD. right on PT Reyes/Petaluma Rd. Left on Hicks valley rd. Left on Marshall-Petaluma rd.
    May 17th and 18th. It is a very private motorcycle club M.C.M.A.
    Overnight camping available.

This is the only event anywhere close to the coast. And not to sound rude but I bet no one reading this comes. I challenge you to show up and enjoy this great spot. No riding is allowed other than the competitors. But you could walk to several of the sections and we have a killer dinner Saturday night. Flyer at www.sactopits.org
  4. redog1

redog1 KTM 950se old fart

Oddometer:
    "And not to sound rude but I bet no one reading this comes."

...but maybe a little bitter.
    But I understand, there's been more than once where I've been stood up by guys that I've made arrangements with to go riding, no phone call, no e-mail, nothing. I've never let it keep me from having a good time, just mildly changes the ride.
  5. wizz

wizz Up a creek......

Oddometer:
    That figures. I have a kayak fishing tournament in shelter cove that weekend. I dont mean on the coast. Redding, red bluff, shasta are all a doable drive from arcata. (Actually closer than petaluma). Ill keep my watching for the events.
  6. Jackkennedy

Jackkennedy Jack Kennedy

Oddometer:
    My wife and I moved to Chico, ca 6 mo ago and I haven't been able to find someone to ride with. I'm a little bit of a chicken when it comes to ridding alone.

I like fire roads, single track, sand, mud, maybe a jump or two.
    So if anyone wouldn't mind to add me to their next trail ride my email address is:

untried.cadence@gmail.com
  7. redog1

Oddometer:
    You should be able to find some riding partners in the area. I'd be glad to show you around but I'm laid up for about another month. I'm expecting to be back in the dirt in a couple of months. Nothing wrong with riding on your own as long as you lower the risk factor. :deal
  8. Jackkennedy

Jackkennedy Jack Kennedy

Oddometer:

Thanks. Keep me in mind in a couple months
  9. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    I ride local singletrack a good amount,but some people hate it when I take em up to the trails. I ride a 300XCW and that's the sort of bike mostly seen up there.

Also the paradiseridgeriders.com are the only local riding club,there are dualsport riders,singletrack riders,all ages and abilities show up. And then check out ironmandualsport.com online,Bob's a local guy and puts on great dualsport rides starting in June.
  10. NorCalLanesplitter

NorCalLanesplitter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey dude,
    I'm ready to ride and looking for a riding buddy as well. I'm in process of planning a ride this weekend with another dude who just moved here from Sierra Nevada area. I'd like to check out Hogsback Lane from Red Bluff up into the Lassen Nat. Forest but I haven't met anyone who can ride that trail with me yet. I like long but fun rides from Chico to Covelo, or Redding to Lewiston and they're mainly 50/50 dirt and pavement. I'm interested in single track and also realize I'm not 18 years old with a full throttle 2 stoke anymore. I'm a Euro Thumper middle aged dude who hauls ass and been riding all my:freaky life. email me back and I'll keep you in the loop. Welcome!
  11. redog1

Oddometer:
    Great loop, have fun.
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844165
  12. Jackkennedy

Jackkennedy Jack Kennedy

Oddometer:
    This weekend is all booked up for me but if you end up going some other week give me a call @ 951-seven six four-4910.
    The only concern for me about a long ride is fuel. My wrr only has a range of about 70-80 miles. Maybe more if I get a small fuel bottle or two but that's it.

Let me know if plans change.
  13. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Foot dragger's formative days
  14. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Doesnt it hold at least 2 gallons and get 60 or 70mpg? That doesnt seem like much range for a smaller 4 stroke.:ear
  15. Hookalatch

Hookalatch Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer:
    One of the coolest photos posted! If that was you, I'd say your formative years were well behind you.

Chuck

16. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Thats funny you say that,if there had been a photog on a few corners during last wed's ride,virtually the same pic could have been taken on my new 300,once a slider,always a slider.:rofl
  17. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mendo Ralley

[​IMG]

Nice lake to camp by. I swam in the evening's. We had all the food and beer served with a smile. got to ride with old fiends and meet some new ones.

[​IMG]

I had planned on coming home on a more remote route. I found this and was in trouble. No side road over the Mountain until back near Covelo and that was 60 plus miles.

[​IMG]

Home safe and sound.
    Now it's catch up time around the house.
    Hop-Sing
  18. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Dang,If I had things more settled here I woulda gone to that Rally.
    With luck,next year,I will have a motor bike and mt bike both over there.

I did ride the 1250 up 162 to Quincy this AM for breakfast,then up to Laporte which is some really nice corners/scenery,then back to Chico.

And a good 60 mile singletrack ride on wed,wed is getting to be singletrack day lately.:1drink
  19. redog1

Oddometer:
    And a nice loop up Oro/Quincy hwy and down Laporte rd. Beautiful weekend for a ride..................for some.
  20. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    You'll be back at it soon enough,Ive spent some time busted up and it sucks.