TuneECU for 990 - got tunes?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by jetpoweredmonkey, Oct 31, 2010.

1. seppami

seppami 990 Adventure

Oddometer:
    Thank you! To downloading I go.. :clap
  2. grinns

grinns Semper Fi

Oddometer:
    How do you do the tb's and tps? I want to do this, but wasn't quite sure where the reset for the tps was, and I am guessing you just tell it to leave the secondary open then balance?

I thought the stepper motors would balance. It says it does not need adjustment in the ktm manual. Is the stepper motor/motors only for idle?
  3. PowerCell

PowerCell Manufacture Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    TuneECU KTM cables are starting to ship. The shipping order is based entirely on who paid first, so keep an eye out for the USPS notification e-mail.

And if anyone else wants a cable, send me a PM here at ADVrider with your shipping address and I'll reply with payment details. Cost is $30 USD plus shipping, and I will ship internationally.

[​IMG]

4. nevermind

nevermind know when to fold 'em, know when to run

Oddometer:
    I just used tuneECU to save the 2010 990R "stock" map my local dealer loaded onto my 990A ECU a couple of weeks ago. I sent it to Tom at tuneECU.com for them to post up.

So far, I'm happy with the tune. There is still some bucking at very small throttle openings, but I'm betting I can work with tuneecu and reduce the effects of this unwanted behavior. IMHO, the fueling on this bike is superb anywhere away from 0-5% throttle. I only wish I had a tire sponsor!!!

I just did a 500 mile jaunt and saw 38-40 mpg on a 155 and 110 mile legs, street only. I'm not trying to set any MPG records, I'm just looking for extra range when I decide to get out in the back country. I was not running the SAI and both O2 sensors online and operational. FWIW, I do not baby the bike and I do not ride slow.
  5. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is great! Tuneboy just gave me 'sticker shock' so I never ponied up the bucks....once I get my cable from PowerCell I'll upload the 'stock' map my '07 is running to tuneECU.com. This stock map seems to work fine on my 2into1 setup but I'm sure theres more to be had. I added the Neduro tank so I wasn't the guy always needing fuel :lol3 my 990 buddies don't like it very much as it added more then 100 miles....
  6. twodollardoug

twodollardoug the calimesa kid

Oddometer:
    both the tb's and the tps have to be adjusted mechanically. it is not done with the software. what the software does is show you what their values are in real time, while the bike is running. as you turn the screws for adjustment you can see the values change on your pc screen.
    Deviant666 likes this.
  7. BillyD

BillyD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn you guys...just when I finally threw in the towel and started converting to carbs, you come up with something like this (TuneECU).

I too found TuneBoy to be extremely bush-league when it comes to having a "finished" product and getting support questions answered in a timely manner, if at all, was next to impossible.

I will download and start poking around.
  8. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Thought I pointed this out to you earlier Bill, oh well, now you know :deal
    Hope you can sleuth your problems more with this.

:beer
  9. nevermind

nevermind know when to fold 'em, know when to run

Oddometer:

I found the same thing with their support. Emma is great, but Wayne is out there somewhere...

I hope you find something! I may get down to our bike speed shop, but I need the $$$.$$ first.
  10. BillyD

BillyD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In retrospect, I believe you did, but I have not been of sound mind lately as you know. This bike has made me delirious and absent minded; I get strange looks as I go through the check-out line at the grocery store muttering to myself.

@PowerCell:

I'm interested in helping further defray your start-up costs on cables. I don't need a cable since I already have a TuneBoy cable, but how about I send you $75 now for the option of a future delivery of a single cable. PM me your PayPal info.

Also, I have a spare throttle body assembly and ECU that I can lend to the cause. Let me know if you would derive any benefit from having these spares at your disposal.
  11. Spark01

Spark01 V-Twin

Oddometer:
    Somebody on the dutch lc8 forum is testing some custom settings on the ecu
    He did alter the setting for the switch between the TPS&Manifold air pressure(F-L map).
    The firts test results are very good.
    He altered the settings between 1000-4000rpm lower than 10% TPS (standard this is 12% or higher).
    For the switch between the L and F map.

He allready tried: 16sprocket,O2 sensors disabled, other throttle cams,2nd valves removed but none really worked for him, for the bike response on non smooth roads.
    The Bike is a SMT by the way

This is a similar known mod that is also done on Suzuki SV1000/TLR's only on those bikes The tps switch is rotated to lower the switch point. On the KTM you can't do this that why he changed the settings in the F-L map.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    Deviant666 likes this.
  12. Taffcd

Taffcd Welsh And Thirsty

Oddometer:

PM sent
  13. grinns

grinns Semper Fi

Oddometer:
    Since I have both here is a quick note.

Tune boy has taken about a month to just get the cable, I am on my fifth day waiting for a code. Wish PowerCell got to me sooner ugg.

:cry
  14. twodollardoug

twodollardoug the calimesa kid

Oddometer:
    wonderful, know were getting some where.:clap:clap spark will you keep an eye on that thread and update on his changes?
  15. Spark01

Spark01 V-Twin

Oddometer:
    No problem
  16. Head2Wind

Head2Wind MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer:
    just sent you the code.....
  17. PowerCell

Oddometer:
    30 more cables shipped out today... :thumb

[​IMG]
  18. a$$hole

a$$hole Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sweet! But I still need to locate a shitty laptop for the whole flashing process once I get my cable.:cry
  19. PowerCell

Oddometer:

Toys-R-Us on black Friday... $79.95 for a basic netbook

20. a$$hole

a$$hole Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will that work? TuneEcu just needs Windows of some sort I think. I wish there was a mobile version for Android so I could just put it on my phone then play with maps whenever I want.