On Baja Time-Finally, or Team Rust Finds Sunshine!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AdventurePoser, Apr 20, 2011.

1. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    awesome pics and good job steve.

i'm envious!
  2. TemeculaRider

TemeculaRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't tell you how many times I've scratched my head when hearing "You have to stop at Mama Espinosa's. They have the best [insert name of Mexican dish here] in Baja!!!" I've eaten there twice strictly for convenience and the only reason I went back the second time was to prove to myself that it couldn't really be as bad as it was the first time. Lousy and expensive! If they were in SoCal the place wouldn't last a week.

I love Loreto too as well as that drive up to San Javier mission. What a great place to chill out and relax. My son and I ate at La Palapa last time and had a great experience. Very friendly people and an overall excellent value!
  3. AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser Long timer

Oddometer:
    We, meaning I, got to Loreto, and decided that a full day off the bike, exploring the town and just generally chilling would be good for the soul and body, so that is what happened. Besides, can you be on Mexican Time running around like the proverbial decapitated chicken? I didn't think so.

So, we didn't make the mission inland of Loreto. Maybe next time, though truth be told, if I never ride in sand again, it'll be too soon.:D

Cheers,
    Steve
  4. TemeculaRider

TemeculaRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Steve, they're paving on that road to San Javier all the time and the last time I was down they were at least 15 miles to the mission/village. I consider it the most dramatic mission in Baja, even more so than San Borja. Well worth the trip and perfect for the F800. You won't have any trouble at all and there's no sand.
  5. ConcreteDr

ConcreteDr Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    what's not yet paved is easley traveled by car, so no problemo on your trusty steed, nice report .....