DR350 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by leonphelps, May 16, 2007.

1. Matttys

Matttys Matt the Balloon Guy

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Are these the Walmart seat covers? I've been looking for a low cost solution for making the seat hight a little higher on my DR and these will work well if they are cheap :wink:
  2. snare

snare sittin and breathin

Oddometer:
    Looks like they are the China Mart ones to me, yes.
  3. GOT DIRT?

GOT DIRT? Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Blackbird, it looks good getting dirty!!!!:D
  4. electrolite

electrolite Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Think I found the culprit:clap
    [​IMG]
    Now the question is, new assembly, or figure out a spacer?
  5. Burtonridr

Burtonridr Wanderlost

Oddometer:
    I would like to know how they feel :ricky
  6. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    BTW new seat foam is $54 from Guts Racing.
  7. Matttys

Oddometer:
    Really? Do they make taller foam too? I wonder how hard it would be to do a seat yourself? My seat is fine, however I would like some thing taller for offroad riding as standing up is pretty tough when you are seated so low.
  8. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, that's what I put on my DR. Its super easy to DIY, I did my first dirt bike seat when I was 11yo;) All you need is a staple gun and some fairly short staples.
  9. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    Nick - what is that? Is it something embedded in the metering assembly or something that wore thru from the inside? I don't think you can disassemble those things, can you? Might be time for a new one. At least you figured it out. :thumb
  10. electrolite

electrolite Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Dave - That is what appears to be a chip missing in the hard rubber of the metering assembly. What you see in the triangular hole are the gears that work the speedo cable.

I'm not sure what to do right now, a new assembly costs about $60 which seems a little steep for something I don't need. (I'm using a sigma bicycle computer)

Anyone got a suggestion on how to fix this one, or got a used one for sale?

-Nick
  11. Burtonridr

Burtonridr Wanderlost

Oddometer:
    Have you checked the salvage yards in your area? Im sure it isnt a part many people seek to find.
  12. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    Nick, you might keep an eye on eBay, too. I would think a metering assembly for a DR250 would be the same. If I happen across one, I'll let you know (via PM).
  13. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    Probably a DR650 too. Check the part #'s on the diffrent models on a site like ronayers.com
  14. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    That's not necessarily always true (unlike the DR250S or DR250SE). But, in this case, it is. Here's what I found @ Ayers:

1990-92 DR250S
    1993-94 DR250SE
    1990-96 DR350
    1990-97 DR350SE
    1992-93 DR650S
    1994-95 DR650SE

They all use the same metering assembly (or speedo box). When the DR350(SE) went to the 6 bolt rotor, the part number changes.
  15. electrolite

electrolite Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the help guys, I've been hunting around my area and found a place not too far from me that has the part. I'll report back when I get it if the squeaking stopped or not.

-Nick
  16. John 10:10

John 10:10 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    New DR350 owner here....Anyone know where stiffer fork springs and rear spring can be gotten?
  17. Helmet_Hair

Helmet_Hair Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Race Tech. Eibach is another resource. You can try kientech as well, Jesse may have something.
  18. GaThumper

GaThumper Road Less Traveled

Oddometer:
    Thumpin' in North GA - headin' for the Smokys
    Yep, they are the Wally World ATV covers. My buddy still uses his, I felt like I slid forward on mine too much and have it off right now, but I'm going to put it back on and give it another try. Tryiny to figure out if it's a little more slippery than the factory cover. It seemed to me that I would slid forward every time I hit the brakes, but I have noticed a bit of the same on the stock cover...

As for feel, it feels pretty good to me. My riding buddy who has issues sitting long rides due to his prostrate loves his. It adds almost an inch of firm padding with a large "waffle" type surface. For $15 it's worth a try, if it doesn't work out you can always sell it to a KLR guy!

As for the height, I don't really notice it although it's a bit higher, by the time it compresses you are gaining maybe 1/2 inch.

I have a tall firm DR seat with a blue cover that I might sell, it's a little too tall for me at 5'10", maybe 2" taller and really firm. I liked it, but it's just a bit too tall. I may ride it one more time before I decide to let it go but shoot me a pm if interested.
  19. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    Cogent Dynamics. Have a look at the forums over at Maximum Suzuki dot com. Rick is located in North Carolina and will have what you need.
  20. Matttys

Oddometer:
    You have a PM :evil