Mounting tires on F800GS question....

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by The Griz, Apr 29, 2009.

1. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, being my bike is at the dealer for engine failure, I decided to take my new TKC-80's over to have them put them on. Why not, right? The bike is already there! :D I'm still going to put the DynaBeads in the tubes when I get the bike back though.
  2. ]I)Money

]I)Money D NOT I Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, Griz, I'd suggest that, since they will be balanced by the shop, that you pack the beads into your toolkit, and only install them if you have to do a tire change, or if not needed, then put them in the next time you break a bead. They do break down over time. Not badly, but some.
  3. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's good advice. I think I'll "roll" with that (pun intended).:lol3

If I sense balancing issues, then maybe I'll add them.:thumb
  4. Roonie

Roonie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not to thread hijack but I too picked up slime for my tubes. I have yet to put it in and will wait until I get a flat for emergency repair. I also have a can of fix-a-flat foam. I ended up using the foam on my buddies tubed tire last ride and it didn't work. The tire ended up coming off the rim and we had to leave the bike on the side of the road to be picked up later. He said the next morning however it was all foamed up. Will now use slime for emergency repair.
  5. justanotherider

justanotherider justanotherider

Oddometer:
    I only balance tires when I want the wheel bearings to last a while.

I've use balance beads in car tires, with no problem. The trick is discovering what size beads and how many, (how much weight) is specified for the wheel/tire you are balancing. I don't have easy access to that data, (haven't looked online) so for bikes, I just use my Handy balancer and lead.