Colorado to Ushuaia 2013 plan

Discussion in 'Americas' started by House of Motorrad, Feb 11, 2012.

1. House of Motorrad

House of Motorrad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ben@houseofmotorrad.com I would love a copy! Sounds like you are a good person to know! I will definitely be in touch when I get a little further along in the planning stages. Thanks!
  2. Manolito

Manolito Patagonia guide

Oddometer:
    Done :thumb
  3. WilderRider

WilderRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Most definitely. Boulder sure isn't that far away, but it sounds like I am about a year ahead of you. I am thinking this September for departure. But it would be great to trade ideas and resources.:clap
  4. House of Motorrad

Oddometer:
    I am thinking this year too. I hope to leave in October. Shoot me an email at ben@houseofmotorrad.com and we can schedule something!
  5. garrydymond

garrydymond Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you come to Mex City we can put you up and show you around. If you are here on Sept 15th we will invite you to our traditional Independance celebration with the now World Famous Trivia.
  6. maria41

maria41 www.franglais-riders.com

Oddometer:
    Hi !
    Send us an email when you get to Rio. We moved recently from London to Brazil and will be here for at least another year, probably more.

We spent a year motorcycling around South America on 2 F650GS/Dakar, so happy to answer any questions, although it was 4 years ago now.

As soon as we can buy bikes we will be exploring Brazil on our spare time. How long do you plan to take to go down and up? There is so much to do and to see that even with 1 year we ran out of time. You will have a great time! Make sure you learn Spanish though, it will come handy!

Any questions let me know. You can see details of our trip and adventures in my website: www.franglais-riders.com

Cheers,

Maria

www.franglais-riders.com
  7. WilderRider

WilderRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the posts and the offer. :freaky. I have seen your interviews on the HU videos as well. Looks like you guys are keeping busy.
  8. maria41

maria41 www.franglais-riders.com

Oddometer:
    Oh dear you saw those videos! We did look like sh*t! It was just at the end of our trip! :D

We will be round your place in June/July! We are planning to rent bikes from a company out of Gunnison (from here: http://www.rentmotorcyclescolorado.com).

It is very close to Denver I think! We are planning to be on the road for about 17 days!

Cheers,

Maria

www.franglais-riders.com
  9. WilderRider

WilderRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Maria,

Great. When you get here, let us know and I am sure you will have many offers to show you two the roads around here or just meet up. I know I would love to hear more about your trips if you get a chance to stop for dinner, lunch or breakfast around here.

And if you are looking for a rental closer to Denver, be sure to check out
    www.houseofmotorrad.com. I do not know Ben personally (yet), but this is his rental company out of Boulder. Much closer. Gunnison is a great place to ride, though.
  10. Giddy Up

Giddy Up Pedal, Damn IT!

Oddometer:
    House of Motorrad,
    I just started reading this book on a trip from LA down to the southern tip and back up to Buenes Aires (sp?). I have no connection to this guy. There are some awesome photos and interesting write ups about the different towns. It may help with trip planning. It makes me want to go. :deal I look forward subscribing to your trip thread.
    Good luck!

http://www.la2ba.com/
  11. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    gunnison is 5+hrs from denver
  12. H20Bear

H20Bear Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey hey,

I am currently wrapping up a Denver to ushuia trip myself. I highly recommend Medellin Colombia, huaraz Peru, and el Cheltan Argentina. Do not cross the gap on the "sailboat" called metacommet

Oh and the salar de uyuni in Bolivia is a must.

Hit me up via personal msg with any logistical questions or whatever.
    Austin431@gmail.com
  13. House of Motorrad

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the amazing info! I will be sure to get in touch with you soon.
  14. MarkGS

MarkGS No I don't ride a bimmer

Oddometer:
    I'm taking off from San Francisco in mid-July and doing my first three months or so in the US, ultimately heading all the way down like you. I'm actually stopping in Denver, probably in late August / early Sept to visit friends, so keep me in mind. I'll have a ride report up on here by then too.

Edit - just realized I'm off by a year. Well, I'll still be in the area late this summer :)
  15. House of Motorrad

Oddometer:
    Sounds great! Stop in and say hi when you are in town!
  16. KHVol

KHVol Long timer

Oddometer:
    By far the best place to rent bikes is houseofmotorrad.com in Denver. Best rental company, best bikes, best people. They bring the bikes to you and pick them up from you. Very simple, not even a taxi ride required.
  17. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was just told about your adventure ride to South America by my brother. He was one of your first rental customers last year. Nice to see you and your dad doing such a great adventure. I will be following your ride via this site. I will be in Tierra del Fuego in about a month on my way to Antarctica on a photo. shoot. Will look for you in Ushuaia in early Feb.

Ride Far, Ride Safe.
  18. House of Motorrad

Oddometer:
    Just thought I would let everyone know that the trip is going great, and that we have a blog that is updated daily that you can access from our website at www.houseofmotorrad.com

Drop me a line if I can help anybody out with their trip or if you are on the road and want to meet up.

Ben
  19. Hueychief

Hueychief FNG

Oddometer:
    X2, would do it again.
  20. Dorfmeister

Dorfmeister n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm beginning to put together my own length-of-S. America plan for '13 and , for various reasons, I'd prefer not doing it solo. Any chance you'd want to join up with someone for a portion of your trip?