Unleashing the HO-CAT

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Marsh Tiger, Mar 19, 2012.

1. wawarides

wawarides where's Laura0107? Supporter

Oddometer:
    We're up to 495 miles! I hope some of you can take advantage of this warm weather and ride some dirt roads! In the latest GPX file I posted over in the HO-CAT thread in the GPS East section, I split the tracks up so that none would have over 500 points, in case that was giving anyone trouble. Marsh Tiger and I would love to see your photos from the HO-CAT or other areas on the SC Dirt map. Here are a few from the southern leg of the "Ridge Spring loop":

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Marsh Tiger

Marsh Tiger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WOW! that's lovely. I cant wait till I have some time to ride again. Warm or cold, I'll be hitting these trails very soon!
  3. TDC_ERock

TDC_ERock Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just picked up a DR650 and once I have it sorted out I plan on hitting some of this ASAP! Thanks for doing this!
  4. wawarides

Oddometer:
    Have fun! We could use some tracks from "near the beach" to balance out the map. :deal
  5. The Dude Himself

The Dude Himself Hooked on Dirt!!

Oddometer:
    Anyone planning an anniversary trip? I'm stuck in Columbia until mid-February with the 950SE and my riding gear. Would love to waste a Sunday morning away.
  6. Marsh Tiger

Oddometer:
    Hadn't thought of it. Sounds like a good idea though. Anybody else interested?
  7. The Dude Himself

The Dude Himself Hooked on Dirt!!

Oddometer:
    Planning on heading our Sunday morning if anyone is interested.
  8. Marsh Tiger

Oddometer:
    Can't this Sunday. Maybe later in the month.
  9. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any one up for some exploring Sat the 9th? Supposed to be mid 60s and sunny :clap
  10. wawarides

Oddometer:
    :y0! Where to? Shouldn't have to worry too much about dust.
  11. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    No clue, figured just roam around. I havent explored much for dirt around here so I'll defer to you. Where's a good meetup spot? I'm close to I-20 exit 51. And a good meet time?
  12. wawarides

Oddometer:
    All of this is negotiable, just throwing it out there!

You could come down #6, take a right on the MEOW, and I'd meet you at the intersection of the MEOW and the North leg of the Ridge Spring Loop at 10:30. We could take that leg of the RSL all the way through Ridge Spring, then Ward, then get off the RSL and go to Edgefield for lunch. Then do a few hours on the Southern bits of the Monkee loop since we'll be close to it at that point. When we get back in the I-20 vicinity, decide to either slab it home, or if you still want more, we could take the Southern leg of the RSL to the MEOW. I would exit the ride at that point in Neeses, since I live not far from there.
  13. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can you send me a waypoint of the meetup? I want to avoid slab as mush as possible, I have NON-DOT knobbies and don't want to wear them out too much. 1030 is fine with me.

EDIT: Are you talking about the intersection of Hwy6 and Jones Wire Rd?
  14. wawarides

Oddometer:
    That's where you'd turn off #6. Then come down to 33.70228, -81.17515 which is where the North leg of the RSL starts. LOL, the Google van has been through there.
  15. wawarides

Oddometer:
    Once you make the right on Jones Wire, you'll be following the SC Dirt GPX "MEOW-A" track on down to the above coordinates.
  16. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds good, I'll meet you at 1030. :D
  17. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    All you slackers that didn't come join us today, you missed a great day of riding. Temps were perfect and the there was practically no dust.. 195 miles total :D

Now its :freaky time
  18. wawarides

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, it was a gorgeous day for a ride! I think a little bike maintenance is on the menu for tomorrow. :D Speedy said if I had pinned it through that clay, Wlfman and I wouldn't have had the above happen, but I had a mental image of a spectacular highside involving yours truly that wouldn't let me do that.

We did the Northern leg of the Ridge Spring Loop, then went to Johnston for lunch, then did some of the Southern & Eastern parts of the Monkee loop. I've got some work to do on the SC Dirt map, on the Monkee loop and on the connector between it and the RSL, as there are some closed National Forest roads and a few sections of private, gated road I want to remove. Thanks for the company, Wlfman. I really enjoyed the day.
    kalonji likes this.
  19. wawarides

Oddometer:
    Enough of this stuff from up North! How about someone go ride the HO-CAT and tell about it?! :ear
  20. kalonji

kalonji nihilism or nothing

Oddometer:
    Bump