The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. newcastleadam

newcastleadam Artful Tagger

Oddometer:
    Tend to agree with this, especially in the hotter months. The LC9 trigger pull will require range time to get acclimated, bit long.
  2. Sniper X

Sniper X De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Central New Mexico, 7420ft above sea level
    Fucking media! Always have to throw in the trump card of HIGH POWERED RIFLE.....bullshit grandstanding. :roflThey say that about a friggin .223!
  3. Sniper X

Sniper X De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Central New Mexico, 7420ft above sea level
    IDK, I can shoot an Officers Model almost as well as a full sized 1911 at targets from ZERO to 20ft.
  4. andy29847

andy29847 Dirt Road Rider

Oddometer:
    Hickock 45 - Eat your heart out. :clap

Code:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WOoUVeyaY_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Mosin Nagant is basically the same as a .308 sized round but the old AP rounds that were everywhere made them high powered in my book. :evil

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xQxL7VFXQ9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  6. urbancowboy

urbancowboy Vicious Cycler

Oddometer:

i mentioned the glock 26 as a response to this statement:

"then simply decide that the 19 is the smallest weapon you are willing to carry and dress accordingly."

the 26 is slightly smaller, and lighter (if comparing 15 round mag in 19 to 10 rounds in 26). you'd be hard pressed to distinguish the accuracy of the 26 compared to the 19.

the OP said he was comfortable with his g-19. so he'd probably be comfortable with the 26.

btw glock does have a slim .45 ACP. the 36.
  7. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP and can hit center of mass consistently farther than that. That's all that's required.

At my club, we sometimes have impromptu snub gun matches, and you'd be surprised how well 2 inch revolvers do when shot single action.
  8. Signal

Signal it's such a fine line between stupid and clever

Oddometer:
    Thats my issue with the LC9- trigger pull the length of a Cecil B deMille film :lol3
  9. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think that 223 is high power....heck you can shoot them in high power rifle matches.
  10. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think that those rounds are not "ap" rounds but just steel core.....the soviets had a different bullet for the ap rounds. It has been a while but I do reload for the cartridge....don't want that corrosive crap running in my SVT-40....if memory serves it uses a 311 bullet...the same as my british and french rifles (I think).....but I am at work and just can't remember for sure...so dont make book on that.

I shoot the surplus stuff in the bolt guns, but in the automatics I use my own loads, using partizan brass....it really is a good source for brass...for a lot of these odd ball military rifles....partizan makes some good stuff in 8mm, 54R, 7.5 french, 30 carbine...all of it reloadable....just buy a few boxes and after you shoot them start making your own....MUCH CHEAPER.

11. Boondoggle

Boondoggle Nihilism Matters!

Oddometer:
    :nod But it's also one of the reasons I chose it for carry- one more level of safety (on top of the other half-dozen that Sturm R & co. built in).

I've actually gotten a little better. Ive found its more about attitude- rather than set, aim, feel the trigger, and squeeze deliberately I've gotten better results just "point, squeeze, bang". I don't need to borrow buildit's 50-yard gong yet, though :D
  12. HardCase

HardCase winter is coming

Oddometer:
    I haven't ever shot an Officer's Model in 45ACP, but have a Commander sized gun that shoots very well. I do have a SA EMP in 9x19 which is basically an Officer's Model sized 1911, and it is very accurate and easy to shoot well, even at 20 yards.
  13. KSJEEPER

KSJEEPER Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup, me too.

I'm not a skinny guy, so for IWB I needed a skinny gun...
  14. Motor31

Motor31 Long timer

Oddometer:
    About twenty years ago I was shooting and carrying an Officers model off duty. I saw a Glock 19 one day and just for grins placed the Colt on top of the Glock. They were pretty much the same size, close enough to not matter. The big difference was that the Glock was a whole lot lighter which made it a whole lot more comfortable to conceal and carry. At that point I swapped them for carry. Yeah I did miss the idea of the 45 but at the same time 7 (with one up the spout) vs 16 made up a lot of that difference.

I liked shooting the Colt more than the Glock but a later on decided I would just carry the same thing for duty and off duty.
  15. Sam Buca

Sam Buca a.k.a. Daniel

Oddometer:

Have a look at the Ruger SR9c or the SR40c. Both very nice guns in 9mm and .40 capacity. Basically the same pistol with a different barrel. I have read only good reviews of these guns. With a magazine capacity or either 10+1 or 17+1 they should meet your CCW and home defense needs.

I currenly own the SR22P and I am very impressed on how accurate it is and how easy it is to shoot. The SR9c is next on my list.

Here is a nice comparison between the G26 and the SR9c: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=487515

16. acesandeights

acesandeights Noob

Oddometer:
    Didn't that also impact the weight savings? What's the 16 weigh vs 7?
  17. KSJEEPER

KSJEEPER Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the SR9C, but there are tons of compacts out there that are double-stack. They are all FAR thicker than the LC9, or PF9 for that matter.

If I am really trying to hide it, without having to dress to carry, a single stack is perfect.
  18. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    If your OM was all steel, it'd be heavier than the Glock. My Kimber has an alloy frame, so it'd be close. I use McCormick mags, and they hold 7 rounds plus 1 in the chamber. My 2 reload mags are 8 rounders with the special base pads that space them out for the short grip. So I have 24 rounds total.
  19. Motor31

Motor31 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope the ammo was not enough to bring the Glock to as heavy as the Colt, especially when the Colt was loaded up as well.
  20. fishwich

fishwich Cabin in the woods

Oddometer:
    Nice compact .45. 6+1. I don't care for the trigger pull as theres a lot of travel before you squeeze off a round but it fits my hand well and recoil is negligible.

[​IMG]