The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    here is Nanocer's CRF:

[​IMG]
  2. Nanocer

Nanocer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Kewl thanks siyeh!

-Will
  3. JRaye89

JRaye89 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What site did you buy those white oem pieces from?
  4. Nanocer

Nanocer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It wasn't a site, I did it via email/PayPal. The man's name is Nat and you can reach him at pistonclub69@yahoo.com or s_watit@hotmail.com.

-Will
  5. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I went back out and wiggled it while pulling, and it came right out. Lots of dirt (dried up mud) in there. The Ricochet more or less went right in, had to take all the bolts back out though, forgot to put anti-sieze on. Did get the Cycra guards on yesterday, not so bad, just had to cut a little more off the end of the throttle tube to clear the billet so it wouldn't bind. The ManRack was easy, now to order a Wolfman tankbag, and Luggage Electrix connector. Already have it wired back to the battery, but the controller for the gloves is just clipped to the plastic that covers the radiator now. Snow here later today, show be able to go play in it a bit.
  6. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    TOMMYRG:

Who's header pipe is that?
  7. Dirtchuck

Dirtchuck Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like the FMF power bomb. How do you like it tommy? Mine should be here real soon.
  8. frenchman81

frenchman81 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello, I'm writing from south of France, got my CRF250L in september; it's a very good bike still few in France. I put a 13T sprocket. I'm reading all messages for the mods which are not yet possible in France. I'll try to put some pics of the bike...

I'm a nut with computers: I failed setting a pic in the thread...
  9. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome aboard. Lot's of good information here. :freaky
  10. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, I agree, owners are always willing to share information. Learned a lot here while waiting for my ordered bike to finally get here.
  11. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    You guys out there that are lusting over a CRF, and live within a 100 miles or so of Memphis, lust no more. My buddy was just at the Honda store in Memphis...$4299 + $120 for county tax and paperwork will get you one! It's not economical for me to drive from Detroit to Memphis to get it....but if you're close....you can get lucky on Monday.
  12. ryguy83

ryguy83 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    looks damn good in white,i told myself if i was gonna get one,i would wait until we get that awsome white they get,now that i know you can order them white pieces,very tempting,how much was the complete set?

-ry
  13. irdhwy2

irdhwy2 n00b

Oddometer:
    Check-out Turbo City in Anahiem Ca,for lots of protection for your bike.Skid plates,guards,wind deflectors etc.
    from what I understand they are working on the cooling system radiator guard.
  14. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    Over on another CRF250L site they paint their bikes with plasti-dip...sometimes sealed with clear krylon spray....maybe get some white plasti-dip and get rid of the black tank!

Those white trim bits and the white seat are sweet...fine job....is that white trim unique to asia....or maybe is it available in europe?
  15. siyeh

Oddometer:
    Where is this? Got a link?
  16. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. Nanocer

Nanocer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    With shipping it was $318.00, that includes all the stickers for the white version(not shown). Btw the seat is silver, not white. I'm thinking about sending my red seat to seat concepts for their make over :) when I get a chance I'll dig up the part numbers.

-Will
  18. Harcomo

Harcomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What do you use to remove the factory decals on the rear plastic fender or other plastic parts? Some of you have painted parts of your plastic with the Plasti Dip and I'm curious as to how you removed your decals as they seem tough to remove.
  19. siyeh

Oddometer:
    I have yet to remove any stickers on my CRF. But on past bikes, with my wife's hair dryer and GooGone, and really long fingernails, I have had very good results.
  20. Nanocer

Nanocer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I waited until the sun warmed them up good and peeled them off with my finger nail. You could use a blow dryer to warm up and loosen the adhesive. Then I used a little Goo-Gone on a rag to remove any remaining adhesive and then hit it right away with Windex to keep the goo-gone from eating the plastic.

-Will