GRASSMAN ENDURO AND DUAL SPORT Ohio 5-5-2013

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by motodirtlover, Apr 4, 2013.

1. motodirtlover

motodirtlover Motodirtlover

Oddometer:
  2. motodirtlover

Oddometer:
    coming soon.....
    Lots of nice trails, free camping, and fun!
  3. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Hmm, might have to make this my first enduro... If not, I'm planning on at least doing the dual sport ride.
  4. motodirtlover

Oddometer:
    Same trail, the dual-sport goes after the enduro guys are already gone.
    Hope you can make it.
  5. jrockrat

jrockrat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to this. I've been on some of the trails and this will be a great ride!! :clap
  6. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping to make it for the DS ride.
  7. motodirtlover

Oddometer:
    El bumpo for one week out.
    I put my order in for 70 and Sunny.
    It should be great.
  8. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Sounds like your order was received and is being processed :clap Looking forward to this. Any other ADV guys going??
  9. invisible monster

invisible monster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm planning to run the DS ride on my wr250f. Anybody want to link up at the start? Would be nice to have a little group together for the day. :ear
  10. motodirtlover

Oddometer:
    Ok, due to popular demand, I'll give the DS guys a bypass possibility on one of the big sections (10 miles). It'll be far enough in the day that it won't be an issue for the enduro.

We have a big grass track at the very end of the day complete with an optional "hero" creek jump for the grand finale. This is going to be a good one. The hero jump will gain about 5 seconds on the section.

Hot food will be provided post-race for the riders. Each rider will get a "meal ticket" that will be good for one plate of food.

A jetting test loop will be available at an adjacent property on Saturday. You must sign the release form prior to riding Saturday.

This is going to be a fun weekend. Bring your buddies!
  11. motodirtlover

Oddometer:
    The weather is going to be perfect! Looks like a fun weekend!
  12. jrockrat

jrockrat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the weather looks great....like it was ordered up special or something!! :rofl
  13. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    WOW, awesome event! So much epic trail. The ride had everything: big logs, small logs, lots of off camber, some decent sized hills, and even rocks. Oh, and those waterfall sections were sweet. I did the dual sport ride and found the trails to still be in good shape after all the enduro traffic. That 10 mile section was great. Some of those muddy creek crossings were a little sketchy though. I passed at least 10 enduro riders in that last woods section because of those creeks.
  14. barbwire44

barbwire44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Enduro was great! As already posted had a nice mix of everything.
    thanks to all involved in putting it on.
  15. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I loved it too. Definitely the toughest ride I've done to date. I completed everything except the grass trails at the end. I was worn out big time by then. ;)

I did the DS too. Somehow I caught up to the enduro guys and got in front of a few. I never stopped the whole time not even for gas. I went by an area where the enduro guys had their gas stop and I waited until they all left and then took off. I even went through a check point and got a minis 41? Whatever that means. 41 minutes late? I told them I was with the DS and they packed up and left after telling me I was -41. Not sure how they came up with that since they didn't know my starting time..

I rode most of the day by myself since I was in front of all the DS guys. I got help a few times from the enduro sweep guys I think? Not sure...

It was the toughest thing I've ever done but loved every bit of it. Just sucked doing it alone. I slowed way down and took my time in order not to get hurt since I was alone.

I was on a WR290R with new MX51 tires but will be getting an orange 2-stroke in the future when I start doing enduros. :D
  16. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Nice! Did you take the bypass for that 10 mile woods section?
  17. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I don't think I took any by-passes. I'm colorblind though so I was just following the arrows or the guys in front of me. What part of the day was the 10 mile section? I did all the stuff in the beginning if that was 10 miles. I never looked at the roll chart once. :( I had my spot on so I have some tracks as to where I was.
  18. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    The 10 mile section was around miles 60-70 I believe. You would definately remember if you did it because it was so much longer than any other section. The first section was only 4 miles long, if that gives you any perspective. The arrowing for the bypass was not very conspicuous, so you probably accidently took the bypass if you were following other dual sport riders.
  19. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Did that section start off with a nasty creek crossing?
  20. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    I don't remember. There were so many nasty creek crossings, lol. You said you were taking your time, so I doubt you were able to ride that 10 mile section and still catch up to the enduro guys. I was hauling ass all day and didn't catch up to the enduro guys until a mile before the last trail section/special test. I passed the 3 guys in the enduro sweep crew in the first woods section. They caught up to me on the gravel road when I pulled over to get a bee out of my helmet (it was stinging the shit out of my ear) and almost lost my eye glasses. I rode with those sweep guys for the next 2 hours, and then passed them at a bad creek section.