GEIGERRIG Pressurized Hydration Packs

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GEIGERRIG, Feb 5, 2011.

1. charliesdaemon

charliesdaemon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1

I ordered a rig 1200 yesterday. Can't wait to write a review.
  2. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ADV RIDERS....

Please keep an eye out on our website this fall for the Bite Valve covers and Insulated Tubes and Tube Garage systems. Probably this October.

We'll come on and notify you all when the systems are available on our site.

Thanks for all the great dialogue here.... Thanks for all the great discussion and feedback by e-mail. We're listening to all of you, and we enjoy all of your feedback about your adventures and use of GEIGERRIG packs.

NEW - QUICK GEIGERRIG VIDEO - NEW

Hydration System Spray - Geigerrig - Debbie.JPG

We'll do something special for you all when we launch these new items. Grateful for the enthusiasm and feedback that we get here at ADV!

Sincerely,

Bob Geiger
    GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs
  3. rmojo

rmojo n00b

Oddometer:
    hey if you need guys to test gear we are willing and able!
  4. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ADV RIDERS,

Today, the GEIGERRIG homepage (click here) moved ahead of the Camelbak homepage for a generic search for "Hydration Packs" on the internet. This may seem like shameless chest thumping from us....but truly it is a heartfelt thanks to all of you for so many voluntary internet inquiries, product reviews, discussions, and other postings on the internet. The culmination of all of the internet activity about GEIGERRIG is propelling GEIGERRIG forward. Thank you to the inmates here for your open mindedness, consideration and continued communication with our team here at GEIGERRIG. Sincerely appreciated. We're a new US company, aggressively growing in a difficult economy and in difficult times, and we are appreciative and grateful for everything good that happens for us. THANK YOU.
    GEIGERRIG moves ahead of CAMELBAK.jpg
  5. GHO100

GHO100 George

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to point out something you may find interesting:

http://www.ted.com/talks/eli_pariser_beware_online_filter_bubbles.html

With the emergence of filter bubbles, as explained in this video segment, the concept that the internet is universal goes away.

While Geigerrig might be at the top for you, it doesn't show up on the first page for me at all for the search term "Hydration Pack"

It's at the bottom of page 2 for me.
  6. DaleE

DaleE TransAlp Adv

Oddometer:
    Middle of page 3 for me.
  7. Edwood

Edwood n00b

Oddometer:
    4th listing on page 3 for me. And this result is considering the fact that I'm logged into a Google account and have looked at nothing but Geigerrig hydration stuff recently when looking for hydration related searches.

Amazon.com shopping page for Hydation packs is the very first hit, followed by Camelbak at #2.

Sorry Geigerrig, must have been a fluke hit, or some regional result thing.
  8. flyinfuzz

flyinfuzz 2 Quarts low

Oddometer:
    Just got my Rig 500 today. I am very impressed with the constuction and quick delivery. One thing-on your warranty page you don't have the 500 listed in the product purchased section. I used it this afternoon on my Polaris ranger while I was checking cows and spraying fences. Temps in the low to mid 90's. Fastened the 500 to the rollcage and had fresh cool water all evening. It will go in the tractor Saturday and finally with me on the bike Sunday.Thanks for a great product. :clap Andy
  9. genka

genka Stand with Ukraine

Oddometer:
    Purchased a RIG700 and I can see why people do it. The hydration engine is brilliant in many aspects, but disappointed by the backpack design. I expected a separate insulated compartment for the bladder, but it just sits in uninsulated pocket in the main compartment. And why the main compartment needs 2 zippers?
  10. Edwood

Edwood n00b

Oddometer:
    Since Hydrapak is the OEM manufacturer for most of Geigerrig's hydration engine. Looks like you can buy their components for drinking tubes to use with our Hydration Engines right now if you wanted.

http://www.hydrapak.com/store-2/#ecwid:category=632580&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal

The bite valve used in the Geigerrigs are the Hydropak Surge Valve. Looks like the other bite valves might work too. There is an Insulated Tube Kit with a straight bite valve and Cover. The Plug-n-Play connector looks exactly the same. For the minimalist Bite Valve Cover you could just buy the Straight Bite Valve with Cover and just use the Cover.

Hey, Geigerrig.

Can you look into getting the Hydrafusion Tube to offer for sale separately? http://www.hydrapak.com/hydrafusion-tube/
    Has a nifty cap and much less bulky than neoprene cover. Would be a nice upgrade to the stock Tube with Surge Valve.

-Ed
  11. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey There Inmates,

A couple of thoughts to the comments immediately above.... By the way, THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS!

1) RIG 700: You are correct that the bladder loads into the main compartment. Please note though that there is a separate Nylon sleeve within the compartment that is to host the Hydration Engine when loaded in there. We haven't been packaging the packs with the Hydration Engine loaded into the sleeve, and we are considering doing that from now on. However, when we first started going, we wanted the hydration engine to be more visible to the consumer because of the differences in construction and fabrication. We didn't want it hidden in the separate nylon sleeve. I know that what I am describing isn't an entire different chamber in the pack for the hydration engine, but it is a separate compartment/sleeve within the main compartment.

2) OEM Hydrapak: When we began building the GEIGERRIG, we wanted to work with a company that focused solely on the construction of hydration bladders. Hydrapak does that. Many of the other companies OEM their bladders from factories and companies that build all kinds of things, and thus the bladder construction may not receive the necessary attention that it needs and deserves. With Hydrapak, we were happy to be working with a company that really takes quality construction seriously. We have a good relationship with Hydrapak to build the patented GEIGERRIG system. As to some of their other components... we are working with them to consider integration into our packs. Some we will choose to use while other we will forgo in lieu of our own designs and engineering. We are working on all kinds of systems that will be of benefit to all. Keep an eye out on our website.

Hope you all are having a great weekend....have fun riding....be safe.

GEIGERRIG
  12. Apachezulu

Apachezulu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine arrived today and no assembly required! Filled her up and went for a ride...couldn't be happier! :clap
    Thanks for the GREAT product and fast shipping! I Likey! :clap:clap:clap:clap
  13. flyingreg

flyingreg just ridin' along

Oddometer:
    1200 camo rig just ordered. I'll be watching for the mailman again. :evil

Thanks Geigerrig and ADV inmates.
  14. Daryl D

Daryl D Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :clap Just received the 1200 camo rig. Looks great and well made. I will try it out this weekend on a duel sport camping trip to the high Sierra's.

Thanks Bob (at Geigerrig) for all your help with the questions

Daryl
  15. Edwood

Edwood n00b

Oddometer:
    Just tried my Geigerrig Hydration engine on a mountain hike this weekend. Summit was only just under 10K feet. I have the 3L Engine, and at around the last liter or so (a little less) the spraying stopped working. I had to suck the last bit of water. So the "Never Suck Again" is not true if you need to use all the water in the Hydration Engine. At least at higher elevations.

Fortunately the bladder is very easy to clean, but it sucked (no pun intended) to have to suck so much to get the last bit of water out of my Hydration Engine.

-Ed
  16. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Agreed that sucking sucks! Always.

Please feel free to give our office a call at 801-823-3336 or 801-823-3335, and we'll see if we can provide a bit of helpful advise to keep the spray going.

Once you've sprayed.... It can be very frustrating to suck. We know. Let's see what can be done to help.

Please ask for Curt or Bob.

Sincerely,

Bob Geiger
    GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs
  17. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You choose: Less thorough product overview....with a blonde or More thorough product overview...no blonde....

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uP_AXe3Q0-E" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MUqxzVRzdiA" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>
  18. lostmarbles

lostmarbles Long timer

Oddometer:
    just put a order in for a GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs i'll give a update when it is in hand and can put it
    through the work on the trail:D
  19. funsummer

funsummer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ok well i have now tested the 500 rig for about 6 months, got it with the filter and spare tube a few weeks later after rig arrived.
    Firstly, it has being a great product, and i am happy i purchased this unit.

Ok, my concerns.

1-the waist strap, it fits me just, i am size 38 pants, 6'2 tall, 107kg and wear revit full sand suit, also wear kidney belt.
    it could be a little bigger as i am not small but its tight, especially if i have stuff in my jacket pockets. Beer belly's will be in trouble.

2-the chest strap can be a little tricky, i wear a leatt neck brace and it is a little tricky to put the rig on and get it to sit in right place on brace. But once on it sits in the right place and fits well. To remove it is hard to try get the chest clip released.
    I dont have a simple solution to this but could geigerrig look at the fitment when a leatt brace is being used?

3-the bite valve, i have lost a lot of water when offroading from not closing the valve. when the valve hits my forearm during aggressive riding it is opened causing the water loss. This is worse if the tube is left unclipped from shoulder strap.
    i have being closing the valve manually and this helps combat the problem.

4-the bite valve closing mechanism, in the dark it is not possible to tell if the valve is in the open or shut position.
    Can the valve have a more clearly designed marking and or shape so it can be easily identified as open or shut.

5-capacity, 2L is not enough for hot days, option of second loop to hang second bag or 3L bag that fits small packs would be good.

6-i have being looking at buying a new pack with the 3L bag, rig 1200 i think, from your website i could not ascertain what pockets the bag has/ internal/external and general arrangment and size comparision to the smaller 500 that i own. I was lucky enough that a army surplus store in my home town stocked your product so i was able to personally check the 1200 out. Your website could do with a better comparison / information page to make selection a bit easier.

Please understand that i am very happy with the product i purchased from your site 6 months or so ago.
    It is tough and dependable.
    the bite valve cap is a very welcome addition as once covered in mud, even with the water squirting it still has a texture like mud and water.
    Thanks for a great product.

Joel
  20. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Trail Jester Supporter

Oddometer:
    The 3L bag will fit in your RIG 500. It fits in mine.