San Diego Chatter Thread

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by So_Lost, Aug 10, 2011.

1. rollergirl

rollergirl Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello from Ramona
  2. So_Lost

So_Lost Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello back!:wave:wave

How's the trail riding up your way??
  3. So_Lost

So_Lost Long timer

Oddometer:
    Road the main OHV loop at Lake Morena on the Wee-Strom Sunday. If you've never been out there & are considering it the vast majority is pretty tame. 3 on a 10 scale. There were some rocky sections on Corte Madera that were a solid 7 or 8 on a Wee or similar big bike. XR or DR would zoom right up.

[​IMG]

Would be great to get a few big bikes out there next time. Makes exploring some of the more challenging stuff less scary.
  4. DangerMoney

DangerMoney Loud Helmets Save Lives

Oddometer:
    A friend and I are taking our KTM 950s to Otay Mountain truck trail this Saturday (Nov 5). If you'd like to join us, drop me a line.
  5. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
    Darn i was just informed that i'll be watching the kids crap:eek1
  6. So_Lost

So_Lost Long timer

Oddometer:

Sounds like fun. PM incoming.....
  7. DangerMoney

DangerMoney Loud Helmets Save Lives

Oddometer:
    PM replied to.
  8. biensur22

biensur22 litigious poster

Oddometer:
    hello from linda vista! I've actually been here for a year, but I've spent most of my time on the SDAR forum - apparently i haven't had the same trouble as everyone else. A bunch of us are going riding in Coral Canyon on sunday morning too, if anyone else wants to join. I'll keep an eye on this thread though.
    -Aaron
  9. Spank

Spank Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Spank from Oceanside checking in.

New owner of a barely used WR250r.

Been a few years since my last ride so easing back into things, but will be ready in a few weeks to start hitting some easy off road stuff.
  10. fox8505

fox8505 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lurking for a while. Just moved to the Capo Beach area from Maryland. I tend to always ride solo just cause I haven't had ridin' buds for years. On a newly acquired KLR650 looking for off road, truck trail type exploration riding. I used to be into the heavier off road stuff but with the KLR and my inseam I'm best to stay on the easy stuff. Not to mention injury's take longer heal now... So I usually look for light stuff. I just explored Nate Harrison Grade up Mt. Palomar which was pretty nice.

Anybody have similar interest wanna ride, or even just share idea's? Lurking through past post I see conversation of many spots to ride but haven't a clue how to find them. Google is never the same as a knowledgeable guide.

Cheers -Fox

[​IMG]
  11. Crazy Canadian

Crazy Canadian All who wander r not lost

Oddometer:
    I'm always up for a ride but am in the same boat as you... Just moved here from TN... No idea where to go for either. Always up for an adventure if you are headed out to explore.
  12. tijuana

tijuana Farkling Around

Oddometer:
    ready to ride at Otay Truck Trail or near Southern San Diego.
  13. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    me too.
  14. Spuds

Spuds On my way home

Oddometer:
    I rode Otay Mountain Truck trail yesterday a little before noon.........There was no one up there yesterday except the Border Patrol.
  15. Crazy Canadian

Oddometer:
    On the non-motorcycling front...

As we are brand new to San Diego and the 98 lbs girlfriend went out and bought a second hand sofa and there is no way she can lift the other half to get it in the house. I have help loading it at the store but need someone to help me get it in the house. No major obstacles getting it in, about 6-8 steps up to the front door and a nice wide door and it's going right inside about 2 feet from the door. And I'm sure we have a few good cold beers around for afterwards.... So any chance someone can help?

We live in North Park near University & Texas...
  16. fox8505

fox8505 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yo Crazy,

I'm able and willing to help but I'm about an hours drive from ya. It isn't the time but naturally the gas... Hopefully you'll find someone a lil closer that can help. Good luck.
  17. Crazy Canadian

Oddometer:
    Yeah I am not even sure where Capistrano is... Hopefully there is someone around these parts who has a few minutes to help out. My girlfriend suggests I back the trailer up to the sidewalk and hope a passerby offers to help... She doesn't realize no one walks around here...
  18. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
    FYI San Diego riders i updated the San Diego County Back Country Adventure Route. Its designed for mid range bikes like the F800GS and the Tiger 800XC.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737745

<IFRAME SRC="http://www.dualsportmaps.com/embedMap.html?id=3BFFB381-4027-4FF2-8E19-DD08BED4EC4E" TITLE="San Diego County Back Country Adventure Route" width="640" height="480"></IFRAME>
  19. Crazy Canadian

Oddometer:
    My sofa issues is now sorted. Bikeslut from San Diego Adventure Riders is on his way over. Thanks for the help guys and if anyone ever needs help, I am presently an unemployed bum and will be happy to help.

SDAR is a great site for local rides for my fellow newbies to the are on here.

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/
  20. Dan Diego

Dan Diego Long timer

Oddometer:
    CC: Please PM me if you still need someone to help lift. I can be in NP in 30 mins, no prob. Danny