Central Missouri Advrs ??

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by rgp332, Dec 2, 2012.

1. DabsAlot

DabsAlot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. Midnightventure

Midnightventure -

Oddometer:
    Are those pictures from the Columbia area? I am off from Christmas through New Years but my son comes in from China for his once a year visit so I can't really spend any time riding while he is here. After that if we keep getting the kind of weather we have been I would enjoy seeing some of the sights in your pictures in person.
    Bill
  3. DabsAlot

Oddometer:
    Bill,

Yes, these are within an hour of Columbia. Let's get together when our schedule and weather permits. PM sent.

Steve Eichelberger
  4. cman

cman cman

Oddometer:
    From the little town of California, MO. I will keep a eye on this site, lets ride.
  5. Teep

Teep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice bike Steve. I'm riding a blue F650GS around Columbia on occasions. Since coming back from Alaska on it I have not been able to ride in the cold for some reason. Even at 60 degrees I get cold now so it looks like I won't be riding until spring.

There are some great old roads in northern Moniteau and southern Cooper Counties that I ride occasionally. The best challenge on a road is Devil's Backbone road east of the airport. There is also some good roads south of the airport. If we can get a warm day next month I would love to ride some.

Garry
  6. DabsAlot

Oddometer:
    I have done some exploring south and east of the airport, found the Devil's Backbone, beautiful place! I spotted some abandoned roads around the area, but not knowing if they are public or private, I haven't ventured down them. I ventured north of Columbia today, but it's pretty densely populated the places I went. I recently rode a route I found on Dualsportmaps.com east of Fulton.....it was a nice ride.

Steve E.
  7. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
  8. bigborefan

bigborefan I know a lot, and what I don't know, I lie about.

Oddometer:
    I cut across MO once coming to IL from OK. Been wanting to get back down there and explore. If I remember between Jefferson City and Hermann I had a good time. Anyone got any good suggestions or routes in that area? I would like to get back down there, base out of Hermann and ride around that area.

I'd like to ride some gravel and dirt if possible. I would be on my KTM 950SE.
  9. dmac431

dmac431 Boots

Oddometer:
    Just North of the border, the other Mexico
    Give me a shout when you guys get together. Would love to share some back roads. :happay

10. DabsAlot

Oddometer:
    Do you know pkforbes87 , think he's in Mexico. Fellow MU student.

Steve
  11. dmac431

dmac431 Boots

Oddometer:
    No , not yet. Maybe soon we can all get together. Honestly I didn't even know there were any of us Advt riders in Mexico. Yeah, I'm not alone!!!

[/B]
  12. rgp332

rgp332 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dabsalot : I know where that big tree is !
    I'm also working on a "77" TY250 ,bought it a few years ago. Just now getting around to fixing it up to play with,figured I would get it running again,see how good it runs before I put much money in it.
  13. DabsAlot

Oddometer:
    There is a Motorcyclist Of Mizzou group I ride with, they have a FaceBook page and it seems they all ride there and take a picture with their bikes under that tree.....I stumbled across it via gravel roads, so I had to stop and take a picture also.

My TY is apart in boxes at the moment, I decided to tear it down and do a restoration on it, but then I moved to Columbia to go back to college and I ran out of time to get it done. The tank is signed by Mick Andrews, but it is nearly faded away. Plenty of parts are available for the TY's, I got what I needed online.

I like your tastes in bikes by the way! ;)
  14. dmac431

dmac431 Boots

Oddometer:
    Anybody up for a ride this coming weekend?
  15. DabsAlot

Oddometer:
    I will probably ride this weekend, my friend PitPass is probably gonna come up for a visit and some riding. We have no definite plans as of yet....such as a route or times. I will post here when I know more.

Steve
  16. dmac431

dmac431 Boots

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to it. Thanks Steve. Oh, thanks for letting know about PK the other day. I messaged him and hopefully we can all hook up.

17. cman

cman cman

Oddometer:
    I would ride this weekend but as luck would have it, I work weekends every other weekend and this is my weekend.:cry
  18. CVENCENT

CVENCENT n00b

Oddometer:
    There are a group of us that work at Larrys motorsports that all ride just come in and ask some one we try to ride at least once a month and I made a facebook group called MID-MO-Adventure-Riders i have not updated latetly. but if anybody is riding or looking for some good routes i know of sevral good route or http://www.dualsportmaps.com/ and ready to do some riding
  19. CVENCENT

CVENCENT n00b

Oddometer:
    We are riding sunday meeting at larrys at 10:00 and we will leave from there if anybody is interested
  20. dmac431

dmac431 Boots

Oddometer:
    Thanks Cvencent,

I am very interested and will try my best to be there. :freaky Hopefully we can get a nice group. You have any idea where we my head. I'm open for anything.

Dale