MOTO GP - INDY Tickets

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Cactus Dave, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Cactus Dave

Cactus Dave Born to Argue

Oddometer:
    Moto GP Indy – WERA Vintage Group Tickets

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Last year a number of us who ride in WERA Vintage went together to buy a group of tickets for the Moto GP at Indy. I and another Vintage rider are putting together this year’s group buy. We have seats available. If you buy with the group you get:

(1) We have a block of seats reserved in the B Penthouse @ $150 and a block reserved in the H grandstand @ $125. Each ticket is good for the entire 3-day event. No tickets are sold for individual days at the track.
    (2) VIP Motorcycle Parking Pass (can be substituted for an automobile parking pass). Non-group tickets have to pay for parking.
    (3) Track Laps of the Moto GP course on your personal motorcycle. This will occur on Friday August 28<SUP>th</SUP> between 8 – 10 am. This is available only to group ticket holders.
    (4) Pit Walk and news conference with Moto GP riders Friday August 28<SUP>th</SUP> between 8 – 11 am.
    (5) Two (2) Free Indianapolis Motor Speedway souvenirs ($20 value) (a visor with the race logo and a Centennial Era “cinch” bag).
    (6) 10% off coupon at the Hall of Fame Museum Gift Shop.

I sat in the seats in the B Penthouse last year and they were fabulous. They were at the end of the front straight right at turn 1 and you could see through turn 5. Others in our group sat in the H grandstand last year and they reported they were marvelous seats. They could see all of the turn 10 to 16 area and the entry onto the front straight. Both sets of seats have views of Jumbotrons to follow the action around the rest of the course. We can also get infield tickets @ $75 which allow you to watch from the fences or unreserved bleachers. I watched practice from there (infield access is included with a reserved seat purchase) last year and it was great.

We must have at least 20 tickets sold to keep our group package. We don’t have it yet. Tickets would have to be paid for by June 25. Please join us if you are thinking about going. Last year the hurricane came through and the time to ride the course was cold, dark and wet so I skipped it. I want to ride the course this year. We need a few more butts to sit in our seats. Call Ron Raven to sign up: (770) 948-5394 or ronraven@lawyer.com.

Cheers,
    Dave
  2. RC.

RC. ADV FOR LIFE

Oddometer:
    Is anyone doing something like this for 2010? I was just thinking of buying my ticket for Indy 2010 and was wondering if I could get more bang for my buck somehow.

Besides that, any advice on which ticket to buy and where to buy it? I was wondering if general admission is good enough, or if you're really better off paying more for a spot in one of the grandstands? You can get a three day gen-admission ticket through the IMS website for sixty bucks plus fees. On the MotoGP website it looks like they charge you thirty-one bucks just to mail the tickets.
  3. Killer Whale KTM

Killer Whale KTM Life is the adventure!

Oddometer:
    Cactus Dave,
    I'm real interested. I'll get back to you as soon as I can confirm scheduling.
    Thanks,
    Killer Whale KTM
  4. Eurobiker

Eurobiker Vintage Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Very interested in 2 in H, C.Dave; but we can only make it for Sunday. Do you know what they charge for car parking to the non-group folks? If its near the same, I'd throw in with you guys to get you over the hump, even though we can only make it for Sunday. :thumb
  5. blammo

blammo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    um…this post is from last year, right? if there's some sort of group buy going on for 2010, I would be into that.
  6. Eurobiker

Eurobiker Vintage Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Duh, ur right, blammo. I saw the new post and didn't look at the originators date. :doh
  7. RC.

RC. ADV FOR LIFE

Oddometer:
    Me too . . . that's why I asked :deal Guess not, though. Just a bunch of guys who want to buy tickets to last years race :lol3. I think I might just go with the gen-admission ticket and see how it is. I think you still get access to the paddock and whatnot, just not the vantage point of a good spot in the grandstands.
  8. Motorcyclist

Motorcyclist Drag a Bag!

Oddometer:
    My advice: buy a general admission ticket, walk the track a bit, and spectate from several vantage points. I found the grass mounds at the T6-T9 area and T10-T15 areas to be excellent spots. You can get very close to the riders at T6 IIRC, and lots of photographers were camped out there to get close up shots. There are also groups who purchase tickets and you can join in with them (Ducati Owners Club, etc.). Those might give you some kind of group parking and a few paced laps of the track.

I can't recall if parking cost $$, but I'm pretty sure it was free. I parked at one of the south lots, and they had a place to check gear, and I recall making a donation to the group running that service.

The grandstands are not the place to spectate for a motorcycle race. The F1 garages obstruct sightlines from the main grandstand and keep you too far away from the bikes. The infield gets you closer and lets you see more of the action, in my opinion.

Go and have fun. Hopefully we can get everyone together before the race for a group picture. Be sure to check out the dirt track race at the Indy Mile the night before the MotoGP race.
  9. Cactus Dave

Cactus Dave Born to Argue

Oddometer:
    Well, we're doing it again this year, and the deadline is approaching, so this is a most timely reminder.

All who are interested, speak now or forever hold your peace, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah.

I'm going back to sitting above turn 1, a little further out than in the past so there is a better view back up the front straight, a better view down the shute out of turn 3 or 4, and just as good a view of turn 1, which by the way, should be REAL EXCITING given the propensity for all 40+ Moto2 riders to arrive at a corner at the same time and not give way for anybody or anything (see yesterday's races?).

The track ride was worth the little effort it took. It is not like blitzing the track lap after lap on a track day (what would be?), but nonetheless, you're on the surface, at the mecca of US racing, on a motorcycle, experiencing to at least some limited degree the view Nicky et al have of the place. Pretty damn cool.

PM me ASAP and we'll get it cranking.

Cheers,

Dave:D