2013 + Honda CB1100

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Aug 24, 2012.

1. NateLePain

NateLePain The Illegitimate Painter

Oddometer:
  2. ARDirt

ARDirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am 6' with a 34 inseam. Felt a bit cramped and knees felt high.
  3. Scoobynut

Scoobynut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will look into it. Probably the cheapest farkle any of these bikes will ever get!
  4. The other Ferret

The other Ferret Motorcycle nut

Oddometer:

Lol probably right. Each one costs less than a gallon of gas. :D

I'll probably put on black metal valve stem caps from Harbor Freight if it comes with rubber ones from the factory. Those shouldn't be more than $ 3 or 4 bucks.:deal
  5. Scoobynut

Oddometer:
    Between the valve stem caps and the lever caps you'll be up to about 10 bucks. I'm starting to think you used to own a KLR. :wink:
  6. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice to see some of these bikes are soon to be in owners hands. hip hip hooray!

in the meantime I am watching some ball and reading this fine book

[​IMG]

it is a very good read for those of us that have been drunk on Honda kool aid all these years

cant put it down
  7. Plungerhead

Plungerhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cheers, friend! I'm not scared of riding in the wet; but probably would be of you in a bikini in my driveway! :D.....I just don't want THE first ride to be in weather like we are having around here right now. I'm with other Ferret .....................whats a couple more days. I'm going to the dealership Friday afternoon to finalize everything. I spoke to my salesman today and asked about a "bribe" to open the door for 5 minutes on Monday so I can get her home. We'll see what they say tomorrow, and I will post the highlights of our conversation. :evil:evil
    Damn, I can't believe the bike is actually on the dealership floor! I get to touch, feel, smell, taste, and even hear this girl run tomorrow.
    Another night of no sleep................oh well. :clap:clap:clap
  8. Guth

Guth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, I own that book as well. Great reference book!
  9. OldF7Guy

OldF7Guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Edit. wrong entry.
  10. Oldgoat01

Oldgoat01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Although we've never met in person, I feel that I know you and I think of you as a friend held together by a common bond of the CB. Given this strong bond, I've decided to make a most gracious suggestion, to share my wisdom and my time. I think you should go ahead and get the bike today. Bring both video and still camera with you. Take lots of pictures at the dealership, attach multiple video cameras to the bike and your helmet and ride the bike home being careful to include sections of city roads, interstate and twisties. When you get the bike home wash the bike and take detailed photos of the bike. (I would suggest purchasing a good quality DSLR for this if you don't already own one.). Of course, you should be taking copious notes throughout this process. After doing this, post all pictures, videos and your thoughts. If you do this even though I am extremely busy doing lots of extremely important things, I will commit to pouring over all the information you post to identify any issue with the bike that you may have missed. Yes, you read that correctly... I will spend my valuable time making sure you did not get a lemon, there are no strange noises or scratches and there are no hidden issues with the bike. And I do this for you at no cost! Just as a friend looking out for his fellow CB lover. And, I'll bet I'm not alone. I'll bet there are others on the forum who will commit to do the same!
  11. Scoobynut

Oddometer:
    Just got off the phone with my dealer. My bike will be here Monday! Well, not exactly here -- 100 miles away in Bismarck. And we just got 4" of snow. Chance of snow is forecast for the next 5 days. So it will sit there for a while, who knows how long with this weather? I'll use this time to figure out just exactly how I'm going to obtain that Staintune muffler. The closest Staintune dealer is down in Sturgis (BMW/Yamaha) so I'm going to call them today. Will keep y'all posted.
  12. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    there are going to be a few very excited guys outside Honda dealers today....

:nod
  13. Grousedog

Grousedog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I checked with my dealer today and he said mine won't even be shipped until the 28th :cry He also said I got the only one allotted him?? (non ABS) He said he could not get one for his April or May order period? Sounds strange to me.
  14. Scoobynut

Oddometer:
    From the few conversations I've had with dealers here in N. Dakota, the 'Powerhouse' Honda certified dealers -- the ones that sell only Honda products, among other more stringent qualifications -- have more leverage in fulfilling orders for bikes. It probably means that non-Powerhouse dealers are some ways down the queue when new product comes out. Maybe your dealer isn't a Powerhouse dealer?
  15. Guth

Guth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same date my ABS model is being shipped. The dealer I'm working with is not a Powerhouse dealer.
  16. Grousedog

Grousedog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My dealer, Motorsports International, is a large dealer but they sell several brands so it's not likely they are a "Powerhouse dealer". He seemed genuinely pissed off he could not get more.
  17. Plungerhead

Plungerhead Long timer

Oddometer:
  18. The other Ferret

The other Ferret Motorcycle nut

Oddometer:
    Well?
  19. Plungerhead

Plungerhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I was trying to be cute.
    Just got home from the dealership.......the bike stayed there until tomorrow morning. A friend is going to trailer it to my house, then I have to work 12-8.
    Doesn't matter, the weather here SUCKS right now!!!! Cold, rainy, just YUK!!!!
    It isn't supposed to be any better tomorrow, but at least trailering it home the rain and grime won't be baked on. Then Sunday the weather is supposed to moderate, so I can ride this baby!!!!!!!!!
    Pics and thoughts to follow in next post.
  20. Plungerhead

Plungerhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    First off I'll say that the overall fit and finish of this CB is striking! It is very obvious the design guys at Honda put a LOT of thought into the details on this bike. The paint looks like you could just fall in to it. NO pictures on the web do the bike justice, and I've saved quite a few. :D
    Although I didn't ride it, I examined it thoroughly. One piece that I had reservations about was the headlight brackets; I couldn't tell from internet pics if they were plastic or not. They are NOT! Just beautifully crafted aluminum (I think). Even the bolts that mount the fender (underside) to the front forks are chrome plated acorn heads!
    Until I actually ride it, the coolest feature is the sidestand. It blew me away!
    Just put your toe on the tab (which is tucked away nicely, btw) and the stand drops down with authority! Kinda hard to explain, you just have to experience it. It thrilled me! :clap
    Also, lofting the CB up on the centerstand is a piece of cake as well.
    Once on the mainstand, I sat on it for a good 15 minutes just evaluating the overall appearance and I gotta say It Doesn't Disappoint! The foot peg position seemed to fit me perfectly, and the reach to the handlebar controls were very natural feeling. Oh yea, I'm 6 feet tall with a 32" inseam.
    Again, the paint is simply stunning! I' so proud to own this extremely well thought-out machine.
    Jim