Calling all BIG's this is the Doc

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Doctor, Jan 17, 2012.

1. mickmo

mickmo diggin the dirt

Oddometer:
    Hey fellas, a mate of mine is bringing a container from the US next year and has offered me some space.:evil

Are the DR 750's common over there, would it be possible to import one without too much stress from the transport dept?
  2. robmoto

robmoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    They were not imported to the states all though there are a couple there , they were imported to Canada only about 30 or so.
    Hope this helps.
  3. mickmo

mickmo diggin the dirt

Oddometer:
    yes and no I suppose.Ha Ha! I might have to keep an eye out for something else less rare.
  4. johmarq

johmarq RottenMongrelBastard

Oddometer:
    Yeeee Ha !! There here!!!

My Big is now running like a clock and all spruced up, dented tank fixed, everything else either cleaned, painted or polished.

All I needed was the stickers for the tank and side covers, and now I've got a set.

[​IMG]

I priced getting them made locally, $250 I nearly fell over.

But thanks to Rob ( Robmoto ) and his link to the Italian ebay seller, there finally here!!

$60 delivered in about a week, great quality:clap

Thanks again Rob

Cheers, John
  5. robmoto

robmoto Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. treborbig

treborbig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok hi all From The West :D.Got a dr 750 needs bit of love.New wiring loom... easy 150 Euro Sidecovers ...easy 40 euro..each love that CMSL site..Want that Gaston Rahier for sale in europe 18000 eruro a bargain :huh Bit of rust in lower frame section should be easy fix with new tig :wink: Carbs are shite rusted?:D and stiff ..have to buy 4 so if anyone wants a pair let us know .Want to get it started to check gearbox etc good .Done 85000 so figured rebore or at least new rings .Compression seems to be only about 120 psi to low? Tins all good, beak etc all there.Do love the photos Had fully adv DR 650 few years back 2 actually but someone wanted them more than me :wink:Cheers guys
  7. robmoto

robmoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    You live west of where:ear
  8. johmarq

johmarq RottenMongrelBastard

Oddometer:
    Hi Treborbig,

How about a photo of your Big.

and Rob, I noticed some of your bikes have the Desert Express decals, are they still available?

Cheers, John
  9. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    I haven't seen an answer yet, How long's Doc out for??
  10. robmoto

robmoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    John not sure if suzuki still have em, the ones on me orange bike I got of England ebay and are originals just keep watching ebay. you could email that bloke that made those stickers you got and see if he will run some for you.
    Wemoto in England sell DR BIG stuff too.
  11. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    This is parked downstairs in the motel I'm staying at Invercargill, he also has a 750, and lives about 30 minutes from where my R80GSPD will be housed.

I made him an offer, but dosent want to sell, but said he knows of a couple of 800's that may be available.

He bought this 800 about 18 mths ago, and paid f**Kall for it.

A lot less then what I paid for my R80GSPD

[​IMG]
  12. robmoto

robmoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Havn,t seen or heard from Doc for about 4 months now, might be a life ban :eek1.
  13. robmoto

robmoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where in the hell is Invercargill,
    I am working on a sr/42 1990 / 800 same as above right now best model ever I wreckon they lend themselves to heaps of mods to make them a real good bike, they are fairly sluggash as standard , if you can have a look at the outlet of the muffler must be all of 20mm round.
  14. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    South, try about 2500k's south from Bathurst, straight down sunshne, he he.

In the days of the British empire when the sun never set, Invercargill was the most southern city, next stop Antartica (sp?)

Its raining now, will do tomorrow re outlet diam
  15. treborbig

Oddometer:
    Wait a While W.A. :D Been offered harness and cdi from bloke in ireland:D so thats good .Can you test these things? CDI etc .By the way nice bike do like the yellow .Thinking new rings ,maybe piston,might get balancer chain, camchain as well .Probably get someone else to strip, check and assemble motor.More a question of time and single so not that hard [read expensive{
  16. robmoto

robmoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    See if you can get 1989 / 90 loom it is more updated and sorted better than 87/88 ones. that is if your bike is sr/41/42. cam chain , and ballancer chain no worries from local suzuki dealers, I never have bought a piston local allways from the web so carn,t answer that one , Hessler sells Mahl ones good stuff Germany, but charges like a wounded bull I know you just carn,t buy rings you have to buy both piston and rings and gudgeon don,t come with it either.
  17. treborbig

Oddometer:
    Are they all the same these carbs.?..apart from jets ; Wrecker seemed to think tho they have same no. they have different internals :huh.Got the list which has on all the bikes on; found some gsxr ones but reckoned fix my old ones .MM dosent make sense
  18. robmoto

robmoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you are going to buy some bst 33,s buy the ones of a sr/43 DR 800 1991 onwards, they have overflow pipes in the bowls handy if you leave the fuel on and some shit gets caught in the needle and seat, then fuel won,t run in and leak down into your oil.
    If you are going to put a better pipe on the bike go up to 125 main jets, allso if it has the original float assemblies in it they will be rooted and you won,t be able to set the floats at the right height, each float and cage is about 60 bucks, it will probably need all the new O rings and new needle jets and needles.
    Arround 150 bucks per carb to make good again.
  19. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    has anyone fitted a pair of 37mm fcr-mx carbs?
  20. robmoto

robmoto Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have fitted 3 pair 36mm tm pumpers to 3 of mine and worth the dosh .