Yooperbikemike's 2012 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by spezjag, Nov 7, 2011.

1. SGrider

SGrider Bob's country bunker

Oddometer:
    Ellison shouldn't even be out there, at Indy he cut the track several times just to pick up a spot or two. He wouldn't get off the racing line there either, even though they were waving blue flags.
  2. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
    I just watched again and they cut to an onboard with Dani just as he initially gets behind Ellison.
    Impatience was my call yesterday and still the same. He thinks he owns the track so fawk him.

I want to see Ducati get that bike sorted and Dovi stuff it up under Jlo and then kick his foot out at him like it was done to him :lol3
    You can't race me I'm special :rofl
  3. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    I think I read after he had cooled down that he admitted to a mistake.
  4. ErikY.

ErikY. Here, Now.

Oddometer:
  5. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not the first time! :nod

And, it wasn't just ONE turn JE blocked JL. It was at least two. And, he did glance back.

I here what you all are saying about the responsibility being on JLo. However, how is it that every other rider (including Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi) can get out of the way of a leading rider, but Ellison can't?
  6. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
    Show some proof of that, we all watched the same video feed and there werent any glances back so I'd liema little proof,
    A beverage of your choice sent with picture proof of a glance back :deal
  7. Davi5678

Davi5678 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    While we're pointing fingers, what was with that pissy little move from Dovi passing Pedro on the brakes after he'd been lapped?
    I respect Dovi's tenacity and braking ability, but he falls into the category of riders who get caught by a faster rider and make it as difficult as possible to pass, there are times to defend your position, but there are times when some sportsmanship should prevail.
    To paraphrase Stoner, there are riders out there who's ego outweighs their talent.
  8. bluebye

bluebye Skin it back

Oddometer:
    'neckville is where you hang your hat, Rolling
    The rear suspension looks broken.
  9. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just how easy would it have been for Ellison to get off that narrow dry line in those corners?

Maybe Jorge has the answer to that :lol3
  10. yety61

yety61 Global Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Elison/Lorenzo at Valencia.

Racing incident.

Jorge fucked up all on his own.

First time in 18 rounds of racing.

Two DNF's and 16 podium finishes, a deserving champion for 2012.

Must be under enormous pressure for next year, knowing that Pedrosa basically handed him his arse in the second half of the season and having Rossi coming back. Add Marquez for the occasional spoiler and 2013 looks promising on paper.

How long till the first round again?
  11. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Even IF there were blue flags, which I sure didn't see any, this is J-Lo's own fault. How the hell is Ellison supposed to get off the line in what is essentially a chicane, in the wet? No, J-Lo needed to cool it and get him in the next turn. But he does indeed have that "you can't race me or be in my way, because I'm special" attitude.

If you're in a fight for positions, you're right to defend it no matter what. The day racers start moving over is the day racing is dead. It is unsportsmanlike to give up.
  12. Davi5678

Davi5678 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dovi was in seventh place and had just been, albeit briefly, lapped, he wasn't fighting for a position.

When I used to race cross country MTB's there was an etiquette, that when on singletrack a faster rider would call 'track' when approaching a slower rider, the slower rider is expected,
    though not obliged to yield the track when the slower rider feels it is safe to allow the faster rider to pass.
    Obviously this only applies to a situation when there is a difference in speed between the two riders.
    In my opinion, when I see faster riders close a 6 second gap on someone who is circulating off the pace, and the slower rider then tries to block the faster rider it's a pissant move and such riders deserve derision.

For the record JLo messed up in that situation and can only blame himself, but Ellison has been a pissant in the past.
  13. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok, if you mean that particular situation - it sounded like a more general point you were making. To me it's simple: if you're being lapped, get out of the way as soon as you can (e.g. Ellison would have been unable to do it safely in that instance, until he was out of the bend). Whereas if you're battling for positon, there's no one you should move for. They can be going at light speed difference for all I care, part of racing is trying to overtake, and battle for positions.
  14. jm-2008

jm-2008 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. JNRobert

JNRobert Breaking Wind

Oddometer:
    Fairing the foul with art's false borrowed face

. . . To borrow from Shakespeare

it was an "apology' that was nothing more than showmanship on Rossi's part (a genuine apology would have been a quiet word out of the spotlight). He was playing the audience and Stoner was quick witted enough to reply in kind.
  16. Oscar

Oscar Constant Antagonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Stoner
    I met him briefly once when he was a 250 rider.
    I have unbounded admiration for his skill on a motorcycle, but I really don't understand the guy.
    Now he's having a crack at a Champion in a the Aussie V8 circuit (rumoured to be his next gig):

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2012/Nov/121113c.htm

Maybe someone should sit him down and point out some home truths:

1. You have the greatest job in the world. Try and look like you enjoy it from time to time.

2. Those people that you brush past outside your pit door actually pay your wages. Sign more than two autographs, you knob.

3. Most of what you whinge about and attribute to MotoGP is actually the work of MSMA (i.e. Honda - the people you work for).

4. You COULD have been the GOAT, and you threw it away. In time, this will eat you up...
  17. jm-2008

jm-2008 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
    I saw this when it happened as I do follow Casey and then the Soup report came out.. Most people burn bridges after they leave not before they even get there :lol3
    He is one hell of a talent but he may have social issues..

Casey Stoner ‏@Official_CS27
    Amateur racing from @mwinterbottom, didn't know that you can use the grass to overtake!!

Mark Winterbottom ‏@mwinterbottom
    @Official_CS27 seriously dude? You may need to attend a drivers briefing to work out our rules for next year as this was discussed.

Mark Winterbottom ‏@mwinterbottom
    @Official_CS27 I look forward to racing you and seeing how a professional performs. #ithinkigetpaid?
  19. Crisis management

Crisis management Latte riders FTW!

Oddometer:
    You can't keep a good man down can you?

Where's the facepalm smilie?
  20. Oscar

Oscar Constant Antagonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Excellent point.

I'll add that to my list:

5. It pays to burn bridges behind you.:lol3