Drz400 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Britmick, May 4, 2007.

1. Avi8tor

Avi8tor ADV Poser

Oddometer:

It's from Forrest at Wheeling Cycle Supply. I think both fenders are UFO or something.
  2. jackpiner57

jackpiner57 Moto-Racks.com Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been called an ass, but never a fanny! :lol3 I have one with your name on it!
  3. 150ron

150ron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lets make a long story short, im doing 65+mph, 2 lane highway speed limit is 65 me thinks, i see a bike on my left coming at me fast, assuming its a harley, it passes me on the left pretty fast, HOLY SHIT, its a VESPA!!! WTF??? i pin it :D
    catch up to him at about 75ish, he pins it too and we are now both doing 80 :evil good times, im waiting for him to go faster, hes stuck at low 80's, i pin it and leave him in the background, got to about 95 and started slowing down.

I wait for him at the stop sign, we chat for a few minutes right then and there, cool dude, its a VESPA 300 GTS SUPER, air cooled with a top speed of 80+ mph, i know he was doing 80+ cause i was right there with him, ive never been so impressed with a vespa before, both looks and performance, and he tells me they make exhaust systems and other performance parts to make it go even harder, that thing has balls and looks the business for sure!!

[​IMG]
  4. blaster11

blaster11 Still having fun!

Oddometer:
  5. princess jamaica

princess jamaica OLD DOG-NEW TRICKS

Oddometer:
    I met Charlie(the owner of WELD 86)as he and a friend were travelling through N.M. a few months ago.Nice guy,and a great product.Easy install and excellent workmanship.He also has a tool tube set up that is just as sweet.:clapI'm new to the DRZ world and loving it.
  6. Tropic-Of-Canada

Tropic-Of-Canada Guru of Shoe Goo

Oddometer:
    Is there anything to be gained taking out my ACCT for inspection on my 04 DRZ S? I suspect it is why my engine is getting noisier all the time. Anyone experienced a failure on mid 2000's models?
  7. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did he ever make the tool tube thingy for the DRZ?

I know he has one for the DR650 on his site, but I don't see one for the DRZ yet.
  8. princess jamaica

Oddometer:
    Yes,I've got one.
  9. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    The acct probably hasn't failed, the cam chain is likely stretched.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  10. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
  11. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup, thats one on a DR650 and a DR650 one attached to rack thats attached to a DRZ.

But I dont see one that direct bolts on to the DRZ.

princess jamaica, you have one that bolts up direct to the DRZ frame?
  12. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
  13. Tropic-Of-Canada

Tropic-Of-Canada Guru of Shoe Goo

Oddometer:
    Alright, that's a reasonable guess too, so is there a service limit on the cam chain? There's more detail in my post 2 days back.

how do you remove and install a new cam chain? I understand the valve shimming process in theory, so is it a matter of dangling the chain down till its on the bottom gear, then looping it around the cams or do you have to tear down further?

I've never been in there myself, but I think I'll attempt it one of these weekends.... It's just getting too noisy! I'll try and post a vid of the metallic sound I hear....
  14. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its been a long time since I have replaced mine. You can check it by setting the motor at tdc and removing the bolt in the back of the acct and then remove the acct from the head. Inspect how far out the plunger is. If its all the way out the can chain is stretched.

If I recall when I replaced mi e I had to remove the clutch basket and the crank gear. You have to be very carefully when putting the clutch basket back on cause of the plastic oil pump gear. If the gears aren't lined up and you tighten everything up it'll damage the oil pump gear and starve the engine for oil. I remember the job east hard and it only took me an hour or so but I'm also a mechanic for a living.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  15. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Go with the DR. 6 speed and better low end power. It will wheeze more on the street, but will get you there just fine.
  16. princess jamaica

Oddometer:
    Mine is an E,and I haven't taken the time yet to fool with it.I believe it is set up for the sub frame bikes.
  17. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    can't tell from your pic...

is the water pump exposed as much as that oil line is ?

id rather punch the case with the shifter (bike dropped and stopped) than take a rock to the oil line or water pump at speed.
  18. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Believe it or not there are a lot of people who don't possess computer skills let alone the tools, capabilities, or desire to make something and would rather just buy it and spend their time doing something else. Don't confuse me with one of those. :D
  19. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Check the link.
  20. Viper210

Viper210 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a big ass shovel. I went with a more conour skid plate by Hyde Racing.
    [​IMG]