For Winnipeg and the surrounding area!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BOBMUNZ, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Eastbayview

Eastbayview Ride On

Oddometer:
    Hey Carl and Deb,

Karen and I would be in for a ride out your way.
    What can we bring for the BBQ? :1drink
  2. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Hey Gang, sounds like we have a bunch of people who are wanting to ride out on Sunday! Fantastic! Deborah is off to the city today for some errands, and picking up the food. No need to bring anything, we will host this year end bash.

As for the ride, we will keep to Highway riding, with the potential of one gravel road run at the end of the day if there is time and a desire for this. The dust is insane this fall, and without wind, it can be borderline dangerous with the farming machinery going around our area.

Here is the list of perspective attendees:

Piffle/Whyswoman
    BackR/Janice (she needs a handle)
    Stubblejumper
    Marisirider
    Silencejinn
    GreatWhite/frauline
    2Wheeler/Burgergirl

Will check site throughout the day for any additions or deletions.

Brian...Graysville is very easy to get to, even without GPS co-ordinates. Oakbluff take Hwy 3 to Carman 60Km's, At the Traffic lights, continue West on # 245 for 13 km's. Turn left into Graysville, and turn left at the first lane (about 100 meters from the hwy) and follow the lane to end (150 meters) and you end up at our house.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=carman+mb&daddr=graysvill+mb&hl=en&sll=54.499512,-95.458853&sspn=10.734117,39.331055&geocode=FdVw8wId3Zwo-ikblFDjnGzCUjGmC63IRz_zQA%3BFTB08wId5Twm-il1JZw5a2_CUjGc2cATIFFybA&mra=ls&t=m&z=12
  3. Whyswoman

Whyswoman The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer:
    What time???
  4. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    Headed into Wildwood Thursday or Friday weather permitting to pick up my new toy. Lunch?
    Lyle
  5. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Tech, what can I say... Thanks to all, which was pretty well everyone who attended for helping out with the KLX...
    Tires....Frick!!! Carb... Shit!!! Can't wait to change the oil, will probably need to call in the military!!
    Anyway, the support from the tech masters is very appreciated.
    Looking forward to some off the photos.

Tomorrow may be the last day of this exceptional weather, looking forward to the run to Graysville.

Mrs BR and I will be at the Oakbluff Esso at 10:30. I think Bent Forks is also planning to be there as well.

See you all tomorrow ...
  6. jimtoe

jimtoe Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer:
    The Peg 2 seasons short summer & long winter
    [QUOTE

Tomorrow may be the last day of this exceptional weather, looking forward to the run to Graysville.

Mrs BR and I will be at the Oakbluff Esso at 10:30. I think Bent Forks is also planning to be there as well.

See you all tomorrow ...[/QUOTE]

I may join in on this. If it is all slab I may just take the Hardly out for one last blast.
  7. rugbyrtcwka

rugbyrtcwka railroader

Oddometer:
    Just to turn around at destination to get back in time for work. Sounds like it's only and hour or so to get out there, so it might make for a good ride.
  8. Eastbayview

Eastbayview Ride On

Oddometer:
    Yep, another great Tech day. Thanks to Richard for hosting and Brian for organizing.
    There was alot of teching going on thats for sure.

Tomorrow

Greg, Karen and I will meet you there for 10:30. Jim...come on out!
    Should be a good day for riding.
  9. rugbyrtcwka

rugbyrtcwka railroader

Oddometer:
    just remembered that I have to take my grand kids to a B day party at the St Mary's corn maze tomorrow. Won't be riding with you after all.
  10. bent forks

bent forks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will be there and will meet you at Oak Bluff Esso west side of Perimeter Hwy :huh :deal

Jack
  11. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Sunday at noon, with BBQ at 4pm to follow.:freaky
  12. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Ok, I have planned a little route for the day. Considering everyone has to drive an extra hour each way to and from Graysville, we thought an easy ride would be to follow the route the girls rode last weekend, and extending it a bit further out. Graysville to La Riviere, north to Holland, east to Rathwell, south to Notre Dame and back to Graysville (200 km). Gas is available in Manitou about 45 minutes into the ride. See below link for Google Map.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Gr...1JZw5a2_CUjGc2cATIFFybA&mra=ls&via=1&t=m&z=10

Just north of Notre Dame are some excellent back roads with a mixture of Gravel and dirt. We could take a little detour for those who want to explore a little bit. If there are a few who are up for this, I will be riding the KLR, and Deborah will be on the Tenere' and leading the highway contingent back to Graysville. Our Gravel detour will likely add about 30-40 minutes and we should still be back by 4:00.
  13. MacNoob

MacNoob piney fresh

Oddometer:
    Yes NEXT weekend is the long weekend... so I'm committed this weekend and next. Booo.

Tech day was great! Bike is running super. Did Jinn's go back together?

Took the run out to Pinawa and back. 360km then switched to reserve in Winnipeg and made it back to LaSalle on reserve. Definite improvement in mileage with carb settings back to near stock (from the 'racebike' settings the PO had).
  14. Mark96

Mark96 Way Out There!

Oddometer:
    just in from the Bomber game....OMG.....

anyway better late than never, I'm in for tomorrow as well
  15. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Mark you will need a ride in the country to clear your head after that horror show!
    PHP:
  16. Mark-II

Mark-II Turn The Gas On

Oddometer:
    I don't know if I've ever thanked Pifflemaster for finding me on the klr650 forum and bringing me here, but this is a great group and it's always a pleasure to get together with all of you.

Also good today was the info and tips I got from the BMW bunch. I don't want to go overboard with farkles, so it's good to know the essentials, plus have some insight into the nature of the beast.

Unfortunately dad took a bit of a spill and had to drop out of the course, with a few scratches to a leg and a foot that is a bit blue and swelling from having a Kawi Eliminator fall on it. He's walking without cursing a blue streak, so probably nothing's broken. He's still planning to re-take the course next spring, but after talking to Bruce (head instructor), he's going to go for the evening classes, which are a bit more spread out and perhaps a bit less manic than the weekend session.

I did tell him that the riding course is the best place to get falling out of your system, though. And if you don't let a low speed drop scare you off, then at least you've learned what it's like. :D
  17. maraisrider

maraisrider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

I second that... OMG....

What a lousy team we have this year, they sure sucked the life out of a beautiful evening!

Looking forward to tomorrow :D
  18. PiffleMaster

PiffleMaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pity you didn't bring him (Dad) to "Tech Day"... would have done more to help than any parking lot pavement course...

That said; It was an honour and pleasure to hang and work with all who came to the end of September 2012 Tech Day.
    To show my gratitude, (Thanks to all who brought and contributed, I know who you are!) I'll pop in couple of my favourite pics from travels this year...

Strange lands...
    [​IMG]

Strange people...

[​IMG]

And a Big ADV Salute... :D

[​IMG]

To ALL! :thumb
  19. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Hey, it's going to be a great day for riding gang!:D Bit of a breeze to keep the dust away, and comfortable temperatures. Looking forward to doubling the population of Graysville today!:norton
  20. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Hey Brian, I know you are bringing along some extras from yesterday, do you have any extra plastic stuff? cups/utensils, etc? One of the trappings of country living, when you forget something, there is no store close by! If not we will make do!