Coast to Coast (and back?) with an Italian Supermodel

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AntiHero, Jul 13, 2012.

1. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    A female inmates thread of flower and bridge pictures with an occasional motorcycle ride went over 600 pages and 5 years before going quiet.

2. manban9888

manban9888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hope you transfer all your posts and pics to your new blog. I already have it as a favorite and hope to keep hearing about your adventures
  3. RacineWI

RacineWI Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wont let me subscribe, any one else having this problem?

4. manban9888

manban9888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had the same problem. AH...check the website because we can't subscribe. There are a few good ones out there that last years. I hope yours outlasts them all. Ride free brother
  5. Trane Francks

Trane Francks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Actually, you can. You need to scroll down to see the link. Once you've clicked the blog title, it takes you to its page proper. The subscribe link is at the top-right area above the comment box.
  6. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    The blog will be for all things net-new. And as others have experienced, even the subscribe feature is not easy to use, so I'm wondering if I might just open a separate Tumblr account or separate blog site that makes it easier on me to publish (and easier for everyone else to use). Stay tuned.

Where's THAT link, I can't wait to read! :) J/K. Please don't!

Stay tuned for a better blog fix. I might abandon that feature on antihero-x.com and pick it up elsewhere.

As for Necessary Death Valley Gear:
    Compressor, Tire Repair kit, tools, JB Weld, Duct Tape, Zip Ties (small and large industrial size), Machete, Shovel, #10 and #12 Machine Screws (for tire repair in the event plugs don't work), H20, Petrol, Sleeping bag, Food, Matches, Flint, Weber, flares, emergency medical kit.

On a bike I'd ditch the shovel and machete. Replace Weber with a small Propane stove with a small screw on burner and replace Compressor with compressed air repair kit. In the event it's cold, a hot water bottle could mean the difference between freezing to death and staying nice and warm.
  7. 02Deuce

02Deuce Where next?

Oddometer:
    I can't seem to make it work no matter which computer I try.
    But I do want to thank AH for the great Ride Report! It has truly been an adventure!
    Looking forward to your next Ride Report.
    Bruce
  8. manban9888

manban9888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey AH don't forget to fill us in on your new website. Ride on
  9. RacineWI

RacineWI Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is it over? I still can't access the new blog. Guess the party is over.
  10. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    The new website blog lacks some basic functionality that I need, so I'll probably switch to a standard blog site like blogger or tumblr or ? for future adventures. The only things happening in my world right now are either too boring to report on or too unbelievable (to me at least). It's a f'in crazy world and is nothing if not an unexpected and delightful (and often a tangled mess).

Not all has been great, though. I've had a couple episodes of paralysis (followed by a loss of consciousness) in the past month (tumor surgery related). It's happened before and I mostly know what type of activities bring it on. Neurologists have been stumped and ignored my self-diagnosis. After the last two incidents I went back to my Sports Doc who saved my ass in the first place and requested the drug used to treat the issue that neurologists are positive I don't have. Seems to be working and I feel better than I have in years. If/when I get confirmation (spinal tap, Cine MRI), under the scalpel my skull goes again.

Will probably get my right hand operated on, too, while I'm at it.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about shipping the Panigale overseas and losing/finding myself again. I'm being patient. Provided I can get my body functioning in a pleasant manner I'll be off again soon enough. For now the thought of another adventure on the supermodel (which I do ride every day) accompanies me to bed every night and wakes next to me in the morning.
  11. Trane Francks

Trane Francks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Heal well, man. Heal well.
  12. rico2072

rico2072 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you are still with us! Hope everything medical works out! Once you get your blog or other form of communicating, let us know.

Be safe.
  13. manban9888

manban9888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hope everything works out for you AH.
  14. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    Hey Antihero. I was just catching up with my sister and telling her about the ADVers I have had as guests lately here in Newfoundland. Then she tells me about this guy on a Ducati who stayed with them for a few days. Turns out it was you. My sis is Deanie on Penmerryl farm. She spoke highly of you.
  15. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Things with docs going in the right direction.

As for you, damurph--what a coincidence! I just spoke to Deanie via email right before they were about to set off to FL to pick up their sailboat. So happy to hear that they sold half the farm and were setting sail around the world. You've got a wonderfu sis. Was really hard to leave the farm.
  16. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Representing the ADV community at Thunderhill over the weekend. :)

[​IMG]
  17. manban9888

manban9888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good to hear from you AH. Hope things are going your way
  18. lurw

lurw Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wait. Does your plate say ANTIHERO? So cool! :clap
  19. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    Looks like "ANTIERO"

Sent from my fat thumbs on a small touch screen.
  20. flyingdutchman177

flyingdutchman177 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have followed your story off and on over the past year. I think we started our journeys about the same time from the same county.....The OC.
    Your story is aspiring.
    I have got myself in to trouble along the way on my ride but my issues have been nothing like the ones you have endured.
    After finishing North and South America, I am now over here in Europe. And I have to say, if there is a way, I would get you at the supermodel over here.
    The roads are like nothing else in the world. I am currently in Andorra and the ride here was amazing.
    And I am no doctor, but I can't think of any better medicine for you.
    If you make it across the pond, look me up and let's ride

Around the World in 800 days
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=801516&page=202