Delaware Chatter

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Hack, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Scotty P

Scotty P Funny Like a Clown

Oddometer:
    :roflI looked for it last night and settled for Evan Williams Honey Reserve (poor man's American Honey)

I need a DDB sticker for my forehead........:1drink
  2. JaxObsessed

JaxObsessed Aggressively pedantic about objective truth=Woke.

Oddometer:
    Someone write TARDIS on your forehead in sharpie?
    :augie
  3. tom c

tom c Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Ouch! Stubbed my toe last night. I don't remember how. Too many beers. And lemon drops. And Limoncello. All I know is that it was NOT a motorcycle related injury.
  4. crankcasejj

crankcasejj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ouch man, hope that heals up soon. At least it's not your big toe so you can still ride :rofl
  5. T

T --------------

Oddometer:
    Tom, Maybe you should consider wearing these for drinking as well as riding.

[​IMG]
  6. T

T --------------

Oddometer:
    A little bike maintenance today. There is actually more bolts/plastic to remove from the Tiger than the V-Strom. Go figure.

[​IMG]
  7. DannyLee

DannyLee Yellow Tractor Pilot

Oddometer:
    You really are quite the adventurer Tom, sweet Outback! Thought about getting one, but ended up with a 2013 Honda Accord this weekend instead. :D
  8. Dynamick

Dynamick Coddiwompler Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fixed with entertainment :wink:
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JlSyF0uv_RM?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>
  9. T

T --------------

Oddometer:
    Hey! I thought we got rid of that Dr. Who shit when ragnarock moved back to CO. [​IMG]

Sidebar: Where's 02 been? Did he get banned for posting some XXX RC stuff?

:D
  10. T

T --------------

Oddometer:
    This is my fifth Subbie. Every car has its issues but these (Subaru's) have provided pretty good service over the years.

Honda's are quite nice too. :D
  11. JaxObsessed

Oddometer:
    em is fighting words to Mick... :rofl

I've had 2, but they span from 1988 to present.
    My first one... an 88 gl was a gift.
    My vehicle at the time was an 82 Datsun Diesel King Cab. I bought the truck in 84 wrecked, then fixed it up as I am want to do. My pops had just retired and bought the Subaru. He was bitching about one thing or another about the car, and I said (trying to be a smartass) "Well if you have so many bitches about the car, I'll trade you straight up for my truck" My Father didn't hesitate..."Okay" he said. I was a blue collar kid... my folks did what they could for me, but the only predecessor for the car was a Fuji Bicycle. I was blown away.
    Latest is an 01 Outback... Both cars were/are my wife's.
    A matter of trust for me.
  12. T

T --------------

Oddometer:
    Sorry Mick. :D

Jack- I had a '78 Datsun truck. It was pretty tough but the years I spent in OC led to the "salt air demise" of its sheet metal.
  13. JaxObsessed

Oddometer:
    Yes I had the demise of the spot welded sheet metal as well.... You could probably put fresh fuel, oil and injectors in the motor in the junk yard and it would start. Amongst a pile of what once was the truck. :lol3
    It took me many miles before the Subaru though. Got 40 miles to the gallon too. :deal

He is a forgiving man. :thumb
  14. tom c

tom c Long timer

Oddometer:
    Man this moving shit sure takes a lot out of you. But the results are excellent I must say. Hack did an awesome job painting both houses but the new house is phenomenal! Not really a new house but the paint makes it look and feel new!

Podiatrist says indeed I did crack a little toe bone but there is not much to do for it but to tape her to the next toe for a few weeks. When I go back yet again in 3 weeks we shall discuss surgical options to treat the arthritis in my big toe - decompression osteotomy. Long recovery period, 10 weeks of not riding after 10 days of minimal activity immediately after surgery.Fortunately it is elective surgery so I can plan in advance so as to miss the least number of ADV events. Perhaps surgery in december, recovery in January and February to be ready for some early spring (or late winter) rides? We'll see. Even with the broke little toe the foot is feeling better every day.
  15. Dynamick

Dynamick Coddiwompler Supporter

Oddometer:
    The universe is a big place, no worries one man's shit is another one's sculpture.<object id="flashObj" classid="clsid:D

<embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashvars="videoId=2324951417001&playerID=2135610276001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAABqahvcuk~,RGQNBC2sOI5CAPhT5XX36Kl1CGSt66kX&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" swliveconnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" height="270" width="480"></object>

Had a 86' Subaru Brat, I loved that damn thing...
  16. DannyLee

DannyLee Yellow Tractor Pilot

Oddometer:
    TomC , man that is some recovery time! I wish you the best and possibly a speedier recovery.
  17. JaxObsessed

Oddometer:
    Ugh... +1 Good luck Tom.
  18. tom c

tom c Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the good wishes.

I don't have to do the surgery if I don't want to. If and when I decide to do it, at least I can plan ahead so as to miss as few riding days as possible.
  19. JaxObsessed

Oddometer:
    He never lets you get away with rc smears.... must be banned. :wink:
  20. tom c

tom c Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]