SPOKANE Area Riders

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by PNW Buttercup, Aug 13, 2010.

1. PNW Buttercup

PNW Buttercup Dancing with dirt roads...

Oddometer:
    I'm in if it's Sunday the 28th -- out if it costs $$$.:huh

But I can always ride out and watch at least. :clap Gives me a few more areas to ride about.

You all have fun down in Avery this weekend -- I'm headed North bike-less but not ATV-less.:wink:
  2. sector

sector Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    AdventureGirl is up from Oregon for a visit. So, we take a little 2 night tour of the Kootenays. This place is your backyard so I feel this post might be interesting to you all! :evil

Our first day we head out over a route that takes us through some power lines over a pass....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plenty of roads like this... [​IMG]

The scenery is getting sweet...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the ride plenty interesting...
    [​IMG]

With great views to be had ...
    [​IMG]
  3. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Radionman keeps saying I'm always watching.:lol3

It looks like you had a great time.
  4. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    What time are you meeting at the Snakepit? If I head out in the morning instead of after work today I'll meet you for breakfast but won't ride with you. :lol3 From the Snake pit I'll head down Moon Pass to the Big Eddy at my normal slug pace.

I'm thinking of riding up Slate Creek or Latour (however you spell that one) Sunday but still haven't decided which bike I want to take. Maybe I'll take the Superbug:pyndso I can go off and get lost by myself and not worry about it. The 650 is better for making time on pavement though. Ah heck, I'll know which bike I'm taking when I pull it out of the garage. :D

A19 if your riding the KLR and plan to ride slow an easy ride over Moon Pass wouldn't be too bad even on a sore body.

Airhead Bruce is in charge of getting rid of the mosquitos at camp before we get there. I'm guessing with the year we've had the little blood suckers will be plentiful.
  5. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    We'll be talking about this later. :huh As many times as you have requested we do something at the Big Eddy and you're beat feeting it north? I know priorities.....or what's waiting for you up there. :lol3

Have a good time. :D
  6. PNW Buttercup

PNW Buttercup Dancing with dirt roads...

Oddometer:
    I know! I know! :baldy

I love that area and really wanted to get down there this year (trails/cutthroat/views). It seems I had a lot of things/places planned out for this year that didn't materialize...ARGH!

Be safe and take some interesting pictures if you get the opportunity... :lol3 I won't be there so you may not have a lot to choose from...
  7. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    Have fun at the Big Eddy. It is our 2 year anniversery today and Robin and I are heading to White Fish Mt. tonight after she gets off work for the weekend. :freaky
  8. moto-treks

moto-treks Back Home

Oddometer:
    Meet up at the Snake Pit by 8:30AM for Breakfast/coffee/whatever. Leave :eek1 when we are done :rofl If anyone thinks they'll make it we'll wait ... for a bit at least :deal

[​IMG]

Pavement section:
    Snakepit to Thompson Pass
    Thompson Pass to Wallace (Maybe a bit of dirt right at Murray)

Dirt Section:
    Wallace to St Joe (Weis) via Slate Creek

If I've got time I may even shoot up to Avery to look at the fish pond :thumb

Then its down to Big Eddies :clap
  9. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    What? The two of you think you have something better to do then spend time with us? Just like PNW Buttercup. Dang couples anyway. I'd say happy anniversary but you never did finish that ride report and the two of you were still unmarried. :lol3 Have a good time. :clap Maybe we'll see you again this winter, I hope I remember what the two of you look like.

I'll be there for breakfast.

You have a fun route planned and I'm sure you'll have a good time.

For what it's worth I plan to head to Avery for huckleberry ice cream after lunch. Stopping to say hi to the fishies is alway required when in Avery.
  10. moto-treks

moto-treks Back Home

Oddometer:
    Great :clap See you there.

But ice-cream after lunch - which begins at 2PM - I'd call that dinner :rofl
  11. Alpha One Nine

Alpha One Nine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Connie is all ready to go. She sure does have expensive taste in shoes. She better be really nice to me.
  12. IdahoRenegade

IdahoRenegade Long timer

Oddometer:
    You're not running Shinko 244s on Connie? :D
  13. Alpha One Nine

Oddometer:
    I wish... I get two sets of 244s for what I paid for just the rear Avon. Not much of selection to choose from with her odd sized feet.

You gonna make it out tomorrow Brian? I can’t remember. If so, I'm meeting ID650rider from Sandpoint at the Sheri's in CDA (I-90/US-95) at noon. We will take 90 east to 3 then down past Rose Lake. Should be a nice dust free ride.
  14. IdahoRenegade

IdahoRenegade Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can relate, I used to drop $200 a pop, or close to it, on rears on my Connie. $45 or so for a rear shoe for the DR is a lot less painful. I do need to order another soon.

Not going to make it tomorrow. Just too much going on this weekend. Have a great time!

Someone bag the tag (tag-o-rama)!
  15. Kootenai Rider

Kootenai Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have fun tomorrow all. I'm headed to Silver Mtn. for some downhill mtn biking. I was going to meet y'all for breakfast, but my friends are coming to pick me up before I could get back home.... (Don't want to leave my bike at the Snakepit0

In other news, my CR250 is back together, so now all the bikes I own actually run. :clap
  16. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Sorry you won't be there. All your bikes running is new and different for you. Good job.
  17. moto-treks

moto-treks Back Home

Oddometer:
    ...and as my wife says, if you wouldn't ride them they would stay running! :huh
  18. Kootenai Rider

Kootenai Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    This one was running fine, but I decided to mess with the universe and take it apart to clean every nook and cranny and replace some parts that are wearing or just getting beat up from woods riding.

BTW, I'm now "that neighbor" because I got it all buttoned up last night and fired it up about 11:00pm. Wouldn't have been so bad but she's got a really high idle right now.
  19. IdahoRenegade

IdahoRenegade Long timer

Oddometer:
    OK you FFs, how was the ride?

I stuck around the house, we had an old motorhome I've been trying to sell. It finally went away today! Almost worth missing a ride for. Frees up some cash for a new small tent to carry on the bike.
  20. Alpha One Nine

Oddometer:

I just got home. I had a great time. Connie likes her new shoes. Hopefully she will treat them well so they last a while.