Nwgs Jeep'n Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by nwgs, May 20, 2007.

1. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. beemerkid

beemerkid Do you ADV

Oddometer:
    Look whats coming home to live in my YJ...
    [​IMG]

2003 Chevy 4.8L LR4 Vortec with a 4L60E adapted to my NP231 with a SYE. Custom tune and Cold air intake on the motor brings it to around 295 HP and a touch over 300 ft-lbs torque. And I have FINALLY purchased all of the associated parts. Its going to be a heck of a job but I hope it will be worth it.
  3. XpressCS

XpressCS Must. Have. Lumens..

Oddometer:
    Too bad it's a Chevy :lol3:wink:

-------

'Yall got nothing on this.

[​IMG]

Alignment is fucked.

[​IMG]

And so is the D30.

[​IMG]

But I don't care, it was bought to donate the 5.2L into the YJ. Can't wait to feel 220hp and 300ft lbs torque with a 5 speed manual behind it :D
  4. antwon412

antwon412 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That will buff right out.
  5. beemerkid

beemerkid Do you ADV

Oddometer:
    The poor 30 didn't stand a chance...but what five speed are you throwing in there?
  6. XpressCS

XpressCS Must. Have. Lumens..

Oddometer:
    Good question. Still working on that one. I'd LIKE to go NV4500, but I'd settle for an AX15 or NV3550.

-------

Jeep probably would have survived had I hit the gas before landing to level it out. It pitched nose first pretty hard..
  7. longtallsally

longtallsally Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer:
    Just saw this, SO cool!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k5DBpzoKIMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  8. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Those fittings are pretty exposed.

I think I would have added a heat exchanger and a pump on the input side so it can be filled an the trail. The bumper could also be used as an air tank if both ends are capped off...
  9. dmgiff

dmgiff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you already have the 5.2, I would suggest stroking it. If you don't have it, I would suggest going 5.9. I did a 5.2 in my TJ last summer and to be honest, it is a little underwhelming. I am currently keeping my eye out for a 5.9 to take it's place. I used my stock AX15 and NP231. It is definitely better than the 4.0 that I took out, but it isn't the fire-breathing monster I was hoping for. If you're just looking for some more torque, you will probably be happy with it, but don't expect anything earth-shattering.
  10. Rogue_Ryder

Rogue_Ryder

Oddometer:
    I know nothing about the specifics of the Jeep 5.2, but the older Chrylser 318s that were in the Dodge Trucks had plenty of power especially with a Cam, 4bbl, headers and dual exhaust. If the Dodge hop up parts work, I'd do the simple bolt ons before swapping out the engine.
  11. longtallsally

longtallsally Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer:
    Agreed. But conceptually, it really is a cool idea of idle space. Heck, I'm struggling with determining where I'm going to put an air compressor and tank! (Yes, fine, I'm putting some more stuff on the Jeep for this year's Rubicon run even when I said I wouldn't do any more a few pages back.)

The only problem for me in this setup is that the bumper has already taken some shots and I'm afraid I'd kill the water holding ability pretty quick.
  12. Krang

Krang Rides with hippies

Oddometer:
    hey guys, any idea what this bar is on the top of my jeep?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Previous owner said it was for kayaks, but I don't see how that would be useful for kayaks.
  13. Smopho

Smopho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    With a riser T bar inserted into the trailer hitch and that front bar, together it is perfect for carrying a yak or canoe on a softop jeep.
  14. redsport

redsport Adventure Is Out There Supporter

Oddometer:

It may have originally been a light bar but I can see how it would be useful for kayaks. I have almost added a light bar to mine for carrying a canoe. If you scroll up and look at post #1983 you can see the YJ with the canoe on top, by using a hitch mounted back support/post with this front support bar you could strap down a kayak on top of your Jeep.
  15. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    Looks like half of a Lange Rack.

http://www.langeoriginals.com/langeZC/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8xMaS9iqkLQ?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8xMaS9iqkLQ?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  16. Krang

Krang Rides with hippies

Oddometer:
    That's exactly it, although at a glance mine appears to be one piece. Not sure if I really need it as a light bar, probably will get rid of it.

Many thanks for helping me finally figure out what that was.
  17. redsport

redsport Adventure Is Out There Supporter

Oddometer:

I may be interested in it if you do decide to get rid of it.
  18. Tallbastid

Tallbastid Stay Grateful

Oddometer:
    My Smittybilt XRC8 was having controller issues, so I took it apart and hard-wired it into my cab last night. I wanted to keep it simple, so I mounted it up by driver's left knee, with an interrupter switch under the hood to keep people from dicking with it while the doors are off. I haven't been under the heep in a while, felt good. :1drinkI need to clean up the mount a little bit, but I'll take some pictures once it's all back together.
  19. Rogue_Ryder

Rogue_Ryder

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=104
    Today was definitely a great day to take the Jeep the out. The back roads all over the front range were clogged up with tourists, RVs and choppers riding 10mph under the limit, so we grabbed the map and looked for an open nearby FS road that we haven't hit up yet. Had the trail damage website not been down this A.M. I probably wouldn't have attempted the trail but luckily we ran into these guys from Hooligan Offroad out there and they showed us around. I was the only rig out there on 31s, but with some good spotting I made it through all the obstacles.
  20. Krabill

Krabill Long timer

Oddometer:
    I made this hitch rack for my XJ. Tried it out on the JKU yesterday for the first time. Works like a charm. It might be tight when I put a larger spare tire on the back, but I think it'll still work.

[​IMG]