Central Valley Dual Sport Rides more fun good times

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by dsrider, Jul 18, 2007.

1. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Ya yikes... hopefully no surgery needed. Weeeelll ... the 950 is still in pieces. If by some miracle it all is in one piece there is a chance.
  2. redwave

redwave well...seasoned noob

Oddometer:
    (center of the known riding world) Utah for now
    i have been working far, far away, and will be home and able to ride Sat. As usual would like to do whiskey. Whaddaya think...
  3. coarsegoldkid

coarsegoldkid Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You better check with the FS. That area has been closed due to the fire.
  4. McKay

McKay Long timer

Oddometer:
    was open yesterday.
  5. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Me? Out - have to work saturday.

Trying to get the 950 done - concentrating all my free time towards that effort. Hoping to have paint done by next saturday.
  6. coarsegoldkid

Oddometer:
    I just called the FS in North Fork. They told me that the entire area shown on the map in the Alerts from last week are still off limits. The gates may not be closed but as always we are to check before entry which I usually don't. We aren't suppo'da to be there. That includes Shuteye region and Whisky Falls camground region, Camp 5, all of it. Basically everything east of Central Camp Road. Gaggs camp is open, Beashore at Jones store is open but Grizzly road is closed.
  7. McKay

McKay Long timer

Oddometer:
    This unfortunately does not seem to be what the Doc is ordering.
    See the cutter Monday.... :cry
  8. McKay

McKay Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gates open, no signage, no trucks, in season on Tuesday, calling ahead is not a requirement.
  9. coarsegoldkid

Oddometer:
    We are hoping you have a fast recovery.
  10. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    I wish I could get up there and ride with you this weekend Dave, but I have my boy this weekend. Hope you get out & shred some dirt! It's very therapeutic :D

JP
  11. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    its Beasore
  12. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Bummer...
  13. Hesaid

Hesaid Long timer

Oddometer:
    This was in my email today, I thought I'd share it with some others:

USFS Sequoia National Forest Announces Public Meeting for Revised Forest Plans
    PORTERVILLE, CALIF., AUGUST 15, 2014—FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE. The U.S. Forest Service today announced that in anticipation of releasing a Notice of Intent (NOI) at the end of this month, it has scheduled a public meeting for the Sequoia National Forest at:

• 6:00-8:00pm - Tuesday, September 16, Sequoia National Forest, Supervisor’s Office, 1839 South Newcomb Street, Porterville, CA

The NOI will inform the public of the Forest Service’s intent to prepare and develop an environmental impact statement (EIS) that, when completed, will revise forest plans for the Inyo, Sequoia and Sierra National Forests. The NOI will also have information on the purpose and need for this action along with the agency’s proposed action. The final EIS will result in three separate Records of Decision and three separate forest plans. Forest Supervisors will remain the “responsible official” for making decisions on their specific forest plans.

The Sierra, Sequoia and Inyo are three of eight national forests that were selected as “early adopters,” meaning they will be the first forests to revise their land management plans using the new National Forest System Planning Rule, which was completed in 2012. The planning rule provides the framework for Forest Service land management plans across the nation.

Next month’s public meeting is part of the “scoping period” which gives the public a chance to tell the Forest Service what issues and concerns they think should be addressed in the EIS before the Forest Service begins drafting the document, and to provide written public comment regarding the NOI’s purpose and need, and its proposed action.

For more information regarding forest plan revisions, visit the Pacific Southwest Region’s planning website at: www.fs.usda.gov/main/r5/landmanagement/planning.

For Sequoia National Forest-specific information, please contact:

AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if special assistance to participate in this meeting is needed, please contact the appropriate National Forest. Notification at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the Forest Service to make reasonable arrangements.
    ###​

Alicia Embrey
    Public Affairs Officer
    Sequoia National Forest
    Giant Sequoia National Monument
    1839 South Newcomb Street
    Porterville, CA 93257
    Office: 559-754-1500 ext 1112
    Cell: 660-232-2629
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sequoianationalforest

MV
  14. Scrambleon

Scrambleon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    FYI, Tomorrow is the Loggers Jamboree in Shaver Lake starting at 10:00 AM. Since it is now a fund raiser for my kids school, guess where I will be all day.:twitch If you have nothing else to do tomorrow, ride up and come on by. I will be selling entry tickets all day.:brow

Scrambleon
  15. Scrambleon

Scrambleon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jeff, I forgot to tell you...we already left and returned from CO for the second time in as many weeks!:lol3

And no, it was like this one......
    [​IMG]

It was fun taking the family to some of the spots I was at only a week before. The Rubicon was nice, but you can't cover as much ground as you can on a motorcycle. Now it is all work, work, work. Got to pay off the travel expenses.:eek1

Scrambleon
  16. McKay

McKay Long timer

Oddometer:
    'like'
  17. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    1/3 done.

"Meh" quality but most importantly not orange :D

[​IMG]
  18. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Lame... you can still make out where the vinyl was :/
  19. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Easy fix, color sand and recoat...:thumb she looks good in white!
  20. ffjmoore

ffjmoore Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, another fire going. THis time its in oakhurst and hopefully does not go as far a miami OHV. 1200+ acres.

Scrambleon could you see what you can do about keeping it out of our riding area?
    :thumb